Menu Plan Monday ~ May 23rd Victoria Day! - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ May 23rd Victoria Day!

Hey all, how are you?  It’s a holiday here in Canada today…Happy Victoria Day to my fellow Canadians!

We are getting family pictures done today (if the rain holds off that is) and I can’t wait.  I’ve got all our clothes picked out and matching.  We haven’t had them done in 5 years so I figured it was about time.  Now just to pick up the Skittles to bribe my kids with :)

So my menu was all over the place last week…my goodness.  The days got away from me and I was switching things around left right and center.  Don’t really like when that happens but sometimes you just have to roll with it.  It also tells me that maybe with the busyness of soccer season (thank goodness it’s a short season!) I should start simplifying my recipe choices even more.  So we’ll see how it goes.

Here are a few excellent menu planning resources for you to enjoy this week:

A Paper-Clutch Menu Planner Tutorial

Free Menu Planning Printable & Shopping List

Hope your week is terrific and yummy!!

My Weekly Menu:

Monday: Slow-Cooker Pot Roast served with rice and veggies

Tuesday: Left over pot roast

Wednesday: Asian-Style Baby Back Ribs (missed from last week)

Thursday: Weeknight Italian Pasta Bake

Friday: Roasted Honey, Lime, Garlic, Mustard Chicken (I’ll use my slow cooker)

Saturday: Pita Pocket Chicken Salad (using leftover chicken)

Simple Supper Sunday (which means most likely grilled cheese sandwiches or pancakes)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections are here.

Comments

36 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ May 23rd Victoria Day!”

Slow cooker pot roast is the best! Thanks for the idea. Happy Victoria Day!

My ‘kids’ still love chicken pitta pockets…although they’re just about adults now ;)

Have a great week Laura and thanks for hosting :)

Pot Roast in the slow cooker is one of my go-to recipes for crazy weeks. This week I am sharing a recipe for slow cooker beef fajitas that are just so good!

Rita says:

I have two slow cookers and use them a lot during the summer months. It’s a great way to keep the heat out of the kitchen. Have a wonderful day!

We really need family pictures done too. Have fun!
    Happy Victoria Day too!
    ~Liz

April says:

Hi Laura, a delicious looking menu as always. It’s going to be pretty warm here, so I’ve started using more summer friendly recipes this week. Hope your picture days turns out good for you. Have a great week, and thanks for hosting MPM!

A family photo… what fun! Will you share the photos with us?!

That lime chicken in the crockpot sounds like a wonderful idea; delicious pitas for leftovers.

Crystal & Co says:

Have fun getting family pictures made. We do not go and do that enough at my house. :)

Nickeletta says:

Good for you getting family pictures taken! Hope all goes well. That’s something I always wish I did more often. Of course, my son is at an age where pictures mean silly faces and rabbit ears.

I love anything stuffed in a pita so the chicken salad pita looks awesome. I am still keeping my menu plan to 1300 – 1500 calories because I have 8 pounds to go till my goal weight. Woohoo! Lost 1 pound last week. I agree with keeping the menu simple especially with summer right around the corner.

Again thanks for the resources they are always very helpful!

I hope we get to see a picture. :-) We just finished track season here and we sure ate a lot of “picnics” (sandwiches sitting on the bleachers…). It’s nice to be back to regular planning.

Have a great week!

Laura says:

Hi, I’m jumping in with a menu plan for the first time! I’m enjoying browsing through everyone’s plans and getting good ideas!

Debra says:

Love the menu this week. That lime chicken sounds awesome….If I made this I would probably make it in the crock pot too, but I have a question. Are you going to do anything to brown the skin a little?

Laura says:

Hi Debra, no, I never brown anything first before putting it into the crock pot. I know many swear by it and say it tastes so much better when you do but I just can’t be bothered and I still think it comes out great :)

Gretchen says:

Thanks for the menu planning resources every week and good luck with the family pictures!

hi everyone.im looking for blogs that have freezer recipes. please email me at itsmecristin@yahoo.com if u have one or know of any.
    thanks

Mercy says:

I have freezer recipes on my blog :) Stop by.

Martha (MM) says:

Happy Victoria Day! Have a great week and thanks for hosting as always :-)

Marelie says:

Thanks a lt for hosting and sharing.Its nice to be here

Those meal planning charts/projects are very cute! May have to share them as well…thanks!

Well, Victoria Day happens to be my birthday too…since I am not Canadian, I did not realize that…

I hope you were able to get your family pictures taken, without too much trouble! I know that is not always easy! (Love that you bribe your kids too!)
    Have a great week! :)

Happy Victoria Day and Thank you so much for the mention!
    You made my day! ;-)

That Honey Lime Garlic Chicken is one of my and my family’s favorite!

:-) Hope the rain clears up for y’all — we’ll gladly take it down here in S. Texas!!!

Nay says:

I have been trying to add my link to your menu planning monday’s list but for some reason it is not showing up. I am following the directions so I am assuming it’s working? Any ideas?

Comments