Menu Plan Monday ~ Dec 10/12 ~ Christmas Treats

Hi friends, I’m hoping you all had a great weekend.  How many of you knock yourselves out doing Christmas baking?  I’m not much of a baker on the best of days so my strategy is not to get too carried away with too many recipes.  And I try to stick with REALLY easy recipes each year to keep the flub factor to a minimum.  Remember the cake pops disaster of last year?  You’d think I’d just stick with tried and true recipes considering my failure rate but nope I never learn my lesson apparently lol.

So here’s some recipes that look pretty easy that I’m considering for this year:

Merry Christmas Pretzels

Candy Cane Kissed Cookies

Hot Cocoa Cookies

Chocolate Covered Pretzels with Crushed Candy Canes

Plus there are many fun recipes collected in these posts:

Twenty Five Christmas Candy Recipes

50 Delicious Cookies for Santa

I keep my recipes organized using this simple Holiday Baking List printable I created below.  I keep it along with the printed recipes in my Christmas Planner.

You are welcome to print and use it yourself if you’d like.

What treats are you baking?

Have a wonderful week, don’t forget to slow down to watch some cheesy Christmas movies!! :)

My Weekly Menu:

Monday:  Cheesy Beef Burritos

Tuesday:  40 Clove Garlic Chicken (family favorite!) served with mashed potatoes and broccoli

Wednesday:  Italian Beef Sandwiches

Thursday:  Leftover buffet

Friday:  Quick & Easy Homemade Pizza

Saturday:  Creamy Brown Butter & Ham Baked Pasta

Sunday:  YOYO (you’re on your own!)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?  JOIN US!

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

Don’t forget to join the growing Menu Plan Monday Facebook Page!!

One of my favorite menu planning resources:

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

Comments

19 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ Dec 10/12 ~ Christmas Treats

Rita says

The pictures always do the menu justice! Have a wonderful week.

Lindsay says

I need to come up with a good treat for our ladies ornament exchange at church and those little candy cane kissed cookies look perfect!

Tammy @ Skinny Moms Kitchen says

I love chocolate covered pretzels and those look fantastic! I do like to bake but it seems I am always running out of time this time of year so chocolate pretzels seem perfect.

I posted my menu plan which includes pictures (and links to recipes) from my HUGE freezer cooking day yesterday. I love having a freezer full of meals but the bad thing is I can barely walk today :)

Have a great week Laura!

Kate @ Teaching What Is Good says

I always try 1 new recipe…sometimes it’s a hit, sometimes it’s a flop. I make chocolate covered pretzels every year but never thought to try the colored sugars or icing. We usually add crushed nuts to the chocolate ones. I’m going to give mine a little more flare this year!

Jami @ An Oregon Cottage says

Good morning, Laura! It’s baking week at our house, too. :) We’ll be making some of these tried-and-true favorites:

Though they all aren’t as easy as dipping pretzels (which I love, but my husband doesn’t…), they’re still pretty simple – I like to do a lot of bar cookies to cut down on he time factor.

Have a fun week :)

Kelly @ Dysfunctionally Functional says

Your menu looks great this week, Laura! I can’t wait to try the Creamy Brown Butter and Ham Baked Pasta. :-)

I think I may give those Hot Cocoa Cookies a whirl, too! They look fabulous!

Have a great week!

Jean says

All those treats look so good! I’m hoping to maybe just make some cookie dough this week so I have it ready for baking next week.

Alex Dumpfree says

Looks good! This is the season to satisfy our sweet tooth. I have collected the recipe for Christmas Dessert

Lindsey @ If I had a million hours... says

I’m SO EXCITED you’re going to be trying the Creamy Brown Butter & Ham Pasta – its delicious!! Thanks for sharing with your readers:)

Blue Skies & Blessings, Lindsey

Ali says

Thank you so much for including my Candy Cane Kisses cookies. They really are delicious and you can swap out a different flavor of kiss chocolates if you prefer, or even just skip the chocolate if you don’t have any on hand and just the cookie itself rolled around in the colored sugar is pretty and really tasty :) I am off to check out all of these awesome links. Have a great week.

Kelli @ 3 Boys and a Dog says

HOly Cow, the Hot Cocoa Cookies look like they are to die for! Crud.. just what I need… more sugar. ;-)

Comments