Menu Plan Monday ~ April 11/11 - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ April 11/11

Happy Monday everyone!  I’ll be sitting at piano festival for 5 hours today…yikes!  My daughter is performing 5 pieces, I sure hope my nerves can take it :)

So as you can see we have a new banner above and another below!  A big thank you to Rachel from Home Sweet and Savory who created the one above for us.  So pretty!  Rachel has a fantastic blog and it is where I found the recipe for Beth’s Baked Chicken which was on my menu last week.  It was so good and so easy to make and I especially loved that it was allergy friendly for my son.  Thanks Rachel!

This next banner below was designed for me by Kim of  Seven Thirty Three.  I love how simple and fun it is and of course the colors :)  Thanks Kim!

So there you have it, two new banners to use if you’d like.  Feel free to choose one of these or any one of the ones found here.  I like choices, what can I say.  There is something for everyone!

I also want to thank everyone else who contributed banner submissions.  I really appreciate it and you never know,  I may still pull it out of the vault to use one of these days.

Another recipe I tried this week was the Meat & Potato Pie.  It was delicious but I cheated a little bit on the recipe to speed things up by using a store bought crust and canned pre-diced potatoes.

Just before I get into what we’ll be eating this week I wanted to let you know about a blog series that Life as Mom is putting on, along with a few other bloggers, to help you Eat More, Spend Less.  Check out this week’s topic all about 5 Top Frugal Meal Plans.

This is a very exciting week for me as both my brother and sister (& baby niece!) will be visiting from Ontario, whoot!  This will be their first time visiting our new home in Alberta and I’m excited to show them around and introduce them to our town.  Should be fun!

Monday: Spaghetti and Meat Sauce

Tuesday: Italian Sausage and Potato Roast (family favorite!)

Wednesday: Bruschetta Chicken (family favorite!) served with rice and veggies

Thursday: Leftover buffet

Friday: Cheesy Ham & Pasta Bake (family favorite!)

Saturday: Slow Cooked Pot Roast (I never brown my meat first as suggested, I’m too lazy for such things) served with Hashbrown Casserole (both family favorites!)

Sunday: Homemade Pizza (using bread machine dough)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections are here.

Comments

37 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ April 11/11”

You have to brown your meat! It tastes so much better, seriously it does. And it really only takes an extra 5 minutes. :)

Have a great week!

Toni

Rita says:

My mom’s family is from Quebec and she made meat pies all of the time, called them French Meat Pie. They didn’t have potato in them. I think I might have liked them better if they hadn’t been so heavy on the meat! Anyway, the picture brings back memories of childhood. Thanks for hosting each week!

Gretchen says:

The Bruschetta Chicken looks fabulous.

Char says:

Thanks for the reminder that Pot Roast needs to go back in the rotation soon – it is a family favorite and like you, I don’t brown the meat ahead of time either! Turns out great either way, so why dirty an extra dish?

Have a great week and enjoy your company!

I never brown the meat either…too lazy ;)

Enjoy the visit from your family!

Crystal & Co says:

Love the new buttons! :)

Thanks for always hosting. I wanted to let you know by linking up here each Monday, your site referred over 330 readers to my site. Thank you! You can read more about it here: http://www.crystalandcomp.com/2011/04/blogger-appreciation-march-2011/

Thanks for hosting MPM! I’m linking up for the first time, but am no stranger to the menu plan. =)

Angela says:

I never brown my meat either! ;)

Betty says:

Good luck at the music festival today! I completely understand about the nerves! Between piano performances and competitions for my son, dance competitions for my daughter, horse shows, and 4H competitions, I’ve seriously considered switching to decaf!!

Thanks for the great menu, as always. Love the sausage and potato bake recipe. I’ll have to try that, but I think I’ll stick to bulk sausage instead of links.

Tiffany says:

The bruschetta chicken looks wonderful. I’m glad to see I’m not the only “lazy” cook who skips the browning step.

I’m too lazy also, PLUS it would be another pan to wash! LOL!
    Thanks for the link up, and enjoy time with your family! :)

Thanks for sharing the series over at Life as Mom. One of the things I am really trying to do is get my grocery budget under control so hopefully I can learn some great tips.

Once again everyone’ menu plans look fab from what I checked out. My menu plan is a leftover and whatever is in my cupboards and fridge week. Have a great week!

Susanne says:

We’ve been going through a transition with our meals. Hubby works later each night so doesn’t want to eat anything heavy when he gets home yet the kids still want a “normal” supper, so it’s been a bit of a challenge trying to please both. This week I think the following are gonna hit the table: Grilled chicken and salad, sweet and sour pork with rice and broccoli, soft tacos, mac & cheese, sticky roast chicken and all the fixin’s, homemade chicken soup.

Definitely trying out the bruschetta chicken!
    Good luck at the recital!
    Bernice
    Speeding through Life

Rose says:

I love the new banners!

Tara says:

Hey Laura,

The menu plan looks great, I am sure I am going to enjoy them all. I am so excited about coming to see you and the family.

See you tomorrow!!!

Tara

April says:

Great looking menu plan as usual Laura. The Italian Sausage and Potato Roast, and the Bruschetta Chicken both look delicious, and I will be trying them next week. Also, I never brown my roast before cooking it in the crock pot either. :) Thanks for hosting MPM!

April says:

PS: LOVE the new banners!

My grandmother used to make the meat and potato pie and every now and again, I have to make it – just made it two weeks ago and it does store well for lunch the next day.

~alicia
    proof-of-love.blogspot.com

Becky Perry says:

My computer is not wanting to work with the linky widget. I thought I would try a comment instead! :)

My Menu: My Menu

Amanda says:

Having trouble linking up…what am I doing wrong?

~~Rhonda says:

Laura, I can’t get Linky to work for me. Just FYI…not sure if it’s my end or your end. ~~Rhonda

SnoWhite says:

Fun banners!! I’m looking forward to ham soon so I can enjoy the cheesy ham and pasta bake too :)

dawn says:

your meat pie reminds me of pasties when my mom was feeling lazy. lol. otherwise we each got an individual little ‘hot pocket’ of meat, potatoes, carrots and onions. add some ketchup and yum!

Angi says:

So excited that your using my pot roast recipe again. I wondered about not browning the meat as it just takes longer. I think I’ll try that next time.

Check out the sour cream enchiladas recipe I posted today. We’ve made it almost every other week since we discovered it. It’s so yummy!

kewkew says:

Just wanted to let you know I used a couple of your recipe ideas last week. We also had peanut butter pancakes for our breakfast for dinner Thursday. And instead of plain meatloaf at my daughter birthday “party” we had the potato topped mini meatloaves. They were delicious. I love being able to find new recipes to try. Thanks for the linkup.

Martha (MM) says:

As always thanks for hosting Laura! :-)

Marishannon says:

As beneficial as it is to brown your meat first (or so they say…) I too am often too lazy for that!

Bree says:

Sounds like fantastic eats this week! Thanks for sharing the bruschetta chicken! I’m excited to try it! :)

How did your daughter’s piano performance go? I’m sure she was more than happy to come home to spaghetti!

Speaking of cooking up happiness at home, I’m dying to try the hashbrown casserole. (Dibs on the corner pieces.)

Shellsea says:

Thank you for hosting this party and for having so many cooking ideas! Sometimes it’s hard for me to think of dinners, which is why I started menu planning in the first place. Now, I can share with everyone here and I’ll have dinners for the year!

sara says:

I’m new to your site, and had a question-right now I’m posting my menu plan on my blog on Thursdays, for the following week, and was wondering if I’m allowed to add my link to your Monday list. The menu plan I would link to would be for the current week, and starts on that Monday, but the post would just be dated a few days back.
    I’m only blogging on Thursdays right now because of a broke hand, and I’m consolidating my posts, including my weekly menu plan, into one day until I get this pesky cast off!

Comments