Menu Plan Monday ~ March 12/12 - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ March 12/12

Happy menu planning day everyone! This past weekend I attended the BlogWest 2012 conference in Edmonton. It was very inspiring and I can’t wait to make some changes on this here blog as a result. I also got to spend time with the fabulous Angie from Echoes of Laughter. Here we are hanging together.

I also got to meet the gorgeous Sajida from Modern Mamas, and she told me she is one of my biggest fans! She was a hoot and we had such a great time together. She made me laugh so much especially at dinner when she kept saying “oh my gawd, I can’t believe I’m sitting beside Org Junkie!” Hahaha….I’m so happy we got to meet!!

Last week a couple of my girlfriends had birthdays. So I dug through my recipe folders to find a yummy recipe I could make as gifts. I have more baking disasters than successes so I found an easy sounding recipe and prayed for the best :) I made this Glazed Strawberry Banana Bread and while I probably should have cooked it longer, it didn’t turn out half bad.  It tasted delicious!

Finally a few of you ladies requested I show you some of my Hawaiian (Maui) wedding pictures after I copped out last week on my anniversary post.  So to keep my promise here are some pictures I took of our wedding pictures.  Remember this was 17 years ago…puffy sleeves and big hair were the thing to do, really they were :)

Check out all the lush greenery…amazing!  I promise it’s not fake.

Heaven on earth!

Please note:

I’ve noticed that some of you are linking up to recipes only rather than to a menu plan.  Please only link up if you are including a weekly menu plan in your post.  If anyone else sees this happening please don’t hesitate to let me know and I’ll delete the link.  Thank you!

My Weekly Menu:

Monday:  Taco-Corn Chili served with bread machine Garlic Parmesan Bread

Tuesday:  Baked Chicken Parmesan (from the blog of a lovely lady I met at conference) served with perogies and carrots

Wednesday:  Garlic Pork Tenderloin with Barbeque Sauce served with rice and broccoli

Thursday:  Leftover buffet

Friday:  Sausage & Cheddar Potatoes (with some chopped peppers added for veggie)

Saturday:  Dinner out!

Sunday:  YOYO (you’re on your own)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Guidelines, banner selections and recipe helpers are here.

More family favorite recipes here.

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

Comments

29 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ March 12/12”
    Beverly says:

That strawberry glazed bannana bread! Lovely pictures, especially the sunset one!

Thanks for hosting every week! I find some of my most favorite recipes here at your party! And I got married almost 16 years ago, the puffy sleeves….oh the puffy sleeves. Sigh. Have a great Monday!

I just wanted to say “thank you” for hosting this. My oven is broke. Broiler works and stove top works, but the oven itself won’t heat up. ?!? Weird. Anyway, I knew I could come browse through yours and your readers menu plans and piece together lots of ideas on what I can serve up for my family this week – even without an oven. :-) Thanks Laura!!

Thanks so much for sharing your wedding photos!! I love the sunset one… you two are so cute! Congrats again. Praying for many more years together.

Beautiful wedding photos! …and yes, getting married in 1992, I have quite the tall bangs! Haha, but it really WAS the thing back then! :D

Mindi says:

Love your wedding pictures. Old photos are the best.

If it weren’t for the fact that I remade my mother’s dress from 1960, my sleeves probably would’ve been puffy, too. :-) I lucked out (or “frugaled out” – whatever) and now everyone just thinks I looked elegant – no matter that I didn’t plan it, really. :-)

Oh, but I do have the large hair, though – circa 1988! My daughter laughs herself silly about my bangs and head piece with the “weird things hanging down the sides.” Here’s a picture if you’re curious:

No beautiful Hawaii backdrop (seriously, you were able to get married in HI? Lucky girl!), but similar era for sure. :-)

Tiffany says:

I love a blog conference that gives me inspiration for a list of to-dos! Sounds like you got a lot out of the conference you went to.

Love the wedding pictures married 17 years as well and had a similar dress!

I haven’t done a meal plan in months… I’m happy to be back at it and linking up! Thanks for the inspiration :)

sajida says:

LOL I know why you made that pic Black and white!!! LOL

It was great meeting you! I can’t believe Im in your blog!!! LOL so exciting! Can’t wait to try the yummy meals. You look gorgeous and hilarious in your wedding pics!! ( if you can be hillarious and gorgeous at the same time, I think you can! ) Big smooch!

Sajida

Laura says:

I just couldn’t leave the picture in color…my nose was bright red LOL. The lady who did my BIG hair did it in about 20 minutes. All she does all day long is wedding hair. She was fast but gosh was it big :)

Have a great week girlfriend!

Merry120 says:

Thanks so much for linking to my baked chicken Parmesan recipe. It was so nice to meet you this weekend at BlogWest! Also…love your wedding pictures! It reminds me of when I post pics from high school in Alabama because I ALWAYS have to add a “big hair” disclaimer.

What wonderful wedding photos!

The one — and only, really — thing that I feel I missed out on by quasi-eloping rather than having a “real” wedding is pictures. I really wish I had pictures from the day I got married. Yours are gorgeous, Laura!!

Have a great week, everyone!

Becky L. says:

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! Thanks for sharing your wedding photos. Now that I have a good scanner that’s attached to my printer I can scan my old wedding photos and share in Oct. Glad you had a good time at the blog fest, never been to one, thought about it but never would know what to do nor know anybody but sounds like fun. Have a good week!

Tara says:

Love seeing two bloggers that I enjoy hanging out together. Yay for Echoes of Laughter and OrgJunkie…awesome

Susanne says:

Love looking at wedding photos and yours are gorgeous, especially that last one in the sunset! Now I really want to go back to Hawaii!

Comments