Menu Plan Monday ~ June 16/14

MPM-Summer

Hi everyone!  Welcome back to Menu Plan Monday!  Come on in and share with us what you’ll be eating this week or stay and visit some of the links below to get some recipe inspiration for your week.

I hope you all enjoyed a nice weekend.  Last week when I created my menu plan I completely forgot about Father’s Day and didn’t plan anything special.  Thankfully we ended up eating out on Saturday night so I was able to move Saturday night’s planned meal to Sunday for Father’s Day.  I made the Baked Chicken Drumsticks with Rosemary recipe and they were a huge hit with everyone in my house.  Completely gobbled up in seconds :)

Chicken Drumsticks

Super easy dinner to throw together.

Father's Day Dinner

Menu Plan Monday Resources:

I’ve got two awesome resources to share with you this week to help you with your meal planning efforts.  The first one comes from Victoria at Creative Home Keeper titled Meal Planning Through the Seasons.  Victoria finds that creating a seasonal theme helps her come up with meal ideas and ensures she rotates the types of foods they eat around.

meal-planning-for-the-seasons

The next resource comes from my friend Jen at 10 Minutes Dinners.  Jen shares how to Create a Meal Solutions Notebook, otherwise known as your “brain” for quick and easy dinners.

Create your own meal solutions binder

Have a delicious week y’all!

your “brain” for quick and easy dinners
your “brain” for quick and easy dinners

My Weekly Menu Plan:

Monday:  Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce

Tuesday:  5-Ingredient Caprese Pork Chops served with baby potatoes

Wednesday:  Creamy Swiss Chicken Bake served with rice and broccoli

Thursday:  Making Chocolate Chip Strawberry Banana Bread for a Ladies Brunch I’m attending and as always we’ll be having leftovers for dinner.

Friday:  Bacon Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Saturday:  Crock Pot Whole Baked Chicken served with spinach caesar salad

Sunday:  YOYO (you’re on your own)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU PLAN THIS WEEK?  JOIN US!

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

Don’t forget to join the growing Menu Plan Monday Facebook Page!!

One of my favorite menu planning resources:

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

Comments

14 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ June 16/14

Keri says

Thanks for always hosting MPM and keeping me on track!

You’re welcome Keri!

Run DMT says

First time visiting here! You menu looks great and so the ones in the linkup! I loved the resources you shared. Have a great week!

Welcome to MPM!

Angel says

one way I keep things simple for menu planning: On index cards, one side I put the name of the meal with the category at the top, such as dinner, breakfast, snacks etc. On the flip side I put a condensed version of the recipe. Then, for example: We choose 15 dinner meals out each month and I purchase enough to have the dinner two days in a row. Having the recipe on the back makes it quick and easy to plan a shopping list since it only takes a minute to see in the pantry or freezer if I have what is needed or if the food item needs to be added to my list. I keep all the cards in a file box and each month we take time as a family picking out what we like. I also try to add in a new recipe or food item each month to try out something different. I purchase all the food for the whole month except produce. That is twice a month. I then make a quick list to put on the fridge of our “menu”. It is not slotted for a specific day since my life can be crazy, but I have a running tally knowing I have the food items already bought so its easy to choose something to make depending on my schedule for that day. I have saved so much time and money with this system and it has been very stress free for me as well.

Great idea, thanks for sharing it with us!

Sonja says

Hope you enjoy the Bacon Pesto Grilled Cheese. Thank you for sharing!

I’m excited…bacon AND pesto?? What’s not to love about that!

Ronda Bowen says

Monday: Carrot and ginger soup with crusty bread
    Tuesday: Sloppy joes and sweet potato fries
    Wednesday: Orzo with feta, green beans, and tomatoes
    Thursday: Black bean and sweet potato burgers, salads
    Friday: Roast cod with garlic butter, glazed turnips
    Saturday: Sweet potato gnocci with chicken sausage and kale
    Sunday: Herb roast chicken and Japanese eggplant saute
    Monday: Chicken and wild rice soup, crusty bread, salad

Oh my, your entire menu sounds amazing!!!

Stephanie Sullivan says

This is my first time linking up, and I’m so glad I found this site. What great recipes! I decided to post a tried and true recipe that my family loves from Taste of Home. It’s a spaghetti pie, and it’s delicious. Hope you all have a great week!

Welcome to MPM Stephanie!

Kira says

Meal solution binder? That’s a great idea, I definitely need to invest in one.

BeBetsy says

Thanks for hosting a great party! Hope you have a wonderful week.

Sincerely,