Menu Plan Monday ~ Aug 8/11 - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ Aug 8/11

Hello my diligent menu making gals.  Can I just tell you how proud I am of all of you that are sticking it out here with me week after week even through the summer.  It’s not easy, trust me I know.  I’ve experienced many Sunday nights where I’m tried and cranky and just want to say forget about menu planning this week, I can wing it.  Only I don’t because I know now from experience that I am so appreciative for a plan later in the week when I’m even more tired and cranky especially at the witching hour.  You know the one I’m talking about :)  It’s not as bad in the summer when schedules are a little more lenient but at the same time I don’t want to be spending a lot of time in the kitchen either when there is fun to be had :)

Thank you God for menu planning! If there is one thing that has helped me the most on my simplifying journey, menu planning hands down is it.  I’d be so lost without it!

pasta basket

image credit: shutterstock

I was starting to get confused about which menu planning resources I’ve already shared with you in the past and which ones I hadn’t.  I was spending an awful lot of time looking back.  Thankfully Pinterest came to my rescue.  Now when I share my weekly menu planning resources with you here, I will also add them to my Pinterest as well.   That way you’ll be able to find a great visual listing of fun menu planning helpers all in one place.  Hope that helps!

This week’s menu planning resources:

Thrifty DIY Menu Board ~ @ Not Just Decorating

Menu Planner Book Tutorial ~ @ Fabric Family Fun

Flip Recipe Organizer Tutorial ~ @ Positively Splendid

My weekly menu:

Monday:  Spaghetti and Meat Sauce

Tuesday:  Crockpot Chicken Thighs served with perogies and corn

Wednesday:  Italian Sausage and Potato Roast

Thursday:  Leftover Buffet

Friday:  Homemade Pizza (dough from the bread machine)

Saturday:  Tortellini Caesar Salad

Sunday:  “Picking Night” – pick what you want

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections are here.

Comments

19 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ Aug 8/11”

I haven’t dived into Pinterest too much yet, I’m kind of afraid of getting addicted :-)
    The menu looks yummy, as always! Thanks for hosting Laura!
    ~Liz

Angela says:

I love your “Picking Night”… we call that “FFYS” (Fend For Yourself)!!!

Tammy says:

Aug. 8th – Salad & crudités served at lunch & dinner
    Sun. – takeout – Marco’s Pizza (20% off coupon)
    Mon. – Cheeseburgers (from freezer)
    Tues. – Spaghetti, cheese bread
    Wed. – Quesadillas and/or nachos
    Thurs. – Johnny Marzette (from freezer)
    Fri. – ****D’s 4th birthday!**** ? His choice!
    Sat. – Clean Eating’s sweet and sour chicken, couscous or Honey lime chicken, veggies
    Lunches – leftovers, wheat penne with garbanzos, tomatoes, and corn, pbj, chicken nuggets, veggies, spaghettios, grilled cheese sandwich, quesadillas, eggs, tuna salad or melts, pizza, soup, mac & cheese, loaded nachos
    Crudites for us are generally carrots, broccoli, grape tomatoes, & red bell pepper strips
    Snacks – fruit, dried fruit, yogurt, boiled egg whites, nuts, applesauce, cheese, cookies, popcorn, cottage cheese, crackers, Goldfish crackers, nutella or pb

Miz Helen says:

Hi Laura,
    I just love your Picking Night, I need to start having one of those. Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful week!
    Miz Helen

Carrie says:

Thanks for the encouragement! I have been sticking with my menu planning since January-and only didn’t plan two weeks so far this year when we were on vacation. It’s awesome! Anyway, who are you on Pinterest? I’d love to follow you.

April says:

I’m with you Laura, Menu Planning saves me a lot of time and money. I know exactly what to pull out of the freezer to defrost each night, and it helps me stay within my budget by having a list to shop from. Thanks for hosting and have a great week!

Tiffany says:

Thanks for hosting. Summer does throw a wrench in sticking to the menu, but I think sports nights might be even harder. Fall soccer is starting with 2 team schedules. Yikes!

I agree menu planning has been a saving grace for me BIG TIME! Not to mention it has been ONE of the key ingredients in my weight loss (40 lbs to be exact :) ).

For my menu plan this week I also added a Make Ahead Action Plan to encourage my readers to get the most out of the menu plan by preparing some of the items (if not all) ahead of time. I hope it is helpful.

Great resources once again lady :)

Thank you for your continued inspiration! This week I am determined to display my Menu Plan, even if it is only on a scratch piece of paper on the refrigerator! LOL! I have to start somewhere! :)

Gretchen says:

Thanks for hosting week after week!

This meme always makes me glad to know I’m not alone in continuing to stick to menu planning! Sometimes people IRL think it’s a bit much, if you know what I mean. :-) So thank you Laura for providing a place for us “normal” folks to congregate! :-)

I am trying to get used to using pinterest, although I have to be careful, I think it might suck me in for a few hours if I am not careful!
    Bernice
    Are you overwhelmed?

Carrie says:

This is my first time linking my menu up to your linky :-)

Martha (MM) says:

Still not blogging at the moment but still menu planning through these busy times I’ve been dealing with – definitely a lifesaver! Thanks for hosting as always!

I am always excited to see what will be on your menu!!!

Hi, Laura. Thanks for your wonderful blog hop. I am sharing a recipe for savory heirloom tomato sauce. It’s an easy recipe for a sauce that you can freeze — to simplify future menu planning! Just defrost, reheat, and serve. Enjoy!

Allysgrandma says:

I am amazed too Laura. Thanks for hosting, even though I don’t participate. I use it to get ideas! I am here in SC until the 30th and we don’t use the oven, so I am definitely going to see what I can find that sounds good that doesn’t involve the oven.

We barbecued boneless chicken thighs, then DSIL (son-in-law) made a pasta dish with the leftover chicken. We had that two nights and tonight is tacos. My daughter gets home Monday night late so it’s just DSIL and dear granddaughter who turns 3 next week!

Comments