Menu Plan Monday ~ June 21st - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ June 21st

Welcome to another planned week and thank goodness for a plan because I’ve got a crazy hectic week ahead of me.   School is winding up for us here (our last day of school is on June 29th) and with that comes many activities including my daughter’s grade 7 commencement.  I know many of you finished up school quite some time ago but here in Canada our school calendar year is a little bit different.

Two recipe highlights this week.  Homemade Macaroni and Cheese is so easy to make and so much healthier as well.  I use whole wheat pasta and light cheddar cheese.  I made mine slightly different from the recipe above in that I melted all the cheese into the white sauce and then added some cornflakes crumbs to the top.  I also halved the recipe and it fit perfectly in my Foldtuk dish.  Delicious!

The other recipe I really enjoyed (even though I had a little panic attack while making them) was the Pepperoni Pizza Wheels.  I’m the type of gal that needs very detailed instructions so when it came time to roll the pizza dough up I didn’t know if I was suppose to roll up the long end or the short end.  So I finally decided on the long end and then proceeded to make a huge mess trying to roll it.  I had flashbacks to my Pizza Braid disaster.  Sauce and pepperonis were falling out all over the place.  The good news is though that this recipe is very forgiving and by the time they were cooked you couldn’t even tell my goof ups.  These made for a terrific potluck dish because I made them up ahead of time and served them cold and they were still good!  They went so fast I didn’t even get a picture :)

Okay so before I jump into my menu plan, I just want to take a moment to welcome you if you are new to menu planning and offer you a great resource for getting started.  It’s a post written by Annie of Annie’s Eat called Menu Planning – Tips & Tricks and it has a lot of helpful information in it.

Here’s what we’ll be eating this week:

Monday: Black Bean Quesadillas

Tuesday: Fresh Broccoli & Chicken Pasta Toss

Wednesday: Picking up hubby from the airport ~ dinner out!

Thursday: My birthday!  Teriyaki Sirloin Steak served with baked potatoes and grilled peppers

Friday: Dinner at friends

Saturday: Garlic Pork Tenderloin with BBQ Sauce served with baby potatoes and corn on the cob

Sunday: Church Potluck ~  Tater Tot Casserole

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections are here.

Need more recipe ideas?  Check out my Family Favorites Recipe Index.

Comments

84 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ June 21st”
    Christi says:

I LOVE homemade macaroni and cheese! I’ve tried the kind you bake and the kind you just do on the stovetop, and I have to admit I’m a stovetop kind of gal. The kids, however, prefer Kraft. Sigh. :)

Tiffany says:

I can relate to your pizza rolls incident. I’ve had my fair share of messes putting together such things. The results are always worth it though.

Barbie says:

Have a happy birthday!

When it comes to mac and cheese, Pioneer Woman has a killer recipe. :D

Thanks for hosting this!

The mac and cheese looks great. Have a happy birthday!

I hope you have a GREAT Birthday! Looks like you have a wonderful dinner planned!
    Thanks so much for hosting!
    ~Liz

Kerri says:

Have a fantastic birthday! I sure hope someone else is making the birthday meal for you….;o)
    Have a great week.

Hope you have a fabulous birthday!

Veggiemomof2 says:

I have that mac & cheese recipe on my menu for this week. I’m going to add some chicken (i can’t serve it as a meal w/o meat.) I printed out the black bean quesadilla recipe for next week & we are having tater tot casserole this week too.

I love the idea of HEALTHY homemade macaroni & cheese. I made a batch of Martha Stewart’s homemade macaroni & cheese but it was on the opposite end of the spectrum in nutritional value. Thank’s for sharing, I can’t wait to try it!

Thank you for hosting! :)

Melissa says:

My husband LOVES Tator Tot Casserole! It was the first thing he ever made for me. :)

Thanks for hosting Menu Plan Monday! I linked up!

Chele' says:

Hope you have a fantastic birthday week!

Thank you for hosting this every week.

<3<3

Shawnee H says:

Birthday? Enjoy!! Finally back to posting a menu. And, testing the water for Mamavation support. Would love to hear comments/support at http://shawneett.blogspot.com

Lots of my meals this week are from my supper swapping group, http://chillmamas.blogspot.com

Robin says:

Happy Birthday!

Sherry says:

Tater Tot Casserole and homemade healthier mac & cheese are family fave around here! :D I put those pepperoni pizza wheels on our menu for this week. I can’t wait to try them.

Sherry says:

Happy, happy birthday! :D

Thank you so much for hosting this each week!!

Sheena says:

Pepperoni Pizza Wheels sound yummy!

Amy says:

Thanks for the linky! Have a great week!

Foodie Mama says:

Mac & Cheese….yum!!!

Happy birthday!

Um…I accidentally copied my website in twice (I’m #14) Is there a way to fix it? Here it is in case you can fix it. I’m so sorry!!

Heather says:

Loving the chicken and broccoli pasta. My 4 year old LOVES broccoli and it’s nice to break up the monotonous and unhealthy pasta with something so good with so many vitamins. Great recipe!

Amy says:

The mac & Cheese looks so good!!! Love great comfort foods :)

Jenna says:

Mmm…that fresh broccoli and chicken pasta dish looks good! I will have to try that sometime. We are big pasta eaters around here. Last week we tried a new recipe, Lemon Caper Chicken with Fettuccine, which was great! I tried a whole bunch of new recipes last week and posted recipe reviews of them this week. Thanks for hosting – I LOVE menu planning. It’s my favourite “chore”!

Alana says:

Hope you have a nice birthday!

Tina says:

That mac & cheese looks delicious!

Char says:

Mac and Cheese is one of my husband’s favorites! Have a great birthday.

Tina says:

Oh-duh-Happy Birthday!!

Crystal & Co says:

Happy Birthday! The steak dinner looks and sounds yummy!

Kristen says:

Have a very Happy Birthday!!!

Thank you so much for hosting this, and for the whole menu-planning idea! I had never thought about doing this until I read your blog, and last week went wonderfully! I’m really excited about continuing to menu plan!

Rachel says:

We’ve got tater tot casserole on our menu this week too! Great minds think alike ;-)

Happy Birthday! Love tator tot hotdish…my favorite childhood meal :)

Ooh, yum, that macaroni and cheese sounds delicious! It may have to make it to my rotation sometime soon :). I’m so glad you have this linkup, it forces me to stay organized and actually stay focused on meal planning since I also have them scheduled for my blog posting! A win/win :) Have a great birthday!

Starting the Clean elimination diet today – thank goodness for Menu Planning!

Racquel says:

Yum! Everything looks so good this week!

Yum! The mac and cheese looks delicious! :)

Karissa says:

This version of Tator Tot Caserole looks FABULOUS! Can’t wait to try it!!

Mary Ann says:

That mac and cheese looks really good! Thanks so much for hosting again this week!

Heather says:

That mac and cheese looks rad!
    I played along last Monday, but failed in execution. Sigh. This week is the week of lazies-be-gone!

Kimie says:

Menu planning Monday is great. Although I’ve been reading it for awhile I just put my first one up. :)

Also, I love mac and cheese… it’s one of the those comfort foods that you can never go wrong with! Looks delish.

Hope you have a wonderful birthday! :)

Who would think to mix Corn Flakes with a main dish? It may sounds bizarre but it works! I tried it before with other recipes. Corn Flakes has actually published a small recipe book using their product and many of the listed recipes are main dishes.

Enjoy your week and have a nice birthday! :-)

Laura says:

They work really well for a crunchy topping. I usually mix them with a bit of melted butter first to keep them from burning. Yum!!

Ohhh, Tater Tot casserole looks goooood.

Happy Birthday to you!

Pamela says:

Have a wonderful birthday!

I have one recipe link and a recipe written out in my post this week. Thanks for inspiring me to menu plan!

Denise says:

I think I may have made a mistake and posted the link twice. #271. Once with only part of the name, I think. Sorry about that. and I hope you have a Great Birthday!

Your menu looks great this week! Have a very Happy Birthday :)

Amy says:

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day and wonderful coming year (with a problem free move!)! Thanks so much for hosting the Menu Plan Mondays and for all your other posts as well. You are a wonderful (and much appreciated) inspiration!

Laurel says:

Thanks so much for your menu-planning ideas and efforts, Laura! This is really helping me stretch our food dollar and cut down on stress.

Shirley says:

I might have added myself twice as I put the wrong blog address in – Sorry!

LisaC says:

My mother-in-law gave me the tater tot casserole recipe years ago, but calls it “Presbyterian Casserole” because it is “meant” for church suppers. :)

Jessica says:

Wow ~ I think I can plan my menus for the next 2 years reading this linky list!! Heck it might take me a year just to get through it all lol. Looking forward to getting some new ideas! The kids and I are starting to get bored of my same old ideas week after week.

Comments