Menu Plan Monday ~ Nov 5/12

Hello!  I missed you all last week but I have to give a big shout out to my daughter for filling the gap for me.  I was so proud of her and I think she really enjoyed herself as well.  Thank you to those of you who took a couple of minutes to leave a comment for her, she had fun reading them.  She even cooked two of the planned meals entirely by herself as well which was even more of a treat for me.  Typically she is my sous chef in the kitchen and isn’t totally thrilled when I ask her to make something on her own.  But what a difference actually planning the menu makes.  She was excited to cook this week because she was using recipes she’d picked out.  Score!  Both meals turned out great too, the Ginger Veggie Stir-Fry (and yes I ate all my veggies!) and the Pork Schnitzel.

The Pork Schnitzel isn’t a recipe I ever would have chosen myself to make because it seemed like all sorts of work to me.  It required 3 bowls and standing at the stove…forget about it.  But my daughter didn’t seem to mind at all.

It was really delicious especially with the dill sauce on top…yum!  Even my picky 6 year old gobbled it up :)

One thing I’ve always done is have my kids help in the kitchen.  Cutting veggies, stirring, grating cheese, you name it.  I know it’s way more work at the time but I’m here to tell you that eventually all that training pays off.  Don’t give up!!

Thanksgiving Dinner Resource:

Many of you are probably gearing up to host Thanksgiving dinner.  Taste of Home has an excellent Thanksgiving Guide with many recipes and tips on their site that you might find helpful.  Again no affiliation, I just love em :)

My Weekly Menu Plan:

Monday:  Rotisserie Chicken Casserole

Tuesday:  Beef & Bean Taco Casserole

Wednesday:  Italian Sausage & Potato Roast (family favorite)

Thursday:  Leftover buffet

Friday:  Tropical Dinner Potluck Party:  I’ll be making Tropical Guacamole and Easy Tropical Mandarin Chicken

Saturday:  Breakfast for dinner:  Whole-Grain Cheddar Cheese Pancakes

Sunday:  YOYO (you’re on your own!)

Have a great week everyone!

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?  JOIN US!

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

One of my favorite menu planning resources:

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Comments

15 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ Nov 5/12

Tirabaralla says

Thank you for hosting and…those pork schnitzel, yummmm!
    Gonna browse :)

Cherry says

Appreciate your endorsement of the Plan to Eat menu planning tool – I just finished up my free 30-day trial and purchased it for the next year. Really love it! And wrote about it in the post I linked up (#90).

Jami @ An Oregon Cottage says

Congratulations! I know how wonderful that feels to have a daughter plan and execute a meal. :) And her pork meal looks healthy and delicious – good for her!

It’s so nice to be linking up again after taking October off for the 31 Days challenge – it’s like all is right with my world again. :)

Becca says

Cheddar cheese pancakes sound so good :)

Susanne says

Your daughter’s Pork Schnitzel is making my mouth water. Brings back childhood memories of what mom used to cook for us!

Heather says

Your daughter did a great job on the Pork Schnitzel. It looks great. You should definitely put it into your menu rotation – with her making it, of course. :)
    FYI: I check out the Taste of Home site, and it looks like they’re going a giveaway for a KitchenAid mixer right now, too!

Liz Fourez says

Hi Laura! I’m so excited my Taco Casserole made it onto your weekly menu! You’ll have to let me know what you think : )

Love Always,
    Liz

Janet @ Frugal & Focused says

Well done to your daughter! Looks like she did a great job. My girls made pancakes all by themselves this weekend for the first time. I love seeing them become more independent in the kitchen.

Melanie says

How old were your kids when you started letting them help with supper prep and what tasks did uou get them doing when they were younger?

Julie @ Just Playin Around says

That Italian sausage and potato roast sounds so good! We get a lot of sausage from our meat CSA so I’m definitely going to try that recipe – maybe even next week!

Becki says

My husband makes pork schnitzel for us – yummy!

Sinea says

Now this pork dish is a new one to me. Sounds like an adventure!

Comments