Menu Plan Monday ~ March 5/12

Hi everyone, how are you?  I think I have answered all the menu planning stumbling block questions that were asked of me.  If you still have an area where you keep getting stuck make sure to tell me about it in the comments and I’ll see if I can help you in some way.

Yesterday my husband and I celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary.  We pulled out the wedding pictures for my youngest who really wanted to check out mommy and daddy’s love day (I’d show you but I’m too lazy to scan them in, such a bad blogger!) and he got such a kick out of them.  We got married on the island of Maui and it was absolutely heavenly.  I so want to do it again!!  Hopefully one of these days we’ll get back there :)

credit: dansay

This weekend I’m off to Edmonton for the Blog West 2012 conference.  I’ll be rooming with my online turned real life friend, Angie from Echoes of Laughter.  It’s been awhile since I’ve been able to chat for hours on end with a girlfriend who understands this blogging business.  I can’t wait to bounce ideas around and be inspired.

Have a wonderful week everyone!

My Weekly Menu Plan:

Monday:  Bubble Up Enchiladas

Tuesday:  Baked Pesto Chicken (thanks to Alicia’s Homemaking for the link) served with baked potatoes and corn

Wednesday:  Chicken Tortellini Alfredo (using up leftover chicken)

Thursday:  Quick and easy Pepperoni Pizza Pitas

Friday:  Pork Stir Fry

Saturday:  Dinner out!

Sunday:  YOYO (you’re on your own!)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Comments

35 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ March 5/12

Rita says

Such a warm looking photo. We got dumped with 24 inches of snow on Friday night, followed with 45 mph winds Saturday. This morning I got up and it was -10 degrees F. (northern Michigan) YUCK! Enjoy your conference!

Miz Helen says

Good Morning Laura,
    Have fun at the conference and thanks for hosting!
    Miz Helen

Nony (A Slob Comes Clean) says

Gorgeous photo! I’ve figured out that it’s easier to take a picture of my old non-digital photos instead of scanning them! It works well with my DSLR that I can manually focus.

Saved me tons of time when creating an album for my Father in Law of his old photos.

That’s a good idea, why didn’t I think of that???

Tiffany says

Have a great time at the blog conference!

Mindi says

Happy belated wedding anniversary!!! :) I bet it was a lot of fun to share your photos with your kids.

Sharon says

Happy Belated Anniversary! Congrats on 17 years. :) Maui…gorgeous. We spent our honeymoon in Hawaii (Maui and Kauai). I want to go back one day!
    Have a great day. :)

We honeymooned in Kauai too!! But Maui was my favorite :)

Queen of the House says

Your menu always sounds so yummy…can my family and I just come to your house for dinner! LOL!
    Happy Anniversary! :)

Heather says

Happy Anniversary! Maui in March sounds fabulous.

Carrie @ My Favorite Finds says

Thank you so much for this every week. Happy Anniversary, too. We just celebrated 12 years last week!

Happy anniversary Carrie!!

Tammy @ Skinny Mom's Kitchen says

happy anniversary!! Hubs and I are going out to nice dinner this weekend and I can’t wait.

Do you have link where you answered all the menu planning stumbling block questions? I think I missed that. Life has been very busy these last couple weeks so I have been out of the loop.

I posted my menu plan for the week. It includes make ahead and freezer cooking instructions for all of it. I hope some find it helpful.

Have a good week.

~ Tammy @ Skinny Mom’s Kitchen

No I don’t have one link but I like that idea so will try and figure that out. Thanks Tammy!!

Marishannon says

Happy Anniversary! I love the bubble up enchilada idea. I’m definitely going to be making that soon!

Dani says

What a pretty picture! I was lucky enough to go to Maui for a friend’s wedding about 2 years ago, and it is by far the most beautiful place I’ve ever been to. And so romantic! Thank you for hosting Menu Planning Monday and Happy Anniversary!

Janet says

Happy Anniversary! The menu sounds delicious. Wishing you safe travels this weekend.

Tammy says

Happy Anniversary!

March 4th – Salad & crudités served
    S – Grilled chicken, carrots, fettuccine, rolls
    M – Spinach and cheese ravioli with marinara sauce or chili or spaghetti?
    T – Southwestern chicken wraps (leftover chicken, spinach, black beans, avocado, tomato, red onion)
    W – Shrimp Scampi
    Th – Sweet and sour chicken tenders with pineapple & bell pepper
    F – Family in town – TBD
    S – out (while parents watch the kiddos!)

Betsy @ Romance on a Dime says

Thanks for hosting!! Congrats on your anniversary.

I tried to go through the steps to post my picture as well as the link, but for some reason it didn’t work. I’m unable to delete my link. Can you delete #163? Then, I’ll repost it.

No problem Betsy.

Marcia @ Organising Queen says

Congratulations to both of you – how wonderful. I’d love to hear the story about how you decided on Maui and what the family thought, etc, etc :)

I now remember when we first started blogging how we both celebrated our 12 year anniversaries – in the good old days of that organisingtips blog on blogger and you with that lime-green background with the bookcase :)

Hi Marcia, those were the days weren’t they? Gosh I wish I kept a copy of that blog design, it sure was loud!!

I’m not sure how we decided on Maui for our wedding but to this day I still think it’s the most beautiful place on earth. It was absolutely magical. We had 16 family and friends come with us so it was perfect.

Also I wanted to say thank you so much for sending me such a lovely note. You are so thoughtful!

Julia says

I’m a fan of Alicia’s Homemaking too! I think I’ll have to figure a way to make that pesto chicken without dairy. It sounds so good!

L. says

I have no idea how to plan a menu. an u make basic instruction post?

Mrs. Wilson says

I so wish I was able to go to Blog West! I’ll have to go next year — when it’s not my first week “back to work”. :) Have a great time!!

Steph (The Cheapskate Cook) says

Happy Anniversary! and MAUI?!?! Sounds beautiful. Kinda disappointed you didn’t scan them in, but I totally understand, haha.

I linked up a post where I shared with week’s menu and talked about someone who doesn’t exist but who many of us try to emulate.

Thanks for hosting!

Susanne says

Happy Anniversary! I wanna see a pic too! ;v)

Thanks friend! Okay okay I’ll definitely show some pictures next week, I promise!!

Comments