Menu Plan Monday ~ Jan 28/13 - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ Jan 28/13

MPM-Winter

Is anyone else as surprised as I am that here we are at the end of January already?  Yikes!

So none of the recipes I picked really blew me away last week.  It was just an okay week.  So I’m hoping I pick some great recipes this week.  I think I’ll add a couple of slow cooker meals.  I love preparing meals earlier in the day when I have more energy :)

I’m not sure if you saw the guest post I put up last week but I think you’ll find it super helpful for how to shop your kitchen to plan your meals.  Jessica also shared links to these yummy dishes:

Creamy Chicken Pasta with Spinach and Tomatoes

Tuesday:  Crockpot Ham & Potato Soup served with homemade tea biscuits

Wednesday:  Slow Cooker Chili served with Bread Machine Garlic Bread

Thursday:  Leftover buffet

Friday:  Coconut Chicken served with perogies and broccoli

Saturday:  Breakfast for dinner ~ Healthy Oatmeal Pancakes

Sunday:  Picking night!

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?  JOIN US!

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

Don’t forget to join the growing Menu Plan Monday Facebook Page!!

One of my favorite menu planning resources:

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

Comments

21 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ Jan 28/13”

The jalapeno chili loks wonderful!

Thanks for hosting Laura :)

Sinea Pies says:

Thank you so much for Menu Plan Monday linky party. Not only is it a blessing to be able to share our posts and visit other’s, it encourages planning! :)

Thank you so much for hosting! It’s wonderful!!

Kerry says:

Anyone else have issues getting the linky to work? I have never had an issue before and I tried on another site without an issue. But I cannot get it to work here, even after 6 tries! Very strange!!
    Here is the link for me…. http://www.countrylivingonahill.com/2013/01/weekly-menu-for-monday-january-28-2013.html

Dawn says:

Thank you for hosting. I look forward to trying new ideas next week.

Thanks for letting us all share and expand our recipe “boxes”. That Creamy Chicken Pasta looks like something my family would like.

I’m definitely surprised at how fast January went. In fact, I looked at the calendar yesterday and said “Oh man, Friday is February??” And my 3 yo daughter asked if a hug would make me feel better! (It did.) lol

That chili looks really good – especially for a cold night! Love the oatmeal pancake recipe too. Happy end-of January!

Jenn says:

Thanks for hosting. I love looking at everyone’s menus for inspiration. Here’s what we are having this week:

Sunday – Veggie plate: lima beans, braised red cabbage, roasted spaghetti squash with garlic and herbs, corn on the cob

Monday – Potato & herb frittata, sauteed kale, tomato & cucumber salad

Tuesday – Veggie & tofu stir-fry over brown rice, salad

Wednesday – Veggie plate: roasted brussel sprouts, roasted beets, sauteed spinach, white beans

Thursday – Leftovers

Friday – Margarita pizza, salad

Sat – Leftovers

Your menu looks delicious! I pinned the ham & potato soup. It looks perfect for a busy winter day. Thanks for hosting!

Yum! I love ham and potato soup! Have a terrific week!

Thanks for hosting such a wonderful party!! So many wonderful ideas!! :) – Erika

Alexa says:

Wow, this is a great resource for those of us that lack the gene of meal planning!!

Toddling Mad says:

Thank you for hosting this I get inspired to vary my meal plan linking up each week.

Heather says:

Thank you for hosting! I love getting ideas from other menus! :)

Sheila V. says:

Do you rotate your menu plans or do you always cook new recipes every day? I have a lot of saved recipes and cookbooks. I wanted to cook my way through all of them but I always ended up cooking the same things. I find it hard to put recipes together to form the menu for the week. This week I was in a rut coming up with my menu plan.

Jean says:

I have chili on my plan for this week as well. I’d love to add some jalapenos to it but then the rest of my family would not eat it. I was also a bit shocked to see that Friday is the 1st day of February!

I love reading your menu every week and visiting other people’s menus as well. This week I was inspired to try a new recipe for quinoa stuffed bell peppers.

Cari @ Reach For The Star Berries
    Reach For The Star Berries

Debra says:

Thank you for hosting! I love to get new menu ideas.

Comments