Menu Plan Monday ~ March 10/14

MPM-Winter
Happy start of a new week y’all!  Hope everyone had a productive yet fun weekend :)

I had the privilege of cooking dinner on Friday for a girlfriend who had just had a baby.  I also got to have some newborn baby snuggles and I’m telling you boy do I miss those!  My youngest is 8 and snuggles don’t come often anymore unless of course I bride him which believe me I’m totally not above doing.  So back to the dinner I made.  It’s a family favorite of ours and since I snapped some pictures with my iPhone for Instagram I thought I’d share them here too.  The recipe is called Creamy Caesar Chicken Pasta Bake.

Creamy Caesar Chicken Pasta Bake
Now this is a good one to make for someone else as everything is cooked on the stove in advance and thrown together into the casserole dish.  Then all the your guest has to do is heat it in the oven for 20 minutes when they are ready to eat.  The picture above is prior to baking in the oven.  Super easy and delicious too, I highly recommend this recipe.

I also included some quick to make Butter Tarts.

Butter Tarts
Here’s a look at it all packaged up and ready to go.  I added a frozen garlic bread to go with it.

The Gift of a Meal
Preparing and delivering a meal for someone doesn’t have to be complicated.  Please visit this post I wrote a couple of years ago with more tips on how to love on someone with the gift of a meal.

Reminder:

Please remember that Menu Plan Monday is for sharing our weekly menu plans.  I see a lot of people just linking up recipes which is lovely but not the name of the game.  If you would like to include recipes along with your weekly menu plan that would be great.  Thanks!

Have a super week everyone!

My Weekly Menu Plan:

Monday:  Honey Garlic Pork Chops served with rice and broccoli

Tuesday:  Slow Cooker Lasagna (using gluten free lasagna noodles)

Wednesday:  Mushroom Gravy Slow Cooked Rump Roast served with potatoes and carrots

Thursday:  Leftover buffet

Friday:  Chicken Tacos with Tropical Slaw

Saturday: Baby Shower – Slow Cooker Spinach & Artichoke Dip

Sunday:  YOYO (you’re on your own)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU PLAN THIS WEEK?  JOIN US!

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

Don’t forget to join the growing Menu Plan Monday Facebook Page!!

One of my favorite menu planning resources:

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

Comments

19 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ March 10/14

Pat @ Elegantly, Gluten-Free says

Aren’t babies’ snuggles precious?! I enjoyed a few yesterday at church and I would have loved to keep helping that new mom for hours…!

Yes I got more baby snuggles at church too (different baby), I’m becoming quite the baby hog lol.

Kate @ Teaching What Is Good says

Oh, those butter tarts look yummy!! I love to bring meals for those in need but I often find that my disorganization works against me! I try to have freezer meals on hand for just this kind of thing, and that helps me TONS. Except when we go through a hard financial time and we end up eating all the meals!!

Thanks for the link-up once again! Have a great day, dear!

You too Kate!

Let me know what you think of it Wendy!

Carrie A. says

I am doing a slow cooker lasagna, too this week… never tried one before, I hope it works out and is yummy! Thanks for hosting!

No I don’t think I have either, I’m a bit nervous about it but hopefully it will work out nicely :)

Janet says

Yay for baby snuggles! And what a delicious looking box you delivered. What a blessing for the new mom and family.

Yes we were able to set up 13 days of meals for her all together. So happy about that!

Kari says

That delivery box meal is awesome! What a lucky friend! And your menu looks great!

April @ Angels Homestead says

Babies are so precious! I have 2 brandbabies that I love snuggling with, and cant wait for more. I was surprised when I seen you were having tropical slaw this week, I’ve been experimenting with a version myself since I cant have mayo anymore due to an egg yolk allergy.

Thanks for hosting Laura and have a great week. :)

Tanya M @ Mom's Small Victories says

I love gifts that are meals! I received great meals when having each of my 3 boys (and when 1 tried to make an early appearance). I do think its a great gift for any busy mom, I sure would like it if someone gave me one of these for my birthday. I’m newish to the linkup. I’ve joined past couple weeks but didn’t comment.

Welcome Tanya, it’s nice to have you here :)

karen says

thanks for hosting, so have to try the honey garlic pork chops and the ceaser chicken pasta…hmmmm

Christina @ It's a Keeper says

Thank you so much for including my Slow Cooker Lasagna recipe in your meal plan. It’s a crowd-pleaser, for sure, in my house! I am dying to try those Butter Tarts too!

Comments