Menu Plan Monday ~ March 7th - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ March 7th

I just got home from a very quick visit to Ontario!  It was so much fun to see my family and to surprise my mom on her 60th birthday!   My sister had arranged to take her out for lunch and so I made sure to get there before she did.  When she came up to the table I jumped out from behind my brother to surprise her and she started crying.  It’s always such fun to pull something like that off, whew!!

Signing my book at Chapters while I was in Ontario:

So sorry but I really do need to keep this short and sweet today because I have a gazillion things to do.  So I’m going to ask you a question instead: what was your favorite recipe you made last week?

Here’s what we’ll be eating:

Monday: One Pot Spaghetti

Tuesday: Hawaiian Chicken served over rice

Wednesday: Corn Chowder in the Slow Cooker served with Bread Machine Garlic Bread

Thursday: Leftover buffet

Friday: Pizza Dough in the Bread Machine

Saturday: Whole Wheat and Oatmeal Waffles served with sausages

Simple Supper Sunday

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections are here.

Click the link below to see many more menus and to link up your own!!

Comments

40 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ March 7th”

Glad you had a nice getaway!

My favorite recipe from last week was definitely the Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie that I made – http://raisingahealthyfamily.com/slow-cooker-chicken-pot-pie/

Have a great week!

Thanks for hosting Laura. Is it my computer having trouble?
    I can’t seem to connect to you…I think everyone is logging in at the same time :-)
    Enjoy your week!
    ~Liz

Rita says:

Congratulations on publishing your book. Homemakers everywhere (whether they have outside jobs or not) need and want help – as is obvious with the popularity here on your site. Thanks so much for hosting Menu Plan Mondays!

Sherry says:

Awww, how sweet! I can imagine how excited your mom was to see you!

The best new thing we tried last week was Southern Plate’s Ground Beef Stew! :) IT was yummy!

Thank you for having this each week!

Yum! I love having breakfast for dinner. We haven’t done that for a while. Menu looks great Laura, thanks for hosting!

Toni

Thanks so much for hosting again this week! Really love the accountability. I hope you have a terrific start to your week!! CONGRATULATIONS on your book signing!!!! Here’s one of my fave things I made last week: {WW} Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies ~ bc they are delish and just 1 PointPlus per cookie. http://quiteatingout.blogspot.com/2011/03/ww-mini-chocolate-chip-cookies.html

Laura says:

Wow what a lovely surprise for your mum!

Melody says:

Our favorite was definitely Enchilasagna Casserole (redubbed Enchilada Casserole, it is easier to say!) I made it for the first time last week and it was SO easy. I need to get the exact recipe I used up on my website, but it was almost identical to this: http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/article/140/18107 (BTW, the nutrition information on this is incorrect, it is almost double that… but still less than 450 calories for 1/8 of the pan).

Susan says:

My favorite recipe I made was strawberry shortcake. Our strawberries are at peak now.

Miz Helen says:

Congratulations Laura,
    I remember the feeling I had when I held my book in my hand for the first time…Wow it is one I will never forget. Thank you for hosting us today and enjoy your new book!

I love being able to surprise people like that!

Our favorite meal from last week was the one we cooked from my grandmother’s cookbook (Meat Souffle, Creamed Potatoes and Cooked Carrots). Knowing that my mother may have eaten the very same meal as a child, cooked by my grandmother was nostalgic. To my surprise, the kids/husband had just as much fun with it as I did! :)

Lynn says:

I did not try any new recipes last week, which is rare for me. :) But we had soup several times and that is always a favorite. I hope you enjoy the one pot spaghetti. I love how easy it is.

Annika says:

You have accomplished something from my ‘bucket list’ writing a book! Who knows if I will ever get it marked off, but coo-doose to you! We had the stomach bug here last week, everyone did well on homemade whole wheat toast :)
    Have a great day!

My favorite recipe last week was a new one. http://hazelscrockpot.blogspot.com/2010/10/cheesy-hash-brown-potato-soup.html
    Love that I can make it in the crock pot! :)

Megan says:

Last week: Trader Joe’s veggie lasagna
    This week: bean and barley soup

Carrie says:

My favorite from last week was the chicken chili stew. It turned out awesome. I will need to post the recipe soon . Happy birthday to your mom!

Ketherian says:

Congratulations Laura.
    Last Saturday was my favorite meal (it’s in this week’s menu); what made it so great was the fact that while I made the main dish and brought it to a friends place–another friend made Cesar salad, another made desert (chocolate loaf) and a third made the bread. It combined to be the best meal ever.

Awesome fun, a book signing! And so nice for you to surprise your mom!
    Bernice
    Don’t live your life in default mode

Yummy meal plan!

Are you book signing in Texas, by chance? :)

Our favorite meal last week was the personal size pizzas I let my kiddos make. They had tons of fun!

Betty says:

Wow! Looks like you have a whirlwind going on in your life right now…a cool and exciting whirlwind, to be sure! Good luck with the book!

My favorite recipe this past week? Probably the sausage rolls I made yesterday. Stromboli was originally on the menu, but I didn’t get to the store for the lunchmeat, so I changed to sausage rolls because I had plenty of sausage. Sausage rolls are always a family favorite!

What fun to be able to surprise your mom like that!

My favorite meal was a “fall back” meal we had when the plan didn’t work (it happens sometimes!) – homemade tomato soup (http://www.anoregoncottage.com/2010/04/homemade-tomato-soup-youll-never-go.html) with melted cheese bagels. It makes a good fall-back- easy and delicious.

Rachel says:

Our favorite recipe from last week was Thai Honey Peanut Chicken with Rice and Broccoli — it was delicious! We found the recipe from Well Fed Newlyweds: http://thewellfednewlyweds.blogspot.com/2011/01/thai-honey-peanut-chicken.html#more

Last week, was Mexican Week at our house so it was all good! Even had some leftover chicken to use this week. Love that!

grace says:

Also want to say received my copy of your book from contest. Love looking through it and know that it will help me. thanks again

Jillian says:

One Pot Spaghetti?!? The name alone made me click on it. We’ll have to give it a try on another week (one that’s not planned yet, of course) :).

Janet says:

Our favorite was the spaghetti pie. One of the best freezer meals I’ve tried.

Shannon says:

We had a meatball stew with mashed potatoes. I kind of make it up as I went along, but it was so good we’ll be eating it again! Meatballs in a yummy gravy with veggies…mmmmm….I made lots thinking we’d have it two nights in a row, but there were no leftovers!

So happy you were able to surprise your mom for her birthday! Sounds like a great getaway trip for you and an even better treat for your family.
    I haven’t tried this weeknight dinner entree yet, but I’m dying to make it ASAP: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/02/creamy-chicken-spaghetti-casserole/. Tell me that doesn’t look dreamy.

-Food on the Table, http://www.foodonthetable.com/blog

Damsel says:

My favorite last week was when we had friends over for dinner on Saturday and I made fajitas!!! Yum!

Woohoo. Look at you signing your book. Congrats! Our favorite had to be the Fish Tacos from Gluten-Free Diva. I even made my own tortillas.

I wanted to say thanks for hosting this event and having a great site. I enjoy it a great deal. This is my first time being part of Menu Planning Monday. I hope to come back weekly.

Angi says:

I had planned to share our pot roast recipe but I didn’t get around to making it last week so I’m sharing a lasagna one instead.

Thanks for hosting.

Megan says:

You look GREAT in the book-signing pic! No seriously, I think it should be your new profile pic.

Alex Mathias says:

Glad you could visit my fair province. Hope you didn’t mind the snow!
    My recipe is pan-fried cornmeal-crusted catfish on baguette with cumin mayo and fixins. Mmmm!

Colleen P. says:

Isn’t it fun to surprise someone on their birthday? My husband and I decided to surprise his mom for her 60th birthday by given her a weekend with just him. She hasn’t been able to spend time with just him since before he joined the military (23 years ago!). We managed to keep it secret, and I even called ahead of time to ask her when she’d be home because he wanted to call and didn’t want to miss her-we got her good too! He showed up at her house (150 miles away!) and she was SO surprised! They went out for Chinese, went to a movie, rented one to watch at the house…just hung out together. She said it was the best birthday ever!

crockpot lasagne – great recipe and everyone loved it

Comments