Menu Plan Monday ~ Dec 6th - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ Dec 6th

And here we are in December!  Today I spent some time preparing my holiday baking list.  I have a few school functions to bring treats to and my parents will be here for Christmas so I want to be sure I’ve got a few recipes selected and ready to go.  This is the form I created and use to help keep myself organized in this area.  Feel free to print a copy for yourself to use if you’d like.

Free Holiday Baking List Printable

I’d love to know what recipes are going on your holiday baking list?

Speaking of holiday baking and free, my friend Lynn, from Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures, has created an ebook called Quick and Easy Recipes for Holiday Entertaining that includes appetizer, candy and dessert recipes for the holidays that you might like.  I’ve added the Easy Peanut Butter Cup recipe to my baking list.  The ebook is free but you do have to become a subscriber of her blog in order to get it which means you’ll receive email updates every time she posts.  Just wanted to give you the heads up on that.

cookie dough

image credit: shutterstock

I purchased some packages of Peppermint Hershey’s Kisses the other day when they went on sale and would love any Christmas recipes you’ve got that includes them.  On my list is this recipe for Chocolate Cookies with Christmas Kisses found at The Farm Girl but I’m just wondering if there are any others.  Thanks!

My very favorite recipe from last week definitely was Michelle’s Creamy Pasta with Lemon Pepper Chicken.  Gosh was it ever good, the garlic/lemon combination was so delicious!   When I reached out to Twitter last week for recipe suggestions Michelle was the only one that responded and I am thrilled that she did with such a winner for me to try.  Thanks Michelle!

So here’s what we’ll be eating this week:

Monday: Chicken, Potato and Veggie Bake

Tuesday: Chicken Tortellini Soup (using leftover chicken)

Wednesday: Dilled Pot Roast (family favorite) served with rice and broccoli

Thursday: Leftover buffet

Friday: Quick Homemade Pizza

Saturday: Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Simple Supper Sunday

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections are here.

Comments

49 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ Dec 6th”

Thanks for the baking list Laura!

Rita says:

Very cute shopping list!

Well now I have to try the lemon chicken! I have a pack of chicken in the freezer that I can use for the recipe, and of course gallons of lemon juice!
    I love your baking list! Great idea.
    Toni

I’m tackling some of my baking this week too! Thanks for hosting another great MPM!
    ~Liz

Lynn says:

Your menu plan looks great and I love the printable. What a great way to keep track of what recipes we are making during the holidays. Thank you! I hope you enjoy the peanut butter cups. They are so easy and so good.

Thanks for hosting this Laura… I found you via Jo~Lynne’s site, Musings of a Housewife. Love the idea of this as accountability to get our Menu’s planned on time each week! Have a wonderful start to your week. Looking forward to being a regular reader…

Crystal & Co says:

I want to say thank you for always offering this link up every single week. I know you’ve been doing it for a long time but I just want you to know it really helps us network, find new recipes, and bring traffic to our sites.

During the month of November your site sent 566 visitors to my blog and that is simply from linking up my meal plan each Monday! Thanks for all you do!

I just made out my baking list last night :) I keep finding great looking new recipes to try but at this point I’m mostly sticking with the tried-and-true. This coconut candy is a family favourite: http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/neapolitan-coconut-strips (my grandmother would be very disappointed if I didn’t have a package of this for her on Christmas Day!). My boys have been pestering me about when I’m going to make these eggnog thumbprint cookies, which I must have been making for over a decade now:
    I’m also making gingersnaps, cracker toffee, peppermint bark and rocky road bark. The shortbread cookies are already tucked away safely in the freezer!

I sort of took off from posting my menu last month and it really hurt my referral traffic. You still made the list, but just barely. LOL! My fault, not yours! http://3boysandadog.com/2010/12/blogger-appreciation-day-november-2010/

Melissa says:

Your menu sounds delicious! Chicken tortellini soup sounds perfect for a chilly December evening, and I’m off to check out the pasta recipe you linked. Sounds wonderful to me, too.

When I make my baking list, I include the source (as you did). I also list any special ingredients and quantities, so I’m sure I have enough on hand. This is mostly for ingredients like chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese, and raspberry jam. Oh, and I try to note if a recipe requires softened butter, so I can plan the timing!

I *really* need to start planning my baking list–thanks for the printable! Pencilling in that Chicken Tortellini Soup. :)

Laura
    I want to echo Crystal & Co by thanking you for hosting Menu Plan Monday each week. Your site is also one of the best sources of traffic for my gluten-free blog and helps me spread the word about celiac disease and gluten-free living. I also appreciate the printables and links to help keep me in the menu plan wagon.

Lindsey says:

I just LOVE holiday cooking. I can’t wait to try some of these recipes.

Krista says:

I saw the Kraft chicken recipe too, and I was curious to try it as well. I look forward to hearing how it turns out!

Laura says:

Will definitely keep you posted! I’m a little worried about it but I’m going to add more dressing like some of the reviews say to do.

Elizabeth L. says:

I made out my holiday baking plan the day after Thanksgiving! I just love to bake around the holidays, and I got a little over excited this year I think. I have about 20 different cookie recipes, plus 3 or 4 breads to make. Too much? Thank goodness for hungry doctors at work; they’ll gladly eat anything I bring!

I’m also doing a “12 Days of Christmas Cookies” series on my blog. It started December 1, and runs until the 21st. This link will take you to the recipes posted so far: http://theunemployedlibrarian.blogspot.com/search/label/christmas%20cookies

Thanks for hosting the link up!

Great looking menu! I just saw a commercial this morning for baking with Hershey’s kisses and they mentioned they have a ton of recipes on their website: http://www.hersheys.com/kisses/recipes.aspx

Paula says:

Apparently third time’s the charm. I got it to work. Thanks anyway!!

• 19.1.1
        Aris says:

Hi Paula,

could you please help us find what when wrong with your link-up? Would it be possible to drop us an email at info [at] inlinkz [dot] com describing the difficulties you faced?

Thank you so much !

Aris, InLinkz.com

Mmmm….Creamy Pasta with Lemon Pepper Chicken sounds really nummy! I haven’t had lemon pepper anything for years! :)

Trixie says:

Oooh holiday baking; I love it! I just made my list of Christmas cookies this morning. Now to invite my mom and sister over to make cookies in a couple of weeks.

Here’s what’s on the list. We may not get to everything, but we will have fun trying as many as we can!

Frosted Sugar Cookies
    Mexican Wedding Cakes
    Lemon Bars (not very Christmasy but delicious)
    Red Velvet Cookies
    Fudge (my mom will make this)

I have not cooked much for the past couple of years (worked a crazy job outside of the home) but this Monday link up gives me lots of ideas for meals! Thanks for hosting it!
    Bernice

Kristina says:

Hey, Liked your idea for the Holiday Baking Checklist. Added a link to your page on my blog. Thought my readers would enjoy it also! Thanks, Kristina

annika says:

I love your Holiday baking checklist and you cookie cutter pict! Thanks for the recipes too!

Melody says:

Thanks for the reminder to include a list of holiday baking! I’m still figuring out what I am making but will definitely do a post for that too. Maybe you can do a linkup for holiday baking one day? :) I love the idea of chocolate chip pancakes… I was already planning pancakes for one night this week and just may have to make them chocolate chip. Yum!

grace says:

I agree making a menu plan is a perfect start to the week. Your chicken and your soup recipes needs to be checked out Thanks for posting the menu plan link up Fun to look around and see what others are cooking

Sarah says:

That chicken tortellini soup sounds delicious, quick and easy! I might have to try that one out! I think I’ll sub cheese tortellini for spinach and ricotta, though. Love that one.

Thanks for the idea.

Miranda says:

So far, I have made mini whiskey pecan pies, biscotti and muffin-tin smores. Coming up – Reeses cupcakes and peppermint bark candy bars!

Andy says:

That Creamy Pasta w/ Lemon Pepper chicken sounds really good! I’ll have to give that a try.

Elena says:

I’ve read so much about menu planning that I’m finally going to give it a try. I admit I was a bit scared because I didn’t know where to start. I have two under two years of age so my hands are tied most of the time. The thought about adding yet another task seems overwhelming but I can see the major advantages and relief that will come. Thanks, Laura, for making my life easier…

Elena