Menu Plan Monday ~ June 14th

Hi everyone!  I’m back from my little trip although with no news unfortunately.  We didn’t find a home there and haven’t sold our house here.  I can’t wait until the day (hopefully soon!) I get to share some good news with you for a change but I have to remember it’s in God’s timing not mine.

So today I’d like to share a little goody for my Canadian readers (please say hi & let me know where you’re from).  Erin from $5 Dinners put together a great resource of Canadian coupon sites.  Some of them I use myself and others were new for me.  Be sure to check it out and save big…Canadian Coupons and Deals.

Okay let’s see what else….oh yes my recipe highlight this week goes to the Twice Baked Potato Casserole and while I didn’t get to make it myself (house showings required us to simplify) my girlfriend did prepare it and couldn’t stop raving about it.  She said it was delicious and super easy to throw together.  Did anyone else try it?

Oh and before I get to my menu today, many of you will have noticed that I go to a potluck every week at the church I attend.  I absolutely adore potlucks, a true potluck that is where the dishes aren’t planned in advance you just show up with whatever.  Believe it or not we rarely have double dishes.  I love the variety of food, so delicious!  Anyway I found this great post called the Potluck Survival Guide with some helpful information about potluck preparation.  Hope it helps!  How do you feel about potlucks?  Love them or hate them?

So here’s what my family will be eating this week:

Monday: Homemade Mac ‘n’ Cheese (Happy Birthday Annie!)

Tuesday: Asian Pork Tenderloin

Wednesday: Hawaiian Pita Pizzas

Thursday: Leftover buffet

Friday: Beef Enchiladas

Saturday: Oatmeal Pancakes

Sunday: Church Potluck ~  Pepperoni Pizza Wheels

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections are here.

If you missed it, be sure to check out the great product I’m featuring over here to help you organize your really important papers.  We only need to sell 30 more Fridge Files for one lucky purchaser to win a $100 Org Junkie Shopping Spree!!

PS:  I’ve just added some AWESOME new products to my shop :)

photo credit: David Paul Ohmer

The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Comments

68 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ June 14th

Tiffany says

I hope you are able to find a house soon! Thanks for the link to the Potluck Survival guide. That sounds useful.

Christi says

I’m sorry your house hasn’t sold yet! It’s comforting to know God has a plan, isn’t it? Especially in the midst of waiting, one of the hardest things to do. I’ll be praying things work out perfectly one both ends of the house hunt/sale! :)

Sheena says

Pepperoni Pizza Wheels sound and look good.

Cynthia says

That twice-baked potato casserole sounds great. I tried a new burger recipe last week that was fabulous. If you’re looking for a great burger, check out my Marsala Burger recipe at http://thematzats.blogspot.com/.

Rita says

Tis the season for potlucks! Hope you have a wonderful week.

Liz@HoosierHomemade says

Sorry you didn’t have any luck with your house hunting!
    The Hawaiian Pita Pizzas sound yummy! I bet my gang would love them. Thanks so much for hosting another MPM!
    I just wanted to mention too, my new blog launched last week…It’s a Blog Party…I host a different linky every day! Tuesday is Delicious Dishes!
    ~Liz

keli says

Sorry to hear you haven’t had any luck with your house. I know that must be very frustrating. Your menu sounds wonderful. I’m going to check out the Hawiian Pizza Pitas! :)

Barbie says

I know that when God’s timing is right, things will happen so fast it will make your head spin. Hang in there.

Trixie says

Your menu sounds great this week, esp the tenderloin. I’ve always had trouble making tenderloin come out flavorful and this recipe sounds like it would solve that problem!

Potluck — oh how I love thee! When I was a teenager I went to a small church that had them regularly, they were so much fun! And, rarely a duplicate dish. Somehow it just works out that you have enough of everything. It was agony to sit through the sermon while you could smell all those yummy smells from the crockpots a few feet away.

Between family get-togethers, my work and church I attend a potluck about once a months — so much fun!

Trina@JoyAndContentment says

Thanks for the coupon links! I use a few of them, but there are others I’ve never heard of so I will certainly check them out for my shopping here in Nova Scotia! I find that most coupons are useless to me as most are for pre-packaged foods or others I just do not buy, but some of these links seem to be really good! Thanks!!

…See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains. James 5:7

Easier said than done, I know. Hang in there!

Katina says

Can’t wait to try the oatmeal pancakes!!!

Michelle says

We also have a potluck each week at church. We usually bring a salad of some sort :)

We have a morning service and then lunch and then an afternoon service.

Amy Walker says

Thanks for the linky! Can’t wait to check all these gals out!

M @ Betty Crapper says

Those oatmeal pancakes look great.

Thanks for hosting MPM; such a great place to find inspiration for the home cook.

Paula says

Hi Laura

I’m in Ontario, in the Upper Ottawa Valley. I love your site, it makes me accountable for my menus. I shop every two weeks, so if I stopped making menus I’d be lost.

Cindy says

Hello!! This is my first MPM!! I am so excited to join! I love reading all the menus. I can’t wait to try the pepperoni pizza wheels!

Deanna Piercy says

Our church does potlucks every Wednesday, although we haven’t attended in awhile. We do have a lot of good cooks in the congregation and I usually enjoy these dinners. The only issue I personally have is that I’m deathly allergic to mushrooms and so many casseroles use cream of mushroom soup. If there are plenty of other things, I will usually just skip the casseroles but if not, I’ll ask about ingredients. Some of the ladies know about my allergy and will volunteer this information before I even ask. One of the pluses of a small congregation. :)

Jessica (Cupcake Mommie) says

I’m into the pizza wheels and the oatmeal pancakes! Thanks for hosting this at such a busy time!!!!!!!

Christy says

Prayers are sent your way for the house selling and finding a new home for your family!

Marjorie says

I love potlucks! I think it’s a great way for people to get together. May have to start one in my area.

Savannah says

Hi from Ottawa, Ontario! thanks for the recipes; I’ve been looking for a good one for homemade mac and cheese for some reason it never turns out right for me!

Debbie says

Good luck with the house! Buying/selling can be so nerve racking!

Stacy says

My first week to link up – looks like a great place to find menu ideas!

Kelli @ 3 Boys and a Dog says

mmm Asian pork tenderloin! :-) I make the same but slightly different. LOL! :-)

Today is a busy day for me, with 3 giveaways going on at my blog and one just ended. Plus, I want to get some housework done and some posts scheduled. That is why I went with a VERY easy (cooks itself) meal for today. :-)

Andrea says

Good luck with the moving process : )
    ..Maybe God’s testing you in the patientce department?..who knows..hopefully you can relax before your rushed to get out of your current house : )
    ~Alberta fan

Alicia says

Thanks once more for hosting this!

Julia says

I see you are favorite breakfast for dinner on Saturday as well! Thanks for all the continuing inspiration.

Carmen says

I love your menu plans each week. I can’t get myself organized enough. Ugh. Sometimes I do it but some weeks I don’t. I wanted to tell you that I love your new profile pic. It’s nice to see you. :) I hope you sell your house soon.

Sharon @ UnfinishedMom says

Ooo. I want to try those Hawaiian Pita Pizzas. Hawaiian pizza is our very favorite.

Cara says

I love attending potlucks so I can bring my favorite dish, but I don’t enjoy hosting them. As a detail-oriented must-plan-everything type, I have trouble hosting them. I have a hard time planning what I need/want to make when I’m not sure what every one else is going to bring. Not everyone can/will tell you ahead of time what they’re going to make. As a result, I make too much (which kind of defeats the point of a potluck!) and there is way too much food! I’m working on being a little more go-with-the-flow in this area. We’re hosting a potluck get-together in a few weeks, so I’m definitely going to check out the link you mentioned about potlucks!

Hope you’re able to find/sell your house soon!

Sherry says

PRaying you can sell your house and find another soon. I’m sure it is very stressful.

Thank you so much for hosting this each week! :D I’m going to have to try those Pepperoni Pizza Wheels. :D

canadacole says

Hello from New Brunswick, Canada and thanks for the great links! I hope your search for your new home yields perfect results soon. :)

Christie says

Oh shoot, I’m sorry, but my impatience got the best of me… I’m posted as #155 and #156, just with different names. I guess I’m super excited about posting meal plans and staying accountable for serving deliciousness up every night at my house!

Christine says

Good to post after being gone a while. Good luck with your house. Ours was on market a month before anyone even looked at it. Then within a week, 6 people looked and we had two offers. I think it was because I actually “Let go and let God”. All in His timing, right. :)

Jolly Green Mommy says

I have definitely decided that there is little better than a really good homemade mac and cheese. Hope it’s a happy birthday.

dddiva says

Praying that you find a house soon- as I am sure you know, better to wait and get the right one than take a not quite right one.

Tina says

I’m late, but I made it finally! Good luck on the house search!

Tina says

oops, I linked the wrong one, the second one is correct!

Heather says

Oh yum, the Hawaiian Pita Pizzas sound so yummy and kid-friendly.

Marci@OvercomingBusy says

Sorry to hear that there is no news on the house! Praying that God gives you peace and patience through the transition.

Elizabeth @ MomCooks says

My boys are on summer break now, and I’m determined to give them a better breakfast than just cold cereal every day, and to make them a hot lunch like they were used to buying at school. So, my MPM post now has three meals a day!

Amy says

Ah, showings most definitely require simplification! GL!!!

Elizabeth says

My menu plan is sure to save my sanity this week! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Dema says

I am trying the Twice Baked Potato Casserole for the first time this week. It sounded so good! Great blog! I really like Menu Plan Mondays!

Kristen says

I’ve been following for awhile, but during the school year I never could seem to get my act together enough to actually attempt menu planning. Now, it summer, and I’m giving it a go! Thanks so much for the wonderful organization ideas!

Coley says

My first time linking up! Thanks for hosting this and inspiring me!

Andi says

Thanks for posting the coupon links – it’s always exciting to hear about Canadian deals! (I live in New Brunswick). Good luck with house hunting and selling – one day there WILL be good news to share!

Heather says

Awesome! Just the motivation I needed.

Alana says

Awesome menu, love the ideas. I need to be able to eat at home so I can try them!

Crystal & Co says

The mac and cheese looks awesome… went to her site to get the recipe and was sucked into her Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore recipe instead!

Yum!

Thanks for the link up. Would love to know how that mac and cheese turns out.

Kathy says

Just added mine.

Chef Owings says

I haven’t really ever did a menu for my own family. Guess it’s because I do it for clients.

Have a Blessed day

amy jones says

Laura, I just wanted to share a house story with you in order to encourage you. Our house had been on the market for just over a year. My husband has been working two hours away from home, coming home on weekends for a little longer than that. I have been out to look at houses about 5 times and couldn’t find one. We decided to rent so we started to have people look at it to rent. No one was interested in renting it either. A couple looked at our house on Thursday, made an offer on Friday, we countered on Monday they accepted on Tuesday, we went out on Saturday found a house(perfect for our family) offered on Monday, they countered on Tuesday we accepted on Wednesday. It was all in God’s perfect timing even though I was getting impatient. I will pray that your home will sell and you will find your perfect house all in His good timing.

Blessings, amy

Pamela says

Thanks so much for the Canadian links! I really appreciate this :)

Lindsay Hamilton says

Woo Hoo! Canadian coupons! Im a reader from Quebec Canada! Thanks for the link!

xo

Jen@Passport to Savings and Food says

Yummmm! The macaroni and cheese recipe looks tasty. I just made a different recipe last night using penne pasta noodles, since thats what we had and oddly enough one of my kids did not like it. Who doesn’t like mac and cheese??? Maybe she was just in a mood. Who knows? ;)

Julie says

My menu plan Monday post turned into a menu plan Tuesday post…doesn’t have the same sort of ring does it. Thanks for hosting such a great event!

Beth says

I was reading your blog-very fast cuz the kids are calling-and I read your last menu item as “Pepperoni Pizza Waffles” Made me take a second look :) Thought that might make you smile.

Lisa says

Thanks so much for the coupon links — I use most of them but there were a few new ones for me! :)

Good luck with selling/buying your house!

Love MPM….has made my life much easier!

Lisa — Thunder Bay, Ontario

Sandy says

Can you believe I have never made MAC and CHEESE?

What’s new in the book world? :)

Natanya @ Fete and Feast says

I’m so glad you found my Potluck Survival Guide useful! I used to hate potlucks but have come to enjoy them. I’m a huge fan of your site and lurk every Monday because I menu plan but don’t post my plans to my site – but maybe I’ll start doing that :-)

Comments