Menu Plan Monday ~ May 17th - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ May 17th

Hello, hello, hello!  We had a great weekend and enjoyed another picnic, this time at the lake.  I love picnics and relaxing with a good book in nature.  I also love stealing away from the computer and being unplugged for awhile.  So nice!  This was my lovely view:

A couple of weeks ago I posted a picture of my Cheesy Ham & Pasta Bake and a few of you asked about the dish I baked it in.

This casserole dish is the coolest thing.  When I had the chance to take it for a test drive I immediately knew I had to carry it in my shop.  Want to know why?  Check this out:

It’s collapsible and look how much space it saves! FoldTuk is the first and only collapsible bakeware that can be used in conventional, convection, infrared and microwave ovens due to its green and petroleum free Ceramber material.  It’s also dishwasher safe and comes in two different colors…I’m loving it!

For one week only I have put together a buy two and save bundle for my readers…get TWO 6 Cup Round Foldtuks for just $30 (reg $22.00 each)Click here to purchase.

Last week’s recipe highlight and new family favorite goes to the Chicken and Ravioli Carbonara.  So yummy!!

Okay so on to our menu this week:

Monday: Whole Wheat and Oatmeal Waffles

Tuesday: Have-It-Your-Way Tacos

Wednesday: Chicken Tortellini Skillet (I’ll also add some chopped peppers)

Thursday: Leftover buffet

Friday: Thai Beef Salad with Crispy Noodles

Saturday: Sassy Potato Corn Chowder

Sunday: Church potluck ~  Special Spinach Salad

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Don’t be shy, join us!

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections are here.

Comments

75 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ May 17th”

I have one of those containers from my sil and I love it! I love how it folds small for storage. Great menu this week!
    Toni

Tiffany says:

How cool is that! It collapses and you can bake in it. Very nifty!

Sharon says:

Every week my desire to eat at your house grows stronger. lol
    And those containers looks wonderful. I was surprised to read you can put them in the oven-genius!
    Thanks for all the links. Delicious recipes, as usual! Have a great week. :)

The steak salad looks great and easy, but the Foldtuk steals the show this week! Thanks for hosting!

That dish looks really neat! How convenient!
    Your menu looks yummy, as always!
    Thanks for hosting!
    ~Liz

What a great idea!!

Tifani says:

What an amazing view! I wouldn’t want to leave that spot!

Charla says:

Wow, that casserole dish is wonderful!

Molly says:

Hi, I just found you through another website and so far I’m lovin’ in! I, too, am an organizing junkie!! I have been since I was little. When I was a kid, even a teen, I LOVED cleaning my friend’s rooms. They never wanted to, but I’d beg and they’d cave in, lol. My husband and son accuse me to constantly changing things around to keep them confused. I try to tell them that as life changes, so do our organizing needs! They just don’t get it. You may like the pics of my newest bookcase in this post, http://molly-walkingthroughlife.blogspot.com/2010/03/theres-no-place-like-home.html Anyway, I love your Monday Menu and hope to join in next week (I already posted today). Anything to keep me on track with feeding my family something besides peanut butter crackers ;o)

Christi says:

I love that photo of you with the dish – too cute! And that lake view is just gorgeous. We don’t have anything like that in west Texas, for sure! :)

I love that casserole dish! How handy!

Kristin says:

My first time participating in Menu Plan Mondays!

Kerri says:

The dish is awesome…you menu looks delicious!! I am trying a few of your recipes out this week!! Looking forward to it. Have a yummy week.

Sherry says:

What a cool looking dish! Love that it is collapsible, so it makes it much easier to store, too! :D

Thank you for hosting this each week!

Love that dish. I’m always looking for cool new things to cook with! Love the pictures too!

Julie says:

I’m with Christy, we don’t have any view like that in East Texas either. :) You’re a lucky gal!

SnoWhite says:

Love that collapsible dish — very cool.

But… I think I like that lake view better! Do you get used to the mountains, or do they still take your breath away?

Laura says:

No they still take my breath away however where I currently live the mountains surround me on all sides so it can get a little claustrophobic sometimes.

Love the containers. Are they available in the UK?

My menu plan this week is based on things we have in the house as we have minimal funds available to purchase any food. It may have to change if I find things aren’t available (like the pork chops the dog stole and ate yesterday;-D).

Debbie says:

That dish is amazing! Anything collapsible gets my vote.

Vanessa says:

Yay for Monday! I love the casserole dish. Perfect perfection.

Sarah says:

This is my first time joining. Thanks for hosting!

Eden says:

This is my first Menu Plan Monday post, although I’ve done some menu planning before.
    I was interested to see tonight’s plan as we tried the recipe recently and I did something wrong because the waffles flopped – but I tasted the flop and it was yummy. Please post how they go. Everything else I’ve made from Leigh Ann (who posted the recipe) has turned out great. So I know it’s not the recipe. I just need to figure out what I did.

Hope says:

That is the COOLEST casserole dish! Amazing!

I’m on a roll! Two weeks in a row! Woo-hoo!

Granted, this week is mostly leftovers and simple (basic) dishes since the husband is out of town but still…

Crystal T. says:

I missed last weeks posting and thought I’d try again this week. I do better when I plan out my menu.

Jessica says:

Thanks for hosting MPM!!!!! I love coming here for ideas for my own menu!

Be sure to check out my vegetarian menu!

cresslife.blogspot.com

Melody says:

Wow, I like those containers! Bookmarked several recipes from this week to try later… though I have so many saved by now I’m not sure I’ll ever get around to them all. :) That Thai beef salad looks AMAZING. Thinking of trying out the waffles too… think you could substitute quick oats for old fashioned? Now I get to get to the non-cooking part of being organized…

Trina says:

I’m going to echo Christy and Julie — nothing like that view in Central Texas either! ;-)

I’d love to get a few of those dishes, but I’m pretty sure I’ve exceeded my “oooh, how cool, gotta have” budget this month. lol

Lee says:

Where is mr. linky? I can’t find him :(

Just a granny says:

OK – I am NOT SEEING the links for the menus – is there a problem (I am looking this site @ 1:51 PM/EDT)?

Pam says:

Yep, I don’t see the links either. Darn it!

Alison says:

I’m not seeing the links either. I have my post all ready to link up, but can’t find where to link it!

Great containers by the way!!!

I cannot find the mr or mclinky. Here’s the link to my this week’s marvelous menu.

Leah says:

The Thai beef salad with crispy noodles recipe looks easy and yummy. It’s on my list of Recipes to try :)

I have not tried one of these bowls before but it looks amazing!

Christy says:

I’m going to make crepes this week. I’ll post the recipe after I make them!

Rachel says:

Great photo! :)

Your week sounds yummy–as usual! I’m going to check out that Chicken & Ravioli Carbonara and the Chicken Tortellini Skillet! :)

I like your waffle recipe, but will opt for the pancakes because we currently don’t have a waffle maker. I’m trying to cut out breakfast cereals, so I love all breakfast ideas! Thanks.

Shelley says:

I love your menu planning monday posts, it’s very informational especially when you disklike cooking the same thing week after week.

Thanks for the spinach salad link — I’m saving that recipe for when we are able to harvest more spinach from our garden!

Alicia says:

I am new to blogging and posting on Menu Plan Monday, but a long time
    reader of all the great blogs that link up here every Monday!

Amanda says:

This is my first time posting. I tried planning once before, but with an ever changing schedule, its is sometimes easier to fly by the seat of my pants at night. I am hoping it will work this week.

Cool bowls! My little guy is 2 and isn’t a fan of casseroles, but we cannot wait till he starts liking them.

Wish me luck! I love the resource of recipes and I look forward to changing up our dinners!

Thanks!

Teri says:

Our’s is a little rough this week…glad to see some people are having a normal week. Thanks for the meal plan!

Amy says:

I am loving the self discipline that blogging about my menu plan and linking here is giving me. Three weeks in a row! :) Thanks for the motivation!

Lauren says:

I am making a commitment to myself and my family to menu plan each week. I linked up for the first time today!

Samantha says:

I’m def. going to try some of these!

Sam

Becky McCord says:

Hi! I’m new to Menu Plan Monday! Thanks for having me!! My sis-in-law, Miss Mommy invited me!

Tiffanee says:

Collapsable!! Amazing and brilliant! That view from you picnic is gorgeous!! You menu sounds really delicious as usual!! Have a wonderful week!

Ellen says:

Hopefully I can stay on track better this week… Thanks for organizing this!

Sarah says:

I have a fun green and white dish just like that one! I love it!

I love space saving dishes…heaven knows I need to save all the space I can! :)

The pasta / ham casserole looks like something my boys would dig right into. Love your photo from the mountains. I’m jealous! Thanks for featuring our Have-it-Your-Way Tacos. Hope you & your family love it.

Jennifer says:

I love MPM it forces me to have some type of general direction…. this week I am trying to use up some of the freezer stuff.

Lisa Staples says:

Tara V says:

Thanks again…as always it all looks so good!

tamara says:

I am out because of the time difference between when you post and I get access to post as it is Tuesday here, I blogged on Monday and now it is tuesday evening. I hope everyone has a great day.

Audrey says:

I posted about your blog on mine yesterday :)

dawn says:

what a great idea! i just happened upon this site and would love to add my blog to the list of meal planners! my blog is http://www.eveythingisbetterwithcheese.blogspot.com and i post my menu and one recipe each week. hopefully one day soon i will incorporate pictures too. :)
    dawn

Sharon says:

Just getting around to link up. What a great view of the lake and the mountains- just beautiful!

I’m having Tamara’s problem – I post my menu plan Sunday night or Monday morning, Australian time, but can’t link it up until Monday night because of the time difference – so I often forget!!

laura says:

Just linked up….a day late….thanks for your great site!

Marilyn says:

I spent the weekend at a rug hooking retreat by a gorgeous lake. It is called Bear Lake and the water goes from an incredible blue to turquoise. I love the water–especially the ocean.

Comments