Menu Plan Monday ~ Feb 24/14

mpm-1
Hello friends, how are you?  Well once again I had some kitchen flops this past week.  Seriously it’s the story of my life.  The first flop belongs to the Golden Caramel Popcorn I was making for our Oscar themed dinner club party.  My first mistake was trying a new recipe rather than go with my tried and true one.  I never ever learn my lesson people.  When the first batch didn’t work out I ended up having to make a second batch using my favorite recipe.  Apparently I just like making work for myself and apparently corn syrup makes a big big difference :)  Here’s the results so you can see for yourself:

Caramel popcorn good and bad
Notice the huge difference?  Gee which one would you rather eat?  Then after all that I ended up being too sick to go to the party after all.  Boo.

My second flop belongs to the 2 Ingredient Pineapple Angel Food Cake Bars.  I didn’t get a picture of mine but let’s just say it looked nothing like the recipe picture.  It really rose up high and light making it hard to cut so I ended up making a mess of it trying to get it out of the pan.  Needless to say I didn’t end up bringing it to the potluck.

Menu Planning Resource:

As you know, I love, love, love my slow cooker and use it frequently.  It really is a life saver on busy days.  If you are looking for some slow cooker recipe ideas, my friend Amy over at Mom Advice put together a great list of 21 Easy Slow Cooker Meals that you might like.  Check it out!

21_Easy_Slow_Cooker_Meals

My Weekly Menu Plan:

Monday:  Super Easy Beef Macaroni and Cheese

Tuesday:  Slow Cooker Whole Baked Chicken served with rice and broccoli

Wednesday:  Slow Cooker Beef Pot Roast

Thursday:  Leftover buffet

Friday:  Pizza Night – pizza dough in the bread machine

Saturday:  White Bean & Bacon Soup

Sunday:  YOYO (you’re on your own)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU PLAN THIS WEEK?  JOIN US!

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

Don’t forget to join the growing Menu Plan Monday Facebook Page!!

One of my favorite menu planning resources:

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

Comments

16 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ Feb 24/14

Deanna says

lol, poor caramel corn! Thanks for sharing how it went. I won’t attempt it now! :-)

Terri | Sugar Free Glow says

I’m really bummed that the recipe didn’t work for that carmel corn because I’m sensitive to corn syrup and I thought I could just substitute coconut sugar for the sugar. I still may try it but BOO! I was hoping you would be raving about it.

Well to be honest it could very well be me lol. If you do try it let me know how it turns out!

Jean says

It is so frustrating when recipes don’t turn out especially when you are making them to take somewhere. I have a bad habit of doing that as well, waiting to try the new recipe until I’m going to take it somewhere. I’m so sorry that you ended up missing your party on top of all that.

Jennifer says

You are an inspiration! I shared my quick (and organized) gourmet oatmeal cups recipe this week. I will eat this for breakfast all week. As for the meal plan:
    Meatloaf (turkey/beef mix) green beans and mashed potatoes
    Pork Fried Rice
    Chicken or Shrimp scampi
    Steak Fajitas
    Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetables
    Chicken and Dumplings or Chicken noodle with left over chicken

Lydia says

I hate when recipes don’t turn out right! This is my first time linking to Meal plan Monday,I look forward to see what others have posted.:)

Leesy says

I really like the linky tool update! I haven’t linked up in a couple weeks, this is really cool, makes linking up a breeze and sharing a breeze!! Love this site I always leave inspired!! :-)

Korilynn says

Great menus! I love this party. Thanks for hosting.

Janet says

Kitchen flops are always disappointing but your tried and true version looks yummy! Sorry to hear you didn’t feel well enough to go to the potluck after all of that. Have a wonderful week!

Heather Woyak says

Thanks for the link to the caramel corn! We have a whirley pop and I am always in search of new popcorn recipes to try out! Your menu looks fabulous, too!!

Kelly @ Dysfunctionally Functional says

You make me laugh… “I never ever learn my lesson people.” Neither do I. I feel ya!

I’m always so, so happy to come back after being away from MPM. Thanks so much for hosting, Laura. You’re like Wonder Woman…I never can quite figure out how you manage to do all you do with your site, and still manage to have a real life. :-)

Hey Kelly! Nice to see you here :) Trust me I don’t do it all but I do have two teens who have lots of chores so that certainly helps lol.

karen says

thanks for hosting and that caramel corn looks great, have to try that.

CrftySAHM says

I love looking at all the menu plans. Thank you for hosting this site. Also, thank you for the new feature that leaves a check mark on the link we just looked at. I don’t have to write numbers down any more to keep up with where I leave off when I have to take care of other things (potty break, snack break, refilling water, changing diapers and such). Now that my new kitchen is done, hoping to get back to planning out meals and linking up on a regular basis.

I also noticed that there are a lot of home made pizzas on the menu plans this week, gives me the extra push to fire up the bread maker for some dough and pull out that pizza stone I just had to have…and haven’t used yet.

Crystal & Co. says

Thanks so much for sharing my Beef Mac and Cheese recipe. I hope you guys enjoyed it!

Comments