Menu Plan Monday ~ Nov 19/12

Hello friends and a happy Thanksgiving week to all my US neighbors!  I hope you enjoy your holiday and all the delicious food that seems to come with it.  Can’t wait to see what you’ll all be dishing up :)

For those that might not have caught it, I wrote a post last week that you might find helpful called Holiday Menu Planning 101.  Plus there you can pick up my free Holiday Menu Planner printable as well.  The week of a big holiday is when you need to menu plan more than ever, don’t be tempted to skip it!

Last week I also posted a delicious recipe for Candy Cane Cheesecake.  Go check it out, it’s so good!!  I’ve got one sitting in my freezer right now and it’s driving my daughter crazy, she wants to eat it so bad :)

How to Meal Plan Resource:

For those new to menu planning or even for those just struggling to figure it all out, I’ve got a fantastic new resource to tell you about today.  This How to Meal Plan, A Step by Step Guide for Busy Moms ebook is written by Crystal VanTassel, a long time Menu Plan Monday participant, and is a great ebook to help you get dinner on the table every night.  Of course it won’t actually prepare your meals for you but it does provide tips, recipes and printables to get you going. I honestly think menu planning is one of the first places to start on your organizational journey but I know it’s not easy for everyone to implement.  Whether you are a menu planner newbie or simply need a menu plan refresher, this ebook can help!

Right now it’s available at the introductory launch price of $4.99, one dollar off the regular price.  Simply use the code LAUNCH at checkout to get the discounted rate.  This coupon code is good until the end of November.  Click on the banner below to purchase.

My Weekly Menu Plan:

Monday:  Honey Garlic Chicken served with baked potatoes and broccoli

Tuesday:  Slow Cooker Chili served with bread machine Flavorful Herb Bread

Wednesday:  Monterey Sausage Pie

Thursday:  My youngest turns 7 today!  His pick is to order out pizza. Nice!  For dessert, he requests and I quote “a chocolate cake with sprinkles that spell out my name with an exclamation mark at the end like you’re yelling”.  Alrighty then, I’ll see what I can do :)

Friday:  Leftover buffet

Saturday:  Slow Cooker Beef Teriyaki with Pineapple served over rice

Sunday:  YOYO (you’re on your own!)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?  JOIN US!

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

Don’t forget to join the growing Menu Plan Monday Facebook Page!!

One of my favorite menu planning resources:

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Comments

14 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ Nov 19/12

Rita says

That cheesecake sure looks good! Have a wonderful week!

Heather @Celiac Family says

Happy birthday to your son. I love that he knows what he wants — sprinkles, exclamation point and all! :)

Tiffany says

Thanks for linking to my Teriyaki Beef recipe. Happy birthday to your son!

Susanne says

The honey garlic chicken recipe looks yummy. It might just make my menu this week too! Happy Birthday to your youngest!

Headant says

Candy cane. Cheesecake. I must try this for my daughter who ate all of my candy cane sugar cookies

Laurie says

Would love to see a picture of that birthday cake!

Julia says

As an American newly settled in Canada, I’m excited that I get to enjoy Thanksgiving again this week. Have you ever cooked duck? It’s about the same price as chicken in our area. Love it!

Becca says

What a cute kid you have! I dont think I have ever heard of anyone requesting an exclamation mark! I am hoping to have a quesadilla tonight which I failed to have last week!

Tammy @ Skinny Mom's Kitchen says

Happy birthday!

This week’s menu plan is going to be easy peasy especially with thanksgiving this week. I also got a site makeover this week – would love for you to check it out Laura – and anyone else of course.

Crystal & Co says

Your son sounds like one of my boys. Happy Birthday to him!!!!

Thanks for sharing my eBook with your readers.

Jean says

Thank you for hosting and Happy Birthday to your son! I had to go check out that honey garlic chicken recipe. Seeing it reminded me I had some chicken thighs in the freezer that probably should be used very soon.

Stephanie says

I am so thankful for this site, and especially for Menu Plan Monday! I am 10wks pregnant, and in an effort to regain something that resembles normal, I am starting to menu plan again. I was doing so well until about 2mos ago, when for obvious reasons thoughts of food were extremely far from my mind. Now, I’m back and looking forward to checking out everyone’s weekly menus and sharing mine as well.

Comments