Menu Plan Monday ~ October 4th - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ October 4th

Well would you look at that…time is a flying by and this weekend coming up is already Canadian Thanksgiving!  I guess I’d better get planning huh?  I’m not too worried about it this year as obviously it will be a small one so we’re going to keep it pretty casual.  For those of you who would like to do a little more planning ahead, you’ll be happy to know I FINALLY updated my Freezer Cooking Tutorials and Recipes page.  If you’ve been wanting to do more freezer cooking or even learn how to do it, then hop on over and check out all the links.

And if you missed it and are interested, I posted the recipe for the Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Egg-free Chocolate Cake I made for my son’s 11th birthday last Friday.  It was just awesome!

I love soups in fall and they are generally pretty quick to throw together, especially if you use your slow cooker.  Last week we tried the Hearty Minestrone Soup recipe from Taste of Home and really enjoyed it.  Soup and homemade bread, yum!

I love when my kitchen tools slave away for me all afternoon :)

I hope you all have a wonderfully organized and yummy week ahead of you!

Here’s what’s on our menu this week:

Monday: Bean and Corn Tacos

Tuesday: Quick Homemade Pizza

It’s my day to bring special baking for the teachers:  Caramel Apple Muffins

Wednesday: Leftover buffet (with Laura’s Best Chocolate Chip Cookies for dessert – not me, a different Laura)

Thursday: Tortellini, Bean and Pesto Soup served with Garlic Parmesan Bread

Friday: Baked Teriyaki Chicken (the best!), served with Hash Brown Casserole

Saturday: An early Thanksgiving dinner for us!  Slow Cooker Ham, Creamy Delicious Dairy-Free Mashed PotatoesCauliflower Cheddar Bake (steamed broccoli as well for my son), and for dessert Prize Winning Apple Pie made with Martha’s Pie Crust.

Sunday: Thanksgiving Leftovers!

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections are here.

Comments

52 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ October 4th”
    Amy Lynne says:

Those caramel apple muffins look heavenly! I think I know some boys that would like me very much if I made those!

Thanks for hosting, Laura!

I’ll say it again, that chocolate cake looks great! I can’t believe it is Canadian Thanksgiving already…. that means our Thanksgiving is right around the corner too! Seems like we were just eating leftover turkey last month!
    Have a great week!
    Toni

Looks like a busy week, Happy Belated Birthday to your son, and Happy Thanksgiving too!
    Thanks so much for hosting!
    ~Liz

Rita says:

I saw that bread maker last week in a store and drooled over it. I was told that you can make GF bread in it and that really made me want it. I’ll be saving for it and maybe next year….

City Share says:

That minestrone looks delicious. I have to start making some soups in the crock pot. Thanks for hosting the blog hop. Happy Thanksgiving!

Tiffany says:

Those caramel muffins look wonderful, but I really love the looks of that bread machine! I think I need to get one. Mine went kaput a long time ago.

Kerri says:

That soup and those muffins look amazing! YUM!!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving

Sharon says:

Everything looks delicious! Lucky teachers, getting those muffins. ;)

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Love the idea of bean and corn tacos!

Thanks for hosting! :)

Amy says:

Perfectly said! I love a crock pot dinner & would love a bread machine too! Maybe put it on our wish list for this year :)
    And seriously, the caramel apple muffins? Kills me! Yum!

Lucky says:

Wow! Those muffins look amazing!

Char says:

Those apple muffins look amazing. I may have to surprise my kids with a batch afterschool one day this week.

Tiffany says:

Hi there, I am not new but I have not been by in a while. Look forward to reading all the great recipes.

Your cake looks AMAZING.

I want those muffins now! The only thing I don’t have is the carmels!

SnoWhite says:

oh… Thanksgiving food already!! I wish I was closer to CA… I’d celebrate Thanksgiving twice :)

Lolli says:

My mouth is watering over those muffins!! Thanks for sharing!

Tiffany says:

The muffins and cake look delish. And I will have to keep your soup in mind when we do slow cooker soups in my soup carnival. Thanks!

Michele says:

I still can’t get my plan to post! So, check my plan out at

or

msheriff@xanga.com

Melissa says:

Everything you make looks so delicious! I love bread machine bread! I think I will start making more.

Sheena says:

Your menu looks very good. Is that chocolate chip cookie recipe your favorite? I am always looking for a new one to try.

Amy says:

Everything looks wonderful! I’ll be using my crock pot this week!

Hey Laura-here’s a quick question for you–it may sound dumb, so bear with me–the big silver shiny contraption atop there–is that your bread machine? I’m asking b/c I have never used one or seen one up close. I usually do bread from scratch and have yet to try breadmaking machines, but I’m curious. What machine do you have and do you like it?

Thanks for hosting!

Laura says:

Hi Ammie, yes that is my bread machine in the picture above. It’s a Cuisinart. I’ve owned a few over the years but this one is my favorite. I use it all the time!

Rona says:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Crystal & Co says:

That soup looks yummy! We are finally having a few chilly mornings and evenings here in Texas. Like 65 degrees… I know that is not chilly to everyone, but it finally feels like Fall here!

Happy Thanksgiving!

maggie says:

OOOh I finally have my doors and windows open, it is a balmy 79, from the scorching 98-99 we’ve been having..
    I’m hoping it will go down to 72 so I can break out my sweaters..
    So many amazing menus, so little time…
    Maggie

Janet says:

Those muffins look delicious!

I must have those muffins! They look incredible. I am going to have to give them a try this week, thanks for sharing!

Yum! I’m adding a couple of your recipes to my list!

Between the bread maker and the crockpot, you almost have a kitchen staff! Thanks for hosting again this week.

Becky says:

Just wanted to stop in and say thanks for hosting this! :)

Tifani says:

Can’t wait to try those muffins.

I adore my crockpot and am falling more in love with my breadmaker. I still haven’t perfected my breadmaking technique in it but I have found an awesome pizza dough recipe. I use my crockpot one to two times a week.

The baked chicken terriyaki and hashbrown casserole look yummy!

Your Baked Teriyaki Chicken recipe sounds delicious! Also want to try your pie recipe. Glad to get the pie crust recipe, too! :)

Angela says:

Would love to know if you have a go to bread recipe. My husband inadvertantly purchased bread flour at the store. Knowing that they throw it away if I return it, I kept it. Now, I need something to make with it.

kim says:

thanks for hosting

I’m with you on the soup and making my appliances earn that valuable real estate on my kitchen counter. Make ‘em work.

tamara says:

I am last posting but it is up. I love my machines too. I use them mostly in the winter but might just have to rethink that for the summer

Nikki says:

OOOH, those muffins look divine!

I have that bread machine and I LOVE it! I’m not quite sure I would survive without it!!

I am sooo looking forward to soup weather and using my slowcooker a lot more. I’ll have to try the minestrone recipe. Here in Texas it’s been getting down into the 50′s at night and 70′s during the day…that is cool enough weather for us it made me start thinking of soup. :-)

voltaire says:

Wow…www everything looks delicious.

Melisa says:

Just a heads up; your Quick Homemade Pizza link isn’t working. I’m going to make that minestrone this week, with some southern cornbread. I love minestrone and have lost my recipe and this one looks close.

Comments