Menu Plan Monday ~ June 27/11 - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ June 27/11

Hello!  Whew I survived my birthday week in one piece :)  My ugly dress party went off without a hitch and was just so much fun.  I’m going to go into more detail in a separate post (as soon as time permits) but until then I thought it would be fun to leave you with a sneak peek of my ugly dress.

Stunning isn’t it?!  Thank you again for all the wonderful birthday wishes so many of you left on last week’s post, you all made my week!!

This week I’m having two different sets of guests.  Two of my best friends are coming for a visit although sadly they just miss each other by a day.  Because my second girlfriend is arriving with her four kids in tow you’ll notice I’ve gone ahead and menu planned for all three meals on the days they are here.  I wanted to make sure we had enough food on hand ahead of time so I could simply relax and enjoy all their company.  I’m so excited to see them and get all caught up.  It’s been way too long!

The family all enjoyed last week’s recipes but if I had to pick a favorite I’d probably pick the Slow-Cooker BBQ Pork Sandwiches because it seriously just does not get any easier than that to throw dinner together.  Awesome!  We also tried the Perfect Parmesan Pizza Dough last week and while it tasted pretty good, I still didn’t think it was as good as my old faithful recipe (link below).   Plus it’s suppose to make four pizzas but we only got two out of the dough.  Of course that might have something to do with the fact that my daughter used regular yeast instead of the quick rise it called for but we won’t get into that :)

Menu Planning Resources:

Organized & Inspired Meal Planning

Helpful and fun tips for throwing an outdoor party

Vintage recipe cards to print

My Weekly Plan:

Monday: Chicken Caesar Wraps

Tuesday: Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin served with rice and broccoli

Wednesday: Dinner out!

Thursday: Spaghetti Ham Bake (makes two pans)

Friday:

Breakfast ~  The Most Bestest Pancakes
Lunch ~  Picnic Lunch – Lunchbox Sliders
Dinner ~  Sweet BBQ Chicken Kabobs served with baked potatoes and grilled veggies

Saturday:

Breakfast ~  Toast/Cereal
Lunch ~  Open-Faced Crab Melts
Dinner ~  Hamburgers/Hotdogs served with Classic Macaroni Salad

Sunday:

Breakfast ~  Freezer Friendly Baked Oatmeal
Lunch ~  Crackers/cheese/sausage plus raw veggie plate with dip
Dinner ~  Homemade Pizza (dough from bread machine)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU PLAN THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections are here.

Comments

23 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ June 27/11”

The spaghetti pizza bake looks great! I have some leftover ham in the freezer and this will be perfect. Thank you!

Rita says:

You have a lot of tasty sounding recipes linked. I love finding new ones. The flowers on the “ugly dress” are bright and beautiful! Have a wonderful week.

Have fun with all your guests! I love having company. My sister just visited and we had the best time. I’m gearing up for more guests next weekend. Love it!

Thanks for hosting!

Toni

April says:

It’s always fun to get caught up with old friends. Enjoy, and thanks for hosting MPM Laura!

Miz Helen says:

Hi Laura,
    Your Spaghetti Ham Bake looks like just the dish for a busy day. Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful week!
    Miz Helen

Mary Ann says:

Your menu always sounds so yummy. Thanks for hosting again.

Good idea planning those extra meals with guests in the house. I have found that having options for breakfast, lunch and snacks posted with my menu for the week is a huge help when the kids have friends over.

Beverly says:

I am glad you had a great birthday, and your menu looks great. Hope you have fun with all of your friends.

Tiffany says:

Happy belated birthday. Have a wonderful time with your friends :)

Marishannon says:

I can’t wait to hear all about your party!

Happy belated birthday!

I’m going to try that freezer oatmeal! Hubby if a big oatmeal fan. Thanks so much for hosting!

Bethany says:

This is my first time but I found you yesterday while looking for meme’s. And the slow cooker chicken parm looked so good I decided to try it. Thank you so much for hosting=)

Oh, my- your birthday sound wonderful, can’t wait to read about ti. I secretly wish I was one of your close friends to be able to wear an ugly dress…sounds like a hoot. ;-)

Crystal & Co says:

What a fun party idea! Can’t wait to see your dress!

You do know how to have fun. Can’t wait to see the post on that party. I’m hosting the Gluten-Free Menu Swap this week and announcing a new way for food bloggers to get sponsors for blog posts.

Chicken Caesar Wraps….yum! :)

I love the idea of an ugly dress party- how fun!! The BBQ chicken kabobs sound great, think I’ll add them to the menu for the weekend!!

Hope you have a great week,
    Ally @ Tiny Wallet Style

As always, thanks for hosting!

And that dress? Oh my god, it’s hideous!

Glad that you had a great birthday Laura! Great dress!

Your menu looks awesome! I have baked oatmeal on my plan as well, I just hope it’s not too warm this week for the oven!

Hey friend!! Happy belated BIRTHDAY!!! =D

Janet says:

Enjoy your week! And before I actually read the post, I thought the picture was of a tablecloth. LOL

Leslie says:

I always try to have a menu plan for the week and it never works out. I am either always too tired after work to go to the grocery store or I have to stay late for work so by the time I get home, it’s too late to start dinner. How do you stick to it?!

Leslie