Menu Plan Monday ~ October 4th

Well would you look at that…time is a flying by and this weekend coming up is already Canadian Thanksgiving!  I guess I’d better get planning huh?  I’m not too worried about it this year as obviously it will be a small one so we’re going to keep it pretty casual.  For those of you who would like to do a little more planning ahead, you’ll be happy to know I FINALLY updated my Freezer Cooking Tutorials and Recipes page.  If you’ve been wanting to do more freezer cooking or even learn how to do it, then hop on over and check out all the links.

And if you missed it and are interested, I posted the recipe for the Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Egg-free Chocolate Cake I made for my son’s 11th birthday last Friday.  It was just awesome!

I love soups in fall and they are generally pretty quick to throw together, especially if you use your slow cooker.  Last week we tried the Hearty Minestrone Soup recipe from Taste of Home and really enjoyed it.  Soup and homemade bread, yum!

I love when my kitchen tools slave away for me all afternoon :)

I hope you all have a wonderfully organized and yummy week ahead of you!

Here’s what’s on our menu this week:

Monday: Bean and Corn Tacos

Tuesday: Quick Homemade Pizza

It’s my day to bring special baking for the teachers:  Caramel Apple Muffins

Wednesday: Leftover buffet (with Laura’s Best Chocolate Chip Cookies for dessert – not me, a different Laura)

Thursday: Tortellini, Bean and Pesto Soup served with Garlic Parmesan Bread

Friday: Baked Teriyaki Chicken (the best!), served with Hash Brown Casserole

Saturday: An early Thanksgiving dinner for us!  Slow Cooker Ham, Creamy Delicious Dairy-Free Mashed PotatoesCauliflower Cheddar Bake (steamed broccoli as well for my son), and for dessert Prize Winning Apple Pie made with Martha’s Pie Crust.

Sunday: Thanksgiving Leftovers!

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections are here.

Comments

52 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ October 4th

Amy Lynne says

Those caramel apple muffins look heavenly! I think I know some boys that would like me very much if I made those!

The Happy Housewife says

I’ll say it again, that chocolate cake looks great! I can’t believe it is Canadian Thanksgiving already…. that means our Thanksgiving is right around the corner too! Seems like we were just eating leftover turkey last month!
    Have a great week!
    Toni

Liz@HoosierHomemade says

Looks like a busy week, Happy Belated Birthday to your son, and Happy Thanksgiving too!
    Thanks so much for hosting!
    ~Liz

Rita says

I saw that bread maker last week in a store and drooled over it. I was told that you can make GF bread in it and that really made me want it. I’ll be saving for it and maybe next year….

Yes you can do GF bread in that one which is why I bought it in the first place….only I’ve never made GF bread in it yet LOL

City Share says

That minestrone looks delicious. I have to start making some soups in the crock pot. Thanks for hosting the blog hop. Happy Thanksgiving!

Tiffany says

Those caramel muffins look wonderful, but I really love the looks of that bread machine! I think I need to get one. Mine went kaput a long time ago.

Kerri says

That soup and those muffins look amazing! YUM!!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving

Sharon says

Everything looks delicious! Lucky teachers, getting those muffins. ;)

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Amy says

Perfectly said! I love a crock pot dinner & would love a bread machine too! Maybe put it on our wish list for this year :)
    And seriously, the caramel apple muffins? Kills me! Yum!

Lucky says

Wow! Those muffins look amazing!

Char says

Those apple muffins look amazing. I may have to surprise my kids with a batch afterschool one day this week.

Tiffany says

Hi there, I am not new but I have not been by in a while. Look forward to reading all the great recipes.

SnoWhite says

oh… Thanksgiving food already!! I wish I was closer to CA… I’d celebrate Thanksgiving twice :)

Lolli says

My mouth is watering over those muffins!! Thanks for sharing!

Tiffany says

The muffins and cake look delish. And I will have to keep your soup in mind when we do slow cooker soups in my soup carnival. Thanks!

Melissa says

Everything you make looks so delicious! I love bread machine bread! I think I will start making more.

Sheena says

Your menu looks very good. Is that chocolate chip cookie recipe your favorite? I am always looking for a new one to try.

It’s a new recipe for me Sheena, I’ll keep you posted. I love that it makes a big batch :)

Amy says

Everything looks wonderful! I’ll be using my crock pot this week!

Ammie @ Domesticallyobsessed.com says

Hey Laura-here’s a quick question for you–it may sound dumb, so bear with me–the big silver shiny contraption atop there–is that your bread machine? I’m asking b/c I have never used one or seen one up close. I usually do bread from scratch and have yet to try breadmaking machines, but I’m curious. What machine do you have and do you like it?

Thanks for hosting!

Hi Ammie, yes that is my bread machine in the picture above. It’s a Cuisinart. I’ve owned a few over the years but this one is my favorite. I use it all the time!

• 25.1.1
        Ammie @ Domesticallyobsessed.com says

Thanks, Laura! Do you have any posts on breadmaking, by chance? Or does anyone else on here? I’d love to see how these bad boys work! I do mine by scratch, which requires a bit of time, but as long as you plan it correctly, totally doable. Why, you ask? Um, b/c I’m OBSESSED. With being domestic. And making bread just seems so, well, DOMESTIC. Besides, my husband thinks it’s this big mysterious process and I’m superwoman or something.

But I am very curious about the machine made bread–I’ve only just started to live by my slow cooker and am busy experimenting with that. Any tips or points in the right direction would be great!

Rona says

Happy Thanksgiving!

Crystal & Co says

That soup looks yummy! We are finally having a few chilly mornings and evenings here in Texas. Like 65 degrees… I know that is not chilly to everyone, but it finally feels like Fall here!

Happy Thanksgiving!

maggie says

OOOh I finally have my doors and windows open, it is a balmy 79, from the scorching 98-99 we’ve been having..
    I’m hoping it will go down to 72 so I can break out my sweaters..
    So many amazing menus, so little time…
    Maggie

Janet says

Those muffins look delicious!

Ashley @ Just Another Mom of 2 says

I must have those muffins! They look incredible. I am going to have to give them a try this week, thanks for sharing!

FoodontheTable says

Between the bread maker and the crockpot, you almost have a kitchen staff! Thanks for hosting again this week.

Becky says

Just wanted to stop in and say thanks for hosting this! :)

Tifani says

Can’t wait to try those muffins.

Dawn@Finding My Way at Home says

I adore my crockpot and am falling more in love with my breadmaker. I still haven’t perfected my breadmaking technique in it but I have found an awesome pizza dough recipe. I use my crockpot one to two times a week.

The baked chicken terriyaki and hashbrown casserole look yummy!

Charla @ Healthy Home Blog says

Your Baked Teriyaki Chicken recipe sounds delicious! Also want to try your pie recipe. Glad to get the pie crust recipe, too! :)

Angela says

Would love to know if you have a go to bread recipe. My husband inadvertantly purchased bread flour at the store. Knowing that they throw it away if I return it, I kept it. Now, I need something to make with it.

kim says

thanks for hosting

Celiacs in the House says

I’m with you on the soup and making my appliances earn that valuable real estate on my kitchen counter. Make ‘em work.

tamara says

I am last posting but it is up. I love my machines too. I use them mostly in the winter but might just have to rethink that for the summer

Nikki says

OOOH, those muffins look divine!

Meal Plan Mom (Brenda) says

I am sooo looking forward to soup weather and using my slowcooker a lot more. I’ll have to try the minestrone recipe. Here in Texas it’s been getting down into the 50′s at night and 70′s during the day…that is cool enough weather for us it made me start thinking of soup. :-)

voltaire says

Wow…www everything looks delicious.

Melisa says

Just a heads up; your Quick Homemade Pizza link isn’t working. I’m going to make that minestrone this week, with some southern cornbread. I love minestrone and have lost my recipe and this one looks close.

All fixed, thanks!