Menu Plan Monday ~ March 11/13 - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ March 11/13

MPM-Winter

I am soooo ready to replace that winter banner above with my spring one.  Unfortunately it’s not quite spring yet here.  It is warming up but we still have quite a bit of snow on the ground.  Thankfully with each week that passes we get a little bit closer to beautiful spring.  It really is one of my favorite seasons.  How about you?  Is spring in your air?

Recipe Highlight:

This recipe, that I made last week, for the Best Sloppy Joe’s Ever really are just that!  Oh my so good and easy peasy.  You’ve got to give it a try.

Best-Ever-Sloppy-Joes

Cookbook Challenge:

How many of you have a collection of cookbooks you’ve barely touched in the last year?  How many of you would struggle to get rid of any of them?  I rarely use cookbooks anymore, instead I prefer to scour the internet looking for delciousness.  I got rid of a whole pile last year because of it.  There was just no sense hanging on to them if I wasn’t using them.  Narelle, from Cook Clean Craft, has taken up the challenge to weed through her cookbook collection in 2013 by tossing any she hasn’t made 3 recipes from by the end of the year.  I wanted to let you all know about it in case you too wanted to take up the challenge and perhaps in the process either reclaim some space or gain some really yummy recipes to share with the rest of us :)  Check it out by clicking on the button below.

Cookbook-Challenge-Button

Question:  how many cookbooks do you think you own?

My Weekly Menu Plan:

Monday:  Quinoa Salad with Chickpeas, Fetas and Apples and Hawaiian Pita Pizzas

Tuesday:  Citrus Herb Chicken served with rice and broccoli

Wednesday:  Apple Cheddar Soup with Bacon

Thursday:  Leftover buffet

Friday:  Crockpot Brown & Maple Sugar Pork Tenderloin served with fries and corn

Saturday:  Spicy Sausage Pasta

Sunday:  Picking night!

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?  JOIN US!

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

Don’t forget to join the growing Menu Plan Monday Facebook Page!!

One of my favorite menu planning resources:

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

Comments

12 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ March 11/13”
    Miz Helen says:

Good Morning Laura,
    Your Sloppy Joe feature recipe does look really good. Hope you have a great week and thanks for hosting!
    Miz Helen

Oh MY! I’m that cookbook girl. I have cookbooks from the past 29 years. I always have hopes that I’ll use them. Yearly I take them out, look through them, realize I’ve NEVER made a recipe from them and put them right back on my very cramped shelf. Maybe this year will be different! :-D

I have dozens of cookbooks. Last summer I filled a box with some of the ones I don’t use. I put that box in storage and if I don’t open it by this summer it is leaving. I do have several cookbooks that I use regularly. Those remain on the shelf.

I love cookbooks! Recently wrote some posts about cookbooks and mentioned that people often don’t use them anymore since there are so many recipes available online! http://www.nutritioulicious.com/2013/01/americas-favorite-food-cookbook/

Jaime says:

I’m going to have to take the cookbook challenge myself. We have so many and I think we use one on a fairly regular basis!

I probably own 20 or so cookbooks. I really should get rid of the ones I never use. Have a great week!

ahahahahaha. As much as I love a good challenge, that’s one I won’t be able to take part in. I just can’t get rid of cookbooks. Nope nada, not going to happen! you know that space above the stove, most people have a cupboard there? Yes, it’s full, FULL, of all my cookbooks. nothing else fits up there. And I’ve even pared down from what I use to have.
    Ooo, Apple Cheddar soup sounds delicious!

Sheila V. says:

I have more than 5 cookbooks (but less than 10, I think) and have 2 loose binders where I keep my printouts and handwritten recipes. What I’m doing lately is to peruse my cookbooks when I make my weekly menu plans. My goal is to cook my way through all of them. If a recipe calls for ingredients that I don’t usually keep in my pantry, I make substitutions. I resist the temptation to buy another cookbook. And I even try not to print any more recipes from websites since I don’t want my binders to overflow as well. I usually print the recipes because I prefer to read it on paper and I also don’t want to have my laptop on the kitchen counter when I cook.

Carol says:

I have over 20 cookbooks, several binders, folders, sticky notes, etc. And in the past year I have been using Ziplist and Pinterest for new recipes. Just this weekend I decided to start looking at my recipe binders and throw out any recipes I haven’t tried or used in the last couple of years. I admit it, I am a RECIPEHOLIC. I love to look for new recipes and with blogs and Pinterest, there are always new recipes. I need to step away from the computer and look through my cookbooks that I so fondly used many years ago. I know I can get rid of one or two, maybe.

Kari says:

I have probably upwards of 30 cookbooks. I started collecting them when I got married and then I added on by buying a cookbook when I travel. I love to buy cookbooks to remind me of places I’ve been! I haven’t cooked recipes out of all of them, but I don’t know if this is my year to start getting rid of them! :-P

Dee says:

I love my cookbooks, I read them like novels!

Thanks for featuring my challenge, Laura! I have 45 cookbooks (I think!) to get through. I’m with Dee and love “reading” them. Then they go on the shelf, never to be touched again. I’m hoping to clear a bit of clutter as well as find some great recipes. The challenge is also helping me menu plan too!

Comments