Menu Plan Monday ~ July 12th - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ July 12th

Hey ladies, how are you doing this fine Monday?  Last week I had a good time chatting with Mandi over at Organizing Your Way about the benefits of menu planning and just wanted to pass along the podcast link for you to listen to if you want.  It’s not long although trust me I could have gone on for forever.  I love this subject.  Menu planning has changed my life, seriously.  No matter what time of the year or where I’m living, with my family or without (like now), I’ll be menu planning.  I can’t afford not to…time wise, sanity wise or money wise.  I love menu planning!

So this past week I did pretty good sticking with my meal plan.  I was a little disappointed with my chicken, not because of the recipe, but because I overcooked it in the slow cooker.  Overcooked meat in the slow cooker is horrible.  I cooked it for three hours on high and probably two on high would have been sufficient.

I did add to my menu a delicious salad recipe for an impromptu potluck we had on Friday night.  It’s called Tortellini-Shrimp Caesar Salad and I am highly recommending it.  So good and easy to throw together too!

image courtesy of Taste of Home

Here is what I’ll be eating this week:

Monday: Spaghetti with sauce from the freezer

Tuesday: BBQ Cheddar Chicken Roll-Ups

Wednesday: Teriyaki Salmon in Foil (favorite!)

Thursday: Leftover Buffet

Friday: Appy Night ~ Bacon Cheese Dip in a Bread Bowl

Saturday: Gourmet Scrambled Eggs

Sunday: Church potluck ~  Fuss-Free Ravioli and Cheese Bake (favorite!)

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections are here.

Don’t miss The Household Helper’s $5.00 summer sale!!  Nine terrific ebooks on sale now!  Click on the button below.

sale at thehouseholdhelper

Comments

74 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ July 12th”
    Christi says:

I love the idea of doing an appetizer night – I’m going to have to try that when we have company sometime!

Sheena says:

The Teriyaki Salmon in Foil sound yummy. Perfect for summer.

Terriyaki Salmon in foil sounds great…

Tiffany says:

The salmon recipe looks similar to one that I made. Cooking in foil packets on the grill is a great way to do fish. I think you’ll like that one. Thanks for hosting MPM each week!

Jackie says:

That salad looks wonderful!

We haven’t had an appetizer night in a while, I need to schedule one with a movie night.
    Thanks so much for hosting another great MPM!
    ~Liz

Kerri says:

Teriyaki Salmon in Foil <—— I've got to try this one!

Have a delicious week.

Robin says:

Appetizer night sounds awesome!

Julie says:

I like the look of that tortellini salad…Mmmmmm that might have to make it on next week’s menu! I love having recipes you can just pull out of a bag!

Elizabeth says:

Just linked in for my first Menu Plan Monday & I’m really excited to see what everyone cooks up for the week!

Angela says:

My sister makes a similar bacon cheese dip and it is addictive. Yum!

Elizabeth L. says:

I love appetizer night! We like to have one on special occasions with really fancy appetizers, like on New Years when we bake up some brie in puff pastry and have smoked salmon with caviar. But I’ve never done it during the week; might be a fun way to break up the same dinner routine.

Dee says:

I love Fuss Free Ravioli Bake! We call is Rasagna. Hehe… So simple and YUM!

Well, it looks like I’m not the only that thinks an appetizer night sounds great! I think my boys (husband included) would love it! Thanks for another great posting! :)

Trixie says:

Yummy menu this week — when can we all come over? : )

App night is one of our faves over here too! : ) Have a great week everyone!

Maria says:

It’s really not a good idea to look at these menus right after visiting the dentist. I think I am drooling? Of course, I can’t feel it though. LOL!

i’ve never done app night before, but we may have to! with three little ones, all the dips would be fun!

i’m back on the wagon again after falling off for a couple of months. time to regroup and get serious! :0)

Amy Walker says:

Thanks for the linky! I’m going to check out that fuss free ravioli recipe. Sounds great! :)
    Amy

It feels good to get back on track this week after lapsing with the Holiday last week :) Happy Monday!

Hi, I just linked my first Menu-Plan – in German, since I’m from Germany and that’s the language of my blog.
    Thanks for your great site – I enjoy reading it so much!

Greetings from Germany! CiC

Heather says:

Teriyaki Salmon sounds delicious. I’ve been hoarding fish recipes lately. Summer does that to me!

Melissa says:

You give me such great ideas, thank you. Also, thanks for hosting!

Stacy says:

Ravioli and cheese bake sounds good! I’ve made spaghetti and bow-tie pasta recently so ravioli would be a nice change.
    Stacy

debi b says:

mmmmm… that salad looks delicious! I might just have to try it. YUM!

dddiva says:

Oh your Ravioli bake looks really good thanks for sharing.

I second that over-cooked slow cooker chicken tastes bad.
    Blah.
    But how can I be sure that it’s thoroughly cooked? I’m a little paranoid about undercooking my meat, and it’s led to plenty of less than delicous meals….
    Would love any tips or tried and true methods anyone could share with me.

Chasity says:

Those BBQ Cheddar Chicken Roll-ups look sooo yummy, I think that may be on my menu next week.

Can’t go wrong with bacon and cheese dip. Thanks!

Amanda Y. says:

How can you all make sense of posts when they’re this way? I’m so confused, it’s overwhelming when listed 200 entries the way it is!

Mmmm Teriyaki Salmon in foil sounds yummy… last week I made Teriyaki Chicken in foil and it was amazing!

Enjoyed the podcast and hearing your voice. I agree with the rest of the menu planners, that salmon sounds great.

Kimberly says:

Appy night sounds FUN!

Marjorie says:

The Gourmet Scrambled Eggs sound delish. I think I’ll make them for my son for his breakfast on his birthday (Sunday).

Scrumptious says:

I agree with you, menu planning is the best. I’m so grateful to you for hosting MPM for so long. If I’d never started food blogging, I never would have learned about menu planning (I dabbled in it before but never did it with any regularity). And having the support of all the other menu planners, via your link round up every week, is a huge motivator for me to keep doing it.

Still not sure where this past week went…an appetizer night is a great idea! I’ll have to keep that in mind for next week.

Tina says:

Better late than never! I love apps-I could eat them everyday. Its like the movie Mermaids!

Laurel says:

I have been noticing our food costs dropping steadily as I stick with menu planning. Every little bit helps!

Tiffanee says:

You menu sounds delicious as always! Thanks for keeping me motivated. I didn’t plan last week and it was a nightmare!!

Tina says:

I agree! Your menu always sounds delicious! Maybe I’ll start using your menu a week behind you! LOL!

Crystal & Co says:

We are on a grilled salmon kick at our house… with summer and all. Totally gotta try the teriyaki salmon next week!

I just finished hearing the podcast, so nice to put a voice to your picture. I love how you started out allowing flexibility in moving around what you make depending on how your day goes. I do the same thing. Thanks for hosting this wonderfully motivating site.

I finally got my menu plan completed! Thanks for the encouragement!

Cristina says:

It looks like we’re both making some kind of scrambled eggs on Saturday. The BBQ Cheddar Chicken Rollups sound like something I might want to try with some of my leftover BBQ chicken this week. Thanks for the inspiration.

Alissabeth says:

Thanks for the linky!

I love appetizers and finger foods!

Mommy Cow says:

Yum, I love reading everyone’s menus to help expand my own. Looks like you have some delicious suppers ahead of you. I’ve gone simple this week as I know we’ll be super busy.

Mrs. Fuzz says:

I love summertime recipes!

Hello! I found your blog through Gayle at the Grocery Cart Challenge and decided to link up this week. I’ve enjoyed looking around your site and will have to come back.

screwdestiny says:

Loved your podcast!

Jenn says:

I love the idea of an appetizer night! Awesome!!

Alea says:

I forgot to link up yesterday. Better late than never right?

The terriyaki Salmon saounds delicious! I think that will be on my menu next week.

I am a little late but better late than never!! Posted my blog with menu plan for this week. :)

doni says:

I’m back but I messed up the link, accidentally linked to my craft blog first. OOOOPSIE, so sorry. I will get it right next week. I see a lot of great menu plans, off to browse some more and get some ideas for next week, Thanks!

Mary Johnson says:

The moment I found your page was like wow. Thanks for putting your effort in making this tutorial.

Comments