Menu Plan Monday ~ Feb 4/13

MPM-Winter

Hi friends, I’m sorry this is going to be short and sweet but I’m down with the flu.  I handed my family a Taste of Home cookbook and asked them to please pick out five meals for us to try this week.  I think they did a great job and I’m so happy for their help.  All recipes were taken from this soft cover cookbook:

5 ingredient recipes

Also I just wanted to send you over to my Facebook page where I asked readers to share their favorite food blogs.  What an excellent list is going there and many sites I have never even heard of and can’t wait to check out.  Thanks everyone!

If you are looking for a new menu planner to post your meals where everyone can see them, here is another free menu planner printable I found online for you to use.

My favorite meal from last week was the Slow-Cooker Chili.  So easy to throw together and delicious!

slow cooked chili

Have a great week everyone!

My Weekly Menu Plan:

Monday:  Oregano Roasting Chicken served with baked potatoes and corn

Tuesday:  Asian Beef & Noodles

Wednesday:  Veggie Tortellini Soup

Thursday:  Leftover buffet

Friday:  Creamy Sausage & Bow Ties

Saturday:  Simple Shepherd’s Pie

Sunday:  Picking night :)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?  JOIN US!

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

Don’t forget to join the growing Menu Plan Monday Facebook Page!!

One of my favorite menu planning resources:

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Comments

24 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ Feb 4/13

Marsha says

Hope you feel better soon! I think letting your family choose the meals and help prepare them is an excellent idea, even if you’re not ill. Let us know how it goes.

Cathy @ Chief Family Officer says

I had the flu a couple of weeks ago – ugh! Lots of fluid and rest is what got me through it. I hope you feel better very soon!

Miz Helen says

Your family did a great job with the menu. Hope you are feeling better soon, Laura.
    Thanks for hosting!
    Miz Helen

Jenn says

Thanks for hosting even though you are so sick. I hope you feel better soon! Here is my menu for this week:

Saturday – Veggie Plate: roasted potatoes, sweet and sour slaw, leftover lima beans, and leftover braised red cabbage

Sunday – Green Bean Yachni over egg noodles, sauteed kale

Monday – Black beans and brown rice, chips & salsa, sliced raw veggies

Tuesday – Italian Bean Soup, French bread, salad

Wednesday – Breakfast or Leftovers

Thursday – Pizza or Leftovers

Friday – Mexican food out for my birthday

Susan says

Hope you are feeling better soon!

April @ Angel's Homestead says

Sorry to hear your sick Laura. The flu and cold bugs have been making the rounds since November, I’m just now starting to get over my SECOND bout with it. It seems to hang on forever. Hopefully you recover quickly. Get well soon!

Tammy @skinny Mom's Kitchen says

So sorry to hear that you are sick Laura. My little one was sent home Friday with a fever and was sick all weekend :(

I linked up my menu plan which I am very excited about. This week I made a bunch of those mason jar salads for lunch. I really hope they turn out because that would be a HUGE time saver for me.

Feel better mama!

Tammy

Jamie at Prepared to Eat says

Thanks for hosting again, Laura. So sorry you are sick with the flu. :( Hope your family will pitch in with the cooking as well as the planning. :) Feel better soon.

Rachael @ Gratefully Nourished says

Thank you for hosting. I am excited to finally be able to participate and not just poke around at all the other menus! (Sorry you’re not feeling well).

Jami @ An Oregon Cottage says

Oh, shoot – so sorry you’ve got that awful flu, Laura! It’s really taken some of my family out. I hope you’re feeling better soon!

I’m happy to be able to link up again – I’ve decided to do monthly dinner menus now and see how that works. It’s a little more time at the beginning, but then I don’t have to think about it again the whole month. Of course, now I just have to see if it will actually work around about week three… :)

Janet @ Frugal & Focused says

So sorry you’re sick! I hope you feel better soon. Your family picked out some delicious sounding dishes. I made Chili in the crock pot yesterday. It is so simple and tasty.

Erika Monroe-Williams says

Thanks for hosting such a wonderful party!! Hope you feel better soon! :) – Erika

Making Our Life Matter says

I am so excited! This is three weeks in a row that I have made a menu plan AND stuck to it! I love this blog hop!

Alli says

The flu sucks! I wish you a super speedy recovery! It looks like your family did a great job picking out some yummy meals for this week. Thanks so much for mentioning the meal planner, that really made my day!
    Feel better soon!!!
    Alli

Stephanie says

On the weeks where I’m feeling under the weather, most of my week reads “take-out” or breakfast for dinner. Hoping some real food helps you to feel better soon!

Kelly @ Dysfunctionally Functional says

Feel better soon, Laura! Thanks for hosting, despite being under the weather. :-)

I think it’s awesome that your family chipped in with the planning this week. I wish mine would do that more often.

Chris West @ Get Organised 123 says

Food planning is such an important part of our life now. It used to frustrate us every evening to try and think of something to feed everyone, and then the hassle of going to the shops to get ingredients. We used to eat late at night, and the kids would not get to bed until after 9pm.

Now, we use a chalkboard on one of the doors (we painted the entire door with blackboard paint) and everybody gets to be part of the weekly planning. Not only do we plan our meals, we put odd jobs and focus points for the week up there too. it’s become a real hub for our whole family. And we know what we’re eating days in advance now!

I think I might be turning into an organisaiton junkie too :P

Chris West
    Getorganised123.com

Tiffany @ DontWastetheCrumbs says

Thanks for hosting! I shared a recipe for those who are novice bean makers, and who are trying to turn their family bean-haters into bean-lovers – Tortilla Soup. Two types of beans, lots of veggies and with a few additions makes a wonderful meal for company!

Jean says

I hope you feel better! I hope your family takes good care of you and cooks some of the dishes they picked out as well. Thanks for hosting despite being sick.

Robyn says

They did a great job. The menu looks delicious!! I hope you get to feeling better soon. The flu makes you feel just awful…

Robyn