Menu Plan Monday ~ March 31/14

MPM-Spring
Hi friends, how are you all?  I hope menu planning is making as much of a difference in your life as it does in mine.  Honestly I would absolutely be lost without it.  If you haven’t given it a try yet, then how about this week?  What’s holding you back?

Recipe Highlight:

Two fast and easy recipes stood out for us last week and you might want to give them a try if you are looking for a quick dish to get on the table.

First was the Slow Cooker Chicken & Black Bean Tacos.  I loved this dish and served the mix in gluten free tortillas (Udi’s are my favorite).

Slow Cooker Chicken & Black Bean Tacos
Next was the One Pot Spaghetti dish.  Quick and easy is the name of the game in our house.  We’ve made other one pot spaghetti recipes before but this one just tasted better I thought.  Nice and creamy.

One Pot Spaghetti

Menu Planning Resource:

I came across this interesting article, all about slow cooker cooking tips, over on the Canadian Living site.  Great pointers on cooking various meats in the slow cooker.

My Weekly Menu Plan:

Monday:  Homemade Chicken Soup served with garlic bread

Tuesday:  Best Sloppy Joes Ever (family favorite!)

Wednesday:  Cranberry Pineapple Pork Chops served with rice and broccoli

Thursday: Leftover buffet

Friday:  Slow Cooker Beef Stew

Saturday:  One Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta

Sunday:  YOYO (you’re on your own)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU PLAN THIS WEEK?  JOIN US!

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

Don’t forget to join the growing Menu Plan Monday Facebook Page!!

One of my favorite menu planning resources:

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Comments

7 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ March 31/14

Keri says

I made something similar to the slow cooker tacos last week with pinto beans. I sure love being able to just throw a few things in the slow cooker and forget about dinner all day.

Have a good week!

Janet says

I’d be lost without menu planning too. Thanks for the link to the slow cooker tips. I hate ruining meat by overcooking it in the slow cooker.

Alexis AKA MOM says

Thank you for the party and the linky I can’t wait to find some more good meals to make.

Christy says

I made the one pot spaghetti last week, and our family LOVED it! One pot recipes are my best friend! ;) Thanks for all the great inspiration each week for menu planning. Looking forward to trying the Sloppy Joes this week.

Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor says

This is the first time stopping over to your blog, but this post is awesome! I’m always looking for good weeknight meals. Thanks so much for including my One Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta!

Jean says

I wasn’t motivated to do much today (last day of spring break for my boys) but I forced myself to make a menu plan simply because I know how much it helps! Thanks for hosting each week, I love coming here to link up and check out what a few others are cooking :)

Kelly says

I’m going to have to give that one-pot spaghetti dish a try, because my kids are fanatical about spaghetti. But the tacos are more my cup of tea. There’s just something about a heaping pile of just-grated cheddar cheese that makes my mouth water! :-)

Thanks for hosting, as always, and have a wonderful first week of April!

Comments