Menu Plan Monday ~ August 4/14

Menu Plan Monday for the week of Aug 4/14

Hi friends, I’m back!  We just returned from a lovely family vacation to Indian Rocks Beach, Florida.  It was so relaxing and everything a hot holiday should be :)  I’ll be writing more about our trip soon.

Some of you might think this is kooky but one of my favorite things to do while visiting the US is to check out the grocery stores and the variety of foods you have there that we can’t get here.  It’s so fun for me to make new discoveries.  Of course this chip addict goes straight to the junk food aisle.  I found quite the selection of interesting chip flavors.  I wasn’t crazy about any of them but that didn’t stop me from eating them of course lol.

US Chip Flavors

The rest of the delights I found (in either Publix or Walmart) were all delicious!  I can’t vouch for them not being available in other parts of Canada but I haven’t seen them in stores here in Alberta.

Gluten Free Chex Oatmeal

Gosh these Van’s snack bars were good!

Van's Cranberry Almond Bars

Gluten Free Granola Bars

I’m not normally a sweet cereal fan but these were yummy!

Trix Cereal

I love Skinnygirl!

Skinnygirl Sparklers

Skinnygirl Water Enhancer

Because of my son’s food allergies we cooked all of our own meals rather than eat out.  We had this chicken one night and everyone enjoyed it.

Simply Smart Chicken

Gluten Free Pretzel Sticks

I love trying new treats!!  Sure wish I could have brought more home with me in my suitcase :)

Do you love any of the above products yourself?

Menu Planning Resources:

Check out this awesome Menu Planning Kit (pictured below) designed by I Heart Organizing exclusively for the Back to School Printables Bundle sale.  More about this fantastic sale and all the other many printables included can be found HERE.  The sale is only available for a limited time!

Menu Planning Kit Meal_Planning_Printables_2-1024x776

Meal_Planning_Printables_1-1024x743

Meal_Planning_Printables_3-1024x968

Slow Cooker Recipes:

As you know I love using my slow cooker all year round but especially in summer when it’s hot outside.  Here’s some fantastic round-up posts for you with a great selection of slow cooker recipes to choose from.

45 Real Food Slow Cooker Recipes for Summer ~ @ Keeper of the Home

50 Slow Cooker Recipes for Supper ~ @ Add a Pinch

10 Slow Cooker Clean Out The Pantry Meals ~ @ A Year of Slow Cooking

My Menu Plan for the Week:

Monday:  Bacon Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Tuesday:   Pizza Pasta Bake

Wednesday:  Southwest Hummus Wraps

Thursday: Leftover buffet

Friday:  Mom’s Taco Salad with Catalina Dressing and Fritos

Saturday:  Grilled Caesar Chicken served with baby potatoes and corn on the cob

Sunday:  YOYO (you’re on your own)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU PLAN THIS WEEK?  JOIN US!

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

Don’t forget to join the growing Menu Plan Monday Facebook Page!!

One of my favorite menu planning resources:

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Comments

26 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ August 4/14

Erin @ My Mommy World says

I just saw the cappuccino flavored chips in the store last week, and I thought it was a crazy flavor! Did you actually try them out? I can’t imagine that they would taste good, but I’m sure that the company wouldn’t have made them unless they had a good idea that they would sell. :)

I did try them but wasn’t crazy about them though :)

Liz@PocketChangeGourmet.com says

Thanks for hosting Laura! It’s been awhile since I’ve added our Menu Plan, glad to be back!
    ~Liz@PocketChangeGourmet.com

Welcome back Liz! :)

Cathy @ Chief Family Officer says

Thanks as always for hosting, Laura!

Since you’re GF, you might want to check Cooking Light – they just did an issue with lots of GF recipes (I gave it to my friend who’s GF, otherwise I would actually know what issue it was – but she loved the recipe she made).

Oh I saw that at our library, I will definitely check it out. Thanks for the heads up!

Lori says

Thanks for hosting – I love to see what everyone has on the menu! I saw the Cappuccino flavored chips at my grocery over the weekend and thought it sounded like an odd combination.

Very odd!

Yes these ones are only in the US. Lays in Canada will have their new four flavors in stores soon for us to vote on :)

Janet says

Welcome back! I totally get wanting to try the different foods in the grocery store when in another country. We did the same thing when we went to Canada several years back.

Jackie says

I love shopping at new stores, too. It’s not kooky at all. In fact, my daughter and I visited Forever 21 in Charleston on vacay because we don’t have one near us. I love new grocery stores ;)

Thanks for hosting. I’m checking out the crock pot meals.

Tina says

I also have a GF daughter, we love going down to the US and finding new things in the grocery store only to be disappointed when they are delicious and we can’t get them in Canada :) GF Goldfish were her biggest find lately.

Wow I wish I’d see the GF goldfish, I would have loved to taste those :)

You’re welcome Jamie! I would so be lost without my menu plan.

Cinella says

Life has been hectic without menu planning, glad to get back into the swing of things!!

Tinne from Tantrums and Tomatoes says

Ok the cappucino chips seem weird…but I’d try them given the chance.
    Love the menu plan! Perhaps I will participate next time!

Yes please do!

Keri says

I haven’t tried most of those, but my family loves Snyder’s pretzels! I don’t know if they come in gluten-free, but they also make a pillow-shaped pretzel that is filled with peanut butter.

Yes the ones I shared above are gluten free but the hot wing flavor wasn’t my favorite :)

Sonja says

Thanks for sharing my Bacon Pesto Grilled Cheese. It’s a family favorite! Have a great week!

Robin says

I love the Skinny Girl water enhancers! I have apple flavor right now, it’s really good. And I’m kinda surprised to hear you don’t have Trix! That cereal has been around since at least the 70’s, one of my favorites as a kid. My grandma lived in Toronto when I was growing up, and one thing you DO have that we don’t is Coffee Crisp. A light wafer coffee flavored candy bar, SO good!! And I live in Michigan, where we have Canada Dry ginger ale. I remember going to visit my grandma, and getting a can of Michigan Dry at a restaurant. I thought that was so cool! :-)

Oh I didn’t see the apple flavor, that sounds delicious!!

Maggy says

I love going to supermarkets in other countries, because I like to discover and taste new things.
    The chips seem to be interesting. I would love to try the bacon & cheese one. Unfortunately I don’t get this crazy flavours here. I am already happy that “normal” Lays is available here now.

BeBetsy says

Thanks for hosting a great party! Keep up the good work. We love your blog!

Have a fantastic day,