Menu Plan Monday ~ August 20/12

Hi friends, doesn’t that picture just say summer to you?  For some strange reason I’ve never made a fruit salad before this past week.  What’s up with that??  And now after making the first one I can’t stop making them.  They are so good!  The first recipe I used (don’t laugh that I needed a recipe for fruit salad!) was this one for Summer Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette.  It was really good but tart so it just depends on what you’re in the mood for.  The second fruit salad (pictured above) was Fruit Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing.  I liked this one even more because it was just a little on the sweeter side with just a hint of tartness.  Do you have a favorite fruit salad recipe?

Recipe Highlight:

Also I want to highlight the recipe I posted yesterday from Jami at An Oregon Cottage for Easy Grilled Vegetables.  Be sure to check it out, yum!

Also the Greek Yogurt Pancakes we had this weekend were amazing!!

Menu Plan Resource:

5 Tips for Creating Healthy Back-to-School Meal Plans ~ @ Momables

My Weekly Menu Plan:

Monday:  Roasted Tomato BLT served with green salad

Tuesday:  Parmesan-Oregano Pork Chops served with rice and broccoli

Wednesday:  Chicken-Pesto Alfredo

Thursday:  Leftover buffet

Friday:  Slow-Cooker Pizza Pasta

Saturday:  Slow Cooker Saucy Chicken Thighs served with perogies and corn

Sunday:  YOYO (you’re on your own)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?  JOIN US!

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

One of my favorite menu planning resources:

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Comments

21 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ August 20/12

Susieqtpies says

Thanks for the weekly link up!! It is always my first stop every Monday!

Lynn says

We love fruit salad. It is great because you can really just put in whatever fruit you have on hand or that is in season. The pork chops you have on the plan sound so good. I hope you have a great week!

Rita says

The fruit looks so delicious. Healthy option yet tasty too! Thanks for hosting this each week. You are a blessing to so many.

SnoWhite @ Finding Joy in My Kitchen says

We made those roasted veggies last night and they were fabulous!!! I saw them on your blog this weekend and knew we had to make them. We used green beans, sweet onion, mushrooms, zucchini and summer squash, bell pepper, broccoli and potatoes. Delish!!

I hope you enjoy the roasted tomato BLT — I can’t get enough of them. I’m off to check out these menus; they provide such inspiration to me for ideas, and to keep plugging away menu planning. Thanks for hosting.

Making Our Life Matter says

The fruit salad looks so delicious! My MPM is on hiatus until after baseball season is done in October, but I still love reading everyone else’s!

Miz Helen says

Good Morning Laura,
    Your menu for the week and those Pork Chops sound really good. Hope you have a great week and thanks for hosting!
    Miz Helen

Teresa says

I don’t really have a favorite fruit salad recipe, but seeing yours makes me realize that I really should plan more fruits into my meals. Hope you have an excellent week!

Jami @ An Oregon Cottage says

Thanks so much for featuring my grilled vegetable recipe, Laura!

I make a super- easy “creamy pesto pasta” dish that I’ve been inspired to add chicken and tomatoes to from the link in your menu – looks like a great way to make it a one-dish meal!

Rachel @Organic Patchwork says

That fruit salad looks yummy! I would probably use a recipe, too, since I’ve never made a fruit salad either.

Amy @ Puppytufts says

We love pierogies and are lucky enough to have a little European Deli not far away where you can buy them handmade. Oh So Good! Thanks for hosting.

Grisel says

That fruit salad looks really good!! I’m always looking for good fruit salad recipes-lol!

Millie says

Our fruit salads tend to be very ‘thrown together’. Whatever fruit we have cut into bite sized pieces and then topped with lemon juice. We like to make a large bowl of it to keep in the fridge to have for several days. Sometimes when it is time to serve we’ll add balsamic vingear to the individual serving. I love the flavor the vinegar gives!

I haven’t shared a menu plan here for a super long time but with back to school it seemed time to share. :-) I enjoy checking out the submissions. http://realfoodforlessmoney.com/menu-week-of-august-19-back-to-school/

Bobbi Sue says

I made the Fruit salad with honey lime dressing yesterday for desert…..RAVE reviews from the family dinner and even requests for the recipe!

Hayley says

Yum! I think we are going to have to try the pork chop recipe!

Hayley
    hayleysworld.com

Queen of the House says

That beautiful picture of fruit makes me hungry!
    Thanks for the link up! :)

Heather says

Oh my gosh! That fruit salad look so refreshing! :D

Laura @MOMables @SuperGlueMom says

Thank you so much for featuring our post by Kelly! MOMables was lucky to have her guest post since she is fantastic at meal planing!!
    the fruit salad looks amazing.
    thank you!

Mackenzie says

Thanks for featuring our Parmesan-Oregano Pork Chops, hope you enjoy them as much as we do! :)
    Mackenzie
    cheeriosandlattes.com

Amy Allen Clark says

Oh, that sounds delicious! I love tart and I love a fruit salad :) Yum!!!

Comments