Menu Plan Monday ~ Dec 31/12 Happy New Year!!

happy new year 2013

Hi friends, can you believe it’s December 31st?  Tomorrow starts a brand new year and people will be setting goals galore.  How many of my readers would like to make menu planning a priority in 2013?  It’s totally possible.  How do I know?  Because I’m living proof!  Seven years ago I couldn’t cook at all.  Most of my meals consisted of ones that came straight from the freezer and into the oven or microwave.  We also ate out a lot which certainly didn’t help the bank account.  I would literally stand at the freezer or fridge every day after work tired and hungry, with kids melting down around me, staring and hoping something would magically jump out and prepare itself.  Of course it didn’t happen but I can tell you that having a menu plan in place is the next best thing.  No longer do I feel frazzled or panicked when it comes to dinner time.  I still don’t enjoy being in the kitchen but with a menu plan I can get in and get out and nobody gets hurt :)  You have heard me say it before but I’ll say it again.  Menu planning changed my life…for the better.  I would be LOST without it today.  It keeps me sane and my family fed.  I want everyone to experience this and that’s why I’m so passionate about getting the word out.

If you are thinking about giving it a try, may I recommend starting small.  Maybe start with three days a week and move up from there.  Goals that start off too big tend to overwhelm and go unaccomplished.  Take it small and experience the difference having a menu plan prepared in advance can make in your life.  I’m here to help.  Got menu planning questions, drop me a line in the comments.  You can do this!!

Menu Planning Helpers:

Find many helpful menu planning resources including many printables on my Menu Planning Pinterest Board.

Recipes:

Check out this Countdown to 2013 by clicking on the button below:

recipe countdown

Recipe Indexes (I need your help!):

Back in 2011 I pulled together an AMAZING collection of recipe indexes from around the internet.  However because I used a different linky that is now no longer around, my entire list is gone, vanished.  It makes me sad because it was such an excellent resource.  BUT with your help we can recreate it to be bigger and better than ever.  If you have a recipe index on your blog will you please go to this Recipe Index Round-Up post and add it to the list.  It’s going to be awesome and I will be heavily promoting it so don’t miss out on getting yours included in the collection.  Thanks everyone!

recipe index roundup

Giveaway Winner:

Last week’s winner of the four soft-cover Taste of Home cookbooks was Charla at Healthy Home blog.  I sent you an email Charla and am just waiting to hear back from you :)

Fun New Year’s Printables:

We’ve got a terrific night planned with out kids and here are a couple of free printables that we’ll be using to make it even more fun and special.  I thought you might like them as well.

Free New Years Chalkboard Printables ~ The 36th Avenue

Free New Years Party Printables ~ Tatertots & Jello

New Years Resolution Printables ~ One Charming Party

Happy New Year everyone!!

My Weekly Menu:

My kids are off school for another week so it’s going to be a week of easy family favorites!!

Monday:  Dinner out :)

Tuesday:  Happy New Year!  Quick Homemade Pizza

Wednesday:  Grilled Cheeseburger Wraps

Thursday:  Leftover buffet

Friday:  Creamy Caesar Chicken Pasta Bake

Saturday:  Bacon Tomato Bagel Melts served with spinach salad

Sunday:  YOYO (you’re on your own!)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?  JOIN US!

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

Don’t forget to join the growing Menu Plan Monday Facebook Page!!

One of my favorite menu planning resources:

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

Sorry I guess there is a glitch with the new WP and scheduling inlinkz in advance.

The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Comments

31 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ Dec 31/12 Happy New Year!!

Angela says

Hi! The linky seems to be missing… Can’t wait to link up. Thanks for hosting this every week!

Diane Balch says

Hi Laura,
    I agree Menu Planning has saved me so much time and money. I can’t wait until the linky is up too… happy New Year.

Karen says

Here is my menu plan for Cooking with Pizzazz

Susieqtpies says

Woot! Just as I posted that your linky is going! Again, thanks and Happy New year!

• 10.1.1

Apparently there is a bug in the system with the new WP and inlinkz…it won’t work with scheduled posts. Arggggg.

Miz Helen says

Hi Laura,
    Thanks for inspiring and hosting us every week this past year. Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year!
    Miz Helen

SnoWhite @ Finding Joy in My Kitchen says

What a bummer to have that recipe list gone! I added mine; can’t wait to see the others — it was a great resource.

Thanks for sharing the countdown too. I’ve been amazed at how many amazing recipes from more than 25 bloggers are all in one spot!

Your week looks delicious as well; I’ve been meaning to try the cheeseburger wraps myself!

Happy New Year, Laura!

Thanks so much and thanks for all the recipe links :)

Kirsten says

I have to tell a funny story about “YOYO” and my 8 year old son. The last time I told him it was a YOYO night, he said “I’ll show you what’s a YOYO!” and stormed out of the room. A few minutes later, he came back with a real yo-yo! Too cute but wow is that going to give me some trouble in a few years!

Carli says

I haven’t linked up in years, my blog even went by a different name then, but I’m excited to be part of this community agsin and keep on track in 2013. Thsnks for all the resources!

Alissa says

Meal Planning is going to be top on my 2013 to do list! We are going to be starting a new diet lifestyle mid January and this will help to keep us on track.

Janet @ Frugal & Focused says

My family would exist of sandwiches and cereal if I didn’t menu plan. It’s such a huge help to me. Happy New Year!

LB says

I want to thank you for this linky – my hard drive crashed a few weeks ago, and while I had last saved to my external drive in May, I haven;t saved my bookmarks in well over a year so I lost sooooo many recipes. But i was able to go through some past linkys and get some recipes back. Was great to have so many recipes in one spot!

And it helps me to menu plan each week having some place to link up to!

Lisa @ CheapThrillsInOmaha says

Bacon Tomato Bagel Melts sound won.der.ful! Happy New Year to you, and THANKS for Menu Plan Monday every week. :D

Kari says

Thanks for hosting such a wonderful resource Laura! With prices for everything going up menu planning is going to become essential for our family of 7. Excited to get back on the bandwagon in 2013!

Sinea says

Happy New Year, Laura! May God bless you and your family abundantly in 2013. It’s going to be a great year.

Comments