Menu Plan Monday ~ Sept 27th - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ Sept 27th

Hi everyone!

This was an exciting weekend for us as we added a new addition to the family!

Meet Milow:

We adopted 3 year old Milow from the rescue center here.  He is such a good and mellow doggie.  I think he’s going to fit in nicely.  Anyone that knows me knows I’m not a dog person but this little guy has stolen my heart already.

So no menu highlight from last week sadly.  I wasn’t feeling the love with any of my recipe selections…hopefully this week will be a better one :)

If you didn’t see already, Laura from Heavenly Homemakers has new fall menu planners ready to print off.

Okay so here’s what’s on our menu:

Monday: Grilled sirloin steak, baked potatoes and grilled veggies

Tuesday: Cinnamon-Apple Pork Chops

Wednesday: Hearty Minestrone Soup (slow cooker)

Thursday: Leftover buffet

Friday: My son’s birthday!  His pick:  Lemon & Garlic Chicken Drumsticks served with french fries and gluten free, dairy free and egg free chocolate cake for dessert!  (I’ll post recipe next week)

Saturday: Baked Ziti with Spinach and Sausage

Simple Supper Sunday

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections are here.

Comments

51 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ Sept 27th”

Oh my goodness! I’m not a dog person either but that little guy would steal my heart too! What a fun addition to your family.
    Menu looks great this week!

Toni

MemeGRL says:

Welcome Milow! I love the underbite smile. Enjoy enjoy!

keli says:

Awww! Milton is tooo Cute! Your menu looks great, especially the cinnamon apple pork chops! Have a great week!

Tiffany says:

Cute puppy! I hope you find a winner meal this week. I always hate it when we have several days of so-so dinners in a row.

What a cutie! We love dogs, ours is almost 13 yrs old, sadly I don’t think it will be much longer that we have him around.
    The Fall flavored pork chops sound yummy!
    Thanks for hosting another great MPM!
    ~Liz

I love his smile too! Very cute :-)

Kerri says:

Awww, welcome to Milow!! Cutie, he is.

We have the same meal planned for today! And a lot of other similar meals. I did the caramel apple pork chops this past week…my fav by far.

Have a great week

Char says:

What a cute addition to your family!!

I’m back after totally missing my menu plan last week. Life without a plan is just too much – especially with the crazy schedule we have.

Have a great week!
    Char

City Share says:

I love the name Milow. That is so cute. Your menu plan looks great. I’m going to have to check out that minestrone in the slow cooker.

Congratulations on your new addition! :)
    He reminds me of our dog, “Hunny”…especially the little underbite! :)

Thanks for hosting!

Amy says:

Hi Milow!
    Love the pork chop recipe- will definitely snag that for next week :)

Annika says:

Cute puppy! Your menu looks great. I am going to add Minestrone Soup to my list of things to try. Thanks for hosting! Have a great day!
    Annika

Michele says:

I have tried again using blogspot to post my MPM still not working. Anyone have any suggestions? In the mean time you can visit either site to see my MPM for this week.

Sharon says:

What a cute dog! Is this the only pet you all have?

Thanks to you, our recipe highlight from last week was the Italian Sausage & Potato Roast. Before he was even finished eating, my husband said I should make it again. :) So thanks again!

Margaret says:

What a cute puppy! Thanks for hosting MPM. I love it

Beverly says:

the lemon garlic chicke legs soud delicious!

What a great week: A new dog and a birthday to celebrate! :) Can’t wait to see the recipe for that cake.

Crystal & Co says:

What a precious dog!

Jan says:

Cute dog! we adopted a cat two weeks ago from the Humane Society

Cute Puppy! I just did my first Menu Monday post. Can’t wait to make it a regular thing! Check out me out at http://mallardcovemommy.blogspot.com

Miz Helen says:

Milow is precious! Milow would fit right in with Jaque and Andre our two Bichon Frise’s they are really a part of our family.

Corrie says:

Welcome Milow!

Looks like Friday is a good day to have a birthday – my husband shares the date with your son (and my Gramma)! It was his pick too and of course, he selected his favourite… Barbecue Hamburgers! With chocolate cake, of course!

Have a great week and thanks for hosting!

Tina says:

So adorable-I Love dogs with underbites! Congrats on your new addition!

What a cutie! I’m not a dog person either, but my daughter had to have one…and now he’s stolen my heart, too. *sigh*

Congratulations on the new puppy! What a wonderful addition to the family. The baked ziti looks great… I love her blog!

Hayley says:

What a cute puppy! Looks a little like our bichon frise. I just heart cute little dogs. I wanted to let you know that after attempting 9 times, I posted my Menu Plan link, but it appears that you cannot click on it. I just don’t know what I’m doing wrong. I’m going to leave it up….number 131. Maybe it just appears that way to me?? Who knows?? Just wanted to appologize if I had messed up for some reason. Will try to get it right next time! Enjoy your puppy!

Here’s hoping you have a week with all ‘winners’ this time.
    Wendy

Sweet doggie! Another crazy-menu week because of Jewish holidays, but at least this week, the end is in sight… :-)

Brandy says:

Milow is such a cutie.

Thanks for linking to my fall menu planners!!

Alicia says:

Hey, I just wanted to say congrats on the adoption of Milow, how sweet. That’s awesome your heart has been stolen by such a cutie and a rescue doggie at that. Good luck & thanks for the great info!

Alea says:

Aww, Milow is adorable!

The cinnamon and Apple Pork Chops sound wonderful!

Janet says:

Congrats on the new addition to your family! He’s adorable.

Samara Link says:

Congratulations on your new baby!!!!

Bethany says:

Our son’s have the same birthday!

Rona says:

Congratulations on your new family addition and for adopting him from a shelter.

FX-Abe says:

dogs can require some work… I hope you know what you are doing…. congrats.

Precious says:

Milow is adorable!

Paula says:

Me again, I don’t know why the linky will only work every other week. Please link me:

Julia says:

Thanks for more wonderful recipe ideas.

And I can see why you like the dog in spite of everything. We plan to get one when our kids are a little older and our budget allows.

Tara V says:

cutie puppy! We adopted one not to long ago either. good for you for adopting! I hope it goes well. My vet told me it takes 3 months for the doggy to show you his full personality. have fun getting to know your puppy!

Megan says:

Awww, a new puppy! Have fun welcoming the new guy to the family!!

Brianne says:

Just wanted to tell you that I LOVE your blog! Keep up the great work!! I’m a very unorganized person and like to figure something out for dinner last minute. I hate it really but it’s what I always do!! So thanks for inspiring me! I really needed it! My husband will be thrilled ; )

Denny1600 says:

I just LOVE Milow! He looks very handsome and sweet. Dogs give such unconditional love. He will give you years of love and companionship. Give him a hug and a pet for me!

Susanne says:

What a cute addition to the family.

ter@waaoms says:

what an adorable pup! :) You won’t regret your decision to adopt a dog! :)

Erin C. says:

Welcome Milow, such a nice name.
    I really like that Cinnamon-Apple pork chops :)
    And advance Happy Birthday to your son, enjoy the celebration!

Kasie says:

Just wanted to stop by and say thank you! I participated this week in the Meal Plan Monday, which really motivated me to have a solid meal plan ready. This led to a much easier week as far as dinner goes. Also, thank you to all the people who visited my site, hope it was helpful!

Comments