Organizing Skylander Toys

My sons haven’t gotten into the whole Skylander thing but just in case yours have and you have Skylander toys needing to be contained, a reader has kindly allowed me to share her method of organization with you.  I think this is such a fantastic idea that could certainly be adopted for all sorts of various small toys.

Jen purchased these ornament storage containers from Walmart.  This is how she put them to work organizing her boy’s Skylander toys.

Skylander Organization

She says she used the stickers that come with the characters as labels for each compartment.  The Skylander stickers that she put on the outside of the containers come with each character as well.  How awesome is this!

Skylander Organization 1

Having the stickers in place like that makes clean up a breeze!

Skylander Organization 2

And they stack which is great in case you need more than one.

Skylander Organization 3

I really love this idea.  If you can’t find this particular ornament case at your local Walmart, any ornament box would work really.  Mainly I just wanted to give you an example of how thinking outside the box a little sometimes gives you the BEST storage solutions.  Don’t forget to check your thrift stores as well.

Happy Organizing!

Linking up: Skip to My Lou, Home Stories A to Z, A Bowl Full of Lemons, Thirty Handmade DaysSix Sisters StuffYour Homebased Mom,  Skip to My Lou

Filed under: Containerizing, Kid Stuff
The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Comments

11 Responses to Organizing Skylander Toys

Kari says

Oh my gosh! I LOVE this! My boys LOVE Skylanders Giants and now Skylanders Swap Force. But the kids also got Disney Infinity for Christmas this year so that means even more characters! The bags they have for these games are sooo expensive and only hold like 10-12 characters each so you need a new one really fast. This is going to make my 2014 so much happier by not having all those characters everywhere! Thank you so much for sharing!!

Mridu Parikh says

This is a real fun and creative idea. Thanks for sharing.

Helena says

wow – you are way more organized than me – I am just happy with all those “darn” characters going in one bin – all 30 of them he has. but he plays with them, dumps them out, plays the game. then when he is all done, they all go back in the container and back into the entertainment center behind closed doors!!

Kelekona says

I’m glad that Swap Force is something I can hate in general without it effecting me enough that I have a right to have an opinion. (What children are playing with is less important than having feelings about something that matters.)

Remembering my childhood, having something like this for my ponies would have chafed… instead of “These two boxes are for ponies and costumes,” and then having a mix of my favorite ponies and accessories gravitate towards one box, and a huge play session would change what got put away first.

Justin says

I see that these are Sterilite, but they must have changed their product. The new ones are rounded and I can’t find anything else as perfect as those she used. If anyone knows where these can be found, please share!

Susan says

I was going to say the same thing as Justin….the sterlite ones I found were round and not divided. Where can I find ones like these.

She bought them this year at a Walmart but that’s all I know.

Jen says

I did just by these a couple of weeks ago at Walmart. The Walmart I went to had both the round ones and the ones with the dividers.

Thanks Jen!

Meredith from Penelope Loves Lists says

I love this! My son isn’t into Skylander (yet) but he has a million little characters of all kinds and this is a great way to store them.

Any ideas for clever Magna-Tiles storage would be appreciated, too. I know lots of moms are looking for the right storage container to fit 1, 2 or 3 sets of those.

Christina says

Do you know where you can still buy these types of containers?!

Comments