Menu Plan Monday ~ Aug 2nd - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ Aug 2nd

Hello!  We made it safe and sound and my family is together again!  It feels amazing even if I’m exhausted and just want to sleep for days :)   Our stuff doesn’t come until later this week but soon the chaos will be over and the organizing fun can really begin.  Super yay!   First though I need to submit the last draft of my book to my editor tomorrow.  Yikes, no pressure there :)

Goodbye mountains, I’ll miss you!

I had a couple of requests last week to remind everyone to not forget to include a description of your menu if you plan a specific menu type (ie: gluten free, vegetarian, etc.).  I have upped the number of characters allowed in the name/description field so you should have no problem doing so if you want to.

A couple of resources for you this week:

Menu Planning Made Easy ~ @ Stone Soup

Couponing for People Who Hate Couponing ~ @ Healthy Foods, Healthy Diet

And if you haven’t already be sure to read last week’s guest post on 5 Apps to Keep You Organized in the Kitchen AND enter the great giveaway!

Here’s what we’ll be eating this week…I’m so excited to plan my menu once again for my family and not just myself even if we don’t have anywhere to sit or certain ingredients or cooking utensils in the house LOL!  Simple it is!

Monday: Cheesy Apple-Cinnamon Raisin Grill

Tuesday: Chicken Caesar Wraps

Wednesday: Penne Pasta Skillet

Thursday: Leftover buffet

Friday: Homemade Pizza

Saturday: Buttermilk Pancakes

Sunday: Ravioli with Spinach and Bacon

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections are here.

Comments

46 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ Aug 2nd”

Yummy menu! The ravioli and cheesy apple raisin grill look delicious.

Congratulations on your move! I wish I could be there to help you unpack! It must have been hard to leave those beautiful mountains, butI am sure you will love your new place.
    Happy unpacking!
    Toni

Tiffany says:

I bet you’re going to breathe a big sigh of relief to have the manuscript submitted and the move done too! Congrats again on the book. I can’t wait to see it!

Kerri says:

Pancakes! Yum.

SnoWhite says:

Glad to hear you made it! I hear you about missing your old home … but, I’m praying the new one feels like home soon!

Have fun with the organising!

Thanks for hosting MPM!

Marjorie says:

The mountains look absolutely beautiful – I’m ready for a vacation!

Julie says:

Congrats on a successful move…and a yummy menu plan. The cheesy apple grill thingy looks interesting.

Robin says:

I glad you made it safely! Great Menu Plan!

Good luck with your unpacking! I hope you find your utensils first :-)
    Thanks so much for hosting another great MPM!
    ~Liz

I LOVE chicken caesar wraps! But, does anyone have any great advice for wrapping the tortillas so 1. The stuffing doesn’t fall out and 2. The tortillas don’t break apart!
    Thanks!

Colleen P. says:

Sometimes you can find tortillas made specifically for wraps so they’re a bit softer. If that’s not available (and they’re sometimes hard to find, I know!), you can dampen a paper towel, put some tortillas on a plate that you can microwave, put the towel on top, and put another plate over that-sort of a homemade tortilla warmer. Pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds on high and see how that helps with the cracking.

Now, for filling falling out-if you can, fold the ends on the right and left toward the center a bit-not a huge amount, maybe an inch, then roll them up either top to bottom or bottom to top-that should keep your filling in. You don’t even have to do both sides, just one is enough to keep your filling in. Don’t over do it on the fillings, use nice big wraps to spread it out, and you should be just fine! Good luck and hope that helps!

Amy says:

Wow kudos to you for being completely on top of everything during your move! It’s such a challenge!

Alea says:

Wow, you have a busy week! I always enjoy “nesting” once we move into a new house, I hope after your last draft is submitted you have fun organizing your new home!

Crystal & Co says:

I love the Kraft website for recipes- like the pasta skillet you have on ur menu.

My favotire from their site it Cheesy Pasta Skillet- http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/cheesy-chicken-salsa-skillet-111247.aspx

So good!

Tifani says:

Glad to know you survived the move. And don’t you just love chicken caesar wraps? They are one of my favorite go-to meals. We are doing tuna melt wraps this week on naan bread. I still can’t believe my Walmart carries it. It takes a plain wrap to fancy new levels. lol

Rachel says:

Good luck with all the unpacking and organizing–I’m sure everything will go smoothly! :)

Lots of delicious-sounding meals planning on your menu this week!

Alexia says:

That ravioli looks really good! I do think I’ll be adding it to my list!

Thanks for hosting and good luck unpacking! I always look at the end of a move like Christmas – I get to rediscover all my stuff all over again and get to rearrange everything!

Try warming the tortillas in the oven or microwave before filling, if they are well warmed and not stuffed too full, wrapping is much easier and they are less prone to falling apart (making sure you get nice fresh ones are key too). Good luck!

Tiffany says:

Yes, that Cheesy Apple Grill does look interesting. I also added the Skillet to my list of things to try. My older kids are gone so I want some sim[ple and easy things to make for the younger ones. Leaves more time to be with them:) Congrats on being so close to DONE with your book, and also on your move.

Sherry says:

How exciting about your book! Congratulations!! :D

Sneets says:

I miss those same mountains, even after 43 years! Spent my growing years there!
    Enjoying following your blog and I am sure your new home will create new memories for years to come!

Kristie says:

Is it just me? I keep getting a timed out when I try to link up my Menu Plan? Any ideas? http://gracefullysaving.com/2010/08/menu-plan-monday-82/
    Thanks

Jen says:

Congrats on the move, Laura!! I hope you have fun unpacking and organizing!

Tina says:

Seeing all of your stuff again and organizing is the best part of moving I think!

Bethany says:

Yum! Pancakes are a favorite of mine. I love breakfast foods anytime! As always, thanks so much for hosting this!

Good to hear you survived the move! It must feel great to have everyone together again! Didn’t get a menu made yesterday so no MPM post up today. Just some recipes from last week. I really need to make a menu today! I’m starting to worry about what we are going to eat!

Such a beautiful picture of the mountains!!

Kelly B says:

Congratulations on your move. Everything looks yummy as usual. I just might have to grab that pizza recipe!

Kristen says:

Congratulations on submitting your final copy! That’s super exciting!

the cinnamon raisin grilled sandwiches look SO GOOD! i do think we’ll have to try those for breakfast one time!

So glad your family is together again!

Martha (MM) says:

Hi Laura,
    So glad to hear that you have arrived safely and are back together with your family! Can’t wait for your upcoming organizing posts. Cheers to your new home! :-)

Glad to hear everything is going along well with your move! I’m impressed that you actually plan to cook this week!

Tara says:

Glad you made it back together, and safe and sound. I hope you settle in nice and quickly.

Mrs. Fuzz says:

better late than never!

Marci says:

Hi Laura…I’m so glad your family is all together again! :) Enjoy your new home! :)

Edwina says:

Its gonna be so nice to see you organize from scratch, with just moving myself I can’t wait to see what your plans are for organizing all over again

I can’t wait to join your rolls next week.

Wench says:

Years ago when I went through the “Atkins Diet” saga I found a good way to make gluten free lasagna. I used thin sliced zucchinis.
    You slice zucchinis lengthwise and bake them a bit to get t he water out. Use them instead of noodles. It is real good.

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. [...] For other great menu plans, visit I’m an Organizing Junkie. [...]