Menu Plan Monday ~ June 7th - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ June 7th

Hi everyone!  It’s been awhile since I introduced a new batch of Menu Plan Monday banners so I hired Restored 316 Designs to help me out by creating some new ones for us.  I think she did a fantastic job, so fun and fresh!  They add a nice variety to the ever growing selection!   So what do you think?  Feel free to use either of these on your blogs (or any of the others) when participating in MPM.

I’m in Alberta this weekend looking for a home to rent and it’s proving to be quite the difficult process.  You know me, I like simple and uncomplicated so I’m fighting the urge to pull the covers over my head and hide.  I’m trying to stay positive that tomorrow will be more productive than the last two days and we’ll find a home to move into for the first of July.

Oh and if you are wondering why I haven’t answered your email, that would be why :)

So here’s what I’ll be serving up for my family this week:

Monday: Out of town

Tuesday: Savory Spaghetti Sauce (a family favorite!) served on pasta

Wednesday: Baked Salmon served with broccoli and rice

Thursday: Pita Pocket Chicken Salad

Friday: Leftover buffet

Saturday: Shrimp and Basil Linguine

Sunday: Church Potluck ~  Twice Baked Potato Casserole

Have a great week!

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections are here.

Looking for more recipes?  Check out my Family Favorites Recipe Index!

Comments

65 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ June 7th”
    Sheena says:

I like the new banners!

Finding a rental home is so hard! I almost didn’t move somewhere because we couldn’t find a house. I was going to send my husband and stay behind for two years! Anyway- we finally found one thank goodness!
    I’m sure you will too.

Toni

keli says:

I love the new banner Laura!

Tiffany says:

The new banners look great. I hope you have good luck with the house renting. A friend just went through the same process. It can be stressful!

Kerri says:

I hope you have success finding a home to rent..how stressful that must be!
    My husband wants me to cook salmon so I’ll have to try your recipe out for next week.

Have a great week.

Christi says:

I hope you find a home soon! House hunting is so exhausting.
    Love the banners! I’ll try one of the new ones next week. :)

Good luck on your hunt! The Potato Casserole sounds yummy!
    Thanks so much for hosting MPM!
    ~Liz

Rachel says:

I really like the new banners–so cute! :)

I’m curious about this Twice Baked Potato Casserole. Checking it out now! :)

Alicia says:

Love the new banners, especially the first!

Wahoo! How fun to not be in the hundreds today for posting my menu plan. (I usually fall between 125 and 200 by the time I get back on to link back to your site. :-)) Thanks for hosting the MPM, Laura. I took advantage of some BOGO (buy one get one) sales at our local grocery store this weekend so I included a little summary in my MPM post about that. Love saving money and stretching the dollar!

Blessings ~

I like the first banner. Thanks for providing inspiration every week to plan my menu, even if it doesn’t always turn out as planned. Have a wonderful week and good luck finding a home.

Wow, Alberta….my stomping grounds LOL! The banner looks awesome! Praying you find a home soon!

Amy Walker says:

Thanks for the linky! I like simple too. Looking forward to checking out other people’s plans.

Kristin says:

Thanks for another menu planning Monday! I look forward to checking out others ideas!

Sherry says:

Love the new banners especially the first one! :D That chicken salad and twice baked potato casserole dishes sound delish! :D

Thank you for hosting this each week! I get so many great ideas and it helps keep me accountable.

Java says:

Searching for a home is stressful! Here’s good wishes that you find something that will work for you and your family!

Lora says:

Love the new banners~thank you!! And that baked salmon looks yummy, too!

Looking for lots of new chicken salad ideas for our picnics at the pool! Thanks! Good luck this week!

*~jo~* says:

have you tried this shrimp recipe before?? i always have the best intentions when making things like this, but THEY. NEVER.TURN. OUT!!! it’s frustrating!! bu then again, maybe i am just too hard on myself…the hubby and the girl seem to like what i try to make =) anywho…i am very particular about shrimp!! is this a good one to try??

Samara Link says:

G’morning! I just wanted to say hi and thanks for doing this. I haven’t linked a menu for the week just because I don’t cook everyday! It’s just me and my husband, and he travels a lot. He doesn’t like a prepared meal every night, preferring to opt for sandwiches and stuff. Which works out great because I have no desire to cook every night! I don’t eat meat and he does. So, we often end up making our own things. Anyway, that’s not even my point. I popped in to say I still totally love that you do this because I come here weekly to get inspiration for the things I do make! I love how people put little comments like vegetarian, on a budget, pictures, healthy, etc. I usually click on half a dozen blogs and find at least a few things I print copies of so I have them at the ready when I want to make something. It’s so nice! Of course, it’s been a fun way to share meal ideas with friends who do cook more often, and I’ve found a lot of blogs I really like and have started to follow from this page. Your blog is fabulous. I’m a big, big fan even though I’m fairly new to following you … maybe five months or so? So, thank you for Monday Meal Plan and for everything else you do! Best wishes on finding something you love in Alberta!! How exciting.

lindsey says:

Thanks for hosting again this week! Your menu looks great :)

Sharon says:

Love the new banners! :)
    Sorry it’s not so easy finding a new home. Good Luck! Hope something turns up soon for you & your family.

Hi! This is my first week posting my meal plan. In fact, it’s the first week I’ve ever ventured into the world of meal planning. Thank you so much for hosting!

Krisi says:

Good luck finding just the right place without to many problems. Your menu looks really yummy this week!

Rebecca says:

Thanks so much for hosting this. I’m brand new to blogging but like to weekly menu plan. I love being able to check out what others are doing. Always helpful to get ideas! Thanks again.

Love the new banners! Can’t wait to use them!

Hi Laura,

Hope your house hunt went well.

I had some menu flops last week. New recipes that I was creating so I can’t blame any recipe on the flop :-) This week will be pretty simple with some tried and true recipes including a family favorite- Navajo Tacos. YUM!

Tiffanee says:

It is hard to find a rental. I had to do the same thing 2 years ago and in a weekend!! Not fun. Good luck!! I pray that the right one for your family will come along TODAY!! You are so good to have a menu plan in place with all the craziness going on! Best Wishes!!

Megan says:

Good luck finding a rental home! It can be tough when there’s so much uncertainty!

Trish says:

Love the new banners! Thanks for hosting and your great recipes!

Veggiemomof2 says:

LOVE the new banner! Perfect for spring/summer & all the yummy fresh foods they bring!

heather says:

Good luck, Laura!!!

Tina says:

Love the new banners! Thanks!

Kristie says:

This is my first official Menu Plan Monday on my site!
    Thanks!

Tricia says:

I like the new banners!

Jenn says:

I really like the new banners, thanks!

I’ll join in on liking the banners and that twice baked potato casserole.
    Good luck on your house hunting.
    Wendy

Thank you for hosting, as usual! :) Ooh, I will have to check out the Twice Baked Potato Casserole….sounds very nummy!

Jen Gacek says:

Hi, I’m new to your blog. It’s so great to find other’s who post their menus too! I have been doing this for a few weeks now and it seems to be a hit. I also do a Tasty Tuesday where I post a recipe from that week’s menu along with pictures.

Hey, I’m in Alberta too!

I love the new banners. Especially the first one with its fresh and healthy style. :) Thanks for hosting!

Renee says:

Love the idea of Menu Planning and all of the blogs here that share their menus and recipes!!

This was my first time for Menu Planning Monday… very easy to use! Looking forward to finding some great recipes!

Thanks!

Your spaghetti sauce looks great! Thanks for the link.

Melissa says:

I’m a MPM newbie! I’ve added my link to Mr. Linky although I may not have done it correctly. I hope to be a regular on this circuit. I love menu planning for my family. Thanks for providing such a great resource for us working moms. :)

Crystal & Co says:

love the new banners!

Amy says:

Eating right while traveling is so hard! GL!!!

Love the new banners. I’ll never be able to choose each week which one I want to use!
    My menu this week is based on simplicity as I’m busy writing a couple of books (one of which is a cookery book), homeschooling, studying and building an educational website.
    Hope you have success finding a place to rent.

Heather says:

I just posted mine, a little late! I am new, but this is my 2nd time participating in MPM. I love it!! :)

I like the one with the fruit. Looks like summertime. :)

Ellen says:

Nice new banners!

Shelley says:

I can’t wait to try the chicken salad recipe.
    Thanks,
    Shelley

Shirley says:

Just found this site and realy excited to be joining Menu Plan Monday.
    THanks

colleen says:

the new banners are CUTE–can’t wait to use them!!!

I LOVE the new banners! Can’t wait to use the top one next week :) Thanks!!

Kathy says:

First time back for me after a long hiatus!

Tara V says:

Thanks again! I hope you search goes well and you enjoy the Alberta winters, I know my my girlfriends who moved to calgary from the lowermainland are not impressed with the winters!
    Good luck with that!

Emily says:

The new banners are awesome! I’m taking the week off meal planning (husband and son are out of town so I am faux-single and basically eating chicken & veggies the whole week, LOL!) but can’t wait to get back to it next week so I can use one of the new banners! Thanks :-)

Christy says:

Have a great week! thanks for doing this every week, gets me motivated even when everything else is crazy!

Corrie says:

It’s a good time to rent in Alberta – depending on where. I’m in Edmonton – good vacancy now through all levels. Good luck!

Love the new banners – the fruit one looks really fresh and inspiring!

Tifani says:

I hope that you find just the right home for you and your family. I am always stressed by uncertainty, and not knowing where you will live is quite uncertain.

Crystal & Co says:

I do your meal plan link up every week… doing so sent 240 visitors to my blog!

I featured your site on my blog today. Check it out and feel free to add my Featured @ Crystal & Co button to your blog. It is in my right sidebar.

Thank you for always offering the linky!

Becky Mc says:

Yay for menu planning!

Jenna says:

ok I added my link. ;) I love love love this blog and this menu monday carnival.

Mavis says:

I’ve gotten out of the habit of planning my menu and it has really showed. To higher food bills and frantic evenings. It’s amazing what a little planning can do!

Jennifer says:

Just joining in on MPM.. I love menu planning and I just started up my new blog last month.

Comments