Menu Plan Monday ~ April 12th - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ April 12th

Hello everyone!  Wow did that week ever go fast.  The last of my company left on Saturday and I’ve slowly been getting myself organized again.  My email is absolutely insane though and I’m almost even too scared to tackle it.   Oh well, slow and steady wins the race is what I always say!

The Meal Makeover Moms

A couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of being interviewed by the lovely ladies over at Meal Makeover Moms.  I really love this site and highly recommend it for yummy healthy recipes!  We talked everything menu planning and just in case you are interested I wanted to pass along the link to you.  Listen here: Menu Planning 101 with the Organizing Junkie and you can find their delicious recipe for Teriyaki Salmon in Foil and more helpful tips here.  Enjoy!

Last week’s recipe highlight goes to the Taco Pasta!  An excellent potluck meal or if you are looking for a meal to take to a family in need.  Simple ingredients, quick to throw together and it tasted nummy :)

So here’s what’s on our plan for this week.  All new recipes again, I’m so excited!

Monday: Garlic and Lime Chicken served with french fries

Tuesday: Veggie Tortellini Bake

Wednesday: Corny Salmon Cakes served with spinach salad

Thursday: Leftover buffet

Friday: Sassy Potato Corn Chowder served with bread machine Honey Oatmeal Bread

Saturday: Spring Shrimp Pasta

Sunday: Church Potluck ~ Sweet and Tangy Meatballs

Don’t miss out on your chance to win a set of eight Clearly Organized Bags!

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections are here.

Comments

71 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ April 12th”

Thanks for the linky!

Sheena says:

Thanks for sharing. I love your site!

Christi says:

I’m a sucker for anything with garlic, so I got excited when I saw your garlic and lime chicken on the menu – I’ll have to try this one!

Thanks for doing this.

Those corny salmon cakes sound intriguing. I’m excited that we’re getting closer to corn season.

I may have led duplicate links. Sorry. Too much multi-tasking and I didn’t catch that it can take a minute to show up. :(

Lynn says:

I am so glad that you enjoyed the taco pasta! My kids love it and I am glad to hear that others agree. And I need to tackle my email too this week. As soon as I start to get caught up on email, I get more. :)

Yum! The Shrimp Pasta and Lime Chicken sound divine! Thanks so much for hosting!
    ~Liz

Oh my word, those corny salmon cakes look delicious! Hoping my family will be up to trying those soon! I love salmon and am always looking for new recipes.
    Thanks!
    Toni

Melissa says:

The garlic and lime chicken sounds especially good! And as always, thanks for hosting MPM!

Sherry says:

I added the taco pasta to my menu this week! I can’t wait to try it!

What great timing! I was eyeing some salmon cakes at Costco yesterday.. but they were so expensive. I’m going to save that salmon cakes recipe for later. Thanks so much!

So glad to hear you liked Lynn’s Taco Pasta–it’s on my menu plan for next week. :)

Lime chicken is a favorite at our house. Thank for the linky. I always look forward to MPM!

Gotta try that Lime Garlic Chicken!!!!!!!!!

Kerri says:

I love having a whole week of all NEW recipes. It really does keep things interesting.

Good Luck and enjoy!!

Rachael says:

That lime chicken sounds fabulous!

Alex says:

waw..it looks delicious. Many thanks!

Laura
    Those salmon cakes with corn look great. We love salmon cakes and I just saw a recipe on the Food Network with Giada and she had corn in hers. I also saw an idea in Cooking Light for gf breadings using Potato Buds(which now are labeled gluten free on the front of the package). I’m thinking salmon cakes coated in Potato Buds would be pretty yummy.
    Wendy

Tifani says:

I’m so happy to have found your site!

Laura, you were an awesome guest on Cooking with the Moms. You inspire us all to menu plan and get more organized! Glad you’re enjoying our recipes too!!

*~jo~* says:

mmmmm…i am so trying that garlic and lime chicken!! :) thnx!!

Thank you for Hosting Menu Plan Monday. I had never menu planned before I found your meme and now do it every week. I started my blog on June 12, 2009 and my first week to menu plan was the June 22- 28. I had planned the night before what we would eat the next day but planning weekly has worked better for me. I follow the pantry principle so planning the night before wasn’t too hard either.

Chris says:

I love your website!!!
    I check it out every Monday morning to see what everyone else is cooking…..great site :)

Jessica says:

My first meal plan ever! So excited to share it.

Laina says:

I’m so excited to be participating this week! We’ll be trying the taco pasta in the next couple of weeks. Thanks!

Tina says:

I am so happy to finally be a part of this! I hope I did it right, I’m still trying to figure everything out!

The meatball recipe looks great! We are expecting company on Friday night and I haven’t finalized our menu. Last night I was searching for a meatball recipe- I think the one you linked will fit the bill. Thank you!

OH that Garlic/Lime Chicken sounds delicious!

Rachel says:

mmm…that garlic lime chicken sounds delish! I’m always searching for new ways to spice up chicken, so I am going to look at that right now.

Ellen says:

This is my first week trying MPM out! Thanks!

This week’s menu sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing with us! :D

Amber says:

The tortellini bake sounds amazing!!!
    BTW I posted the wrong link to my meal plan(The Lonely Baker #237)I couldn’t figure out how to remove it. Sorry!!!
    Amber

Lisa says:

The tortellini bake sounds great, thanks for linking that! I will be trying that next week! Hope your daughter’s birthday went well! Have a great time with your family, and again thanks for providing the link!
    Blessings,
    Lisa

jeanne says:

My children love the honey oatmeal bread! If you have leftovers it makes great frenchtoast!

Thanks so much for hosting this! I just posted my meal plan! :-)

Sela says:

Tasty looking recipes as usual! Thanks for hosting MPM :)

Bibi says:

Great menu. The sweet and tangy meatballs sound awesome.

I added link up to my weekly dinner menu for the first time today. I didn’t know you have one going. Come over and link up to mine if you like.

trina says:

Hi! It’s my first time! I’m all excited about all your meal plans. Thanks so much for sharing, Everybody, and for orchestrating, Laura. I just added my plan. (It’s vegan.)

Shawna says:

Ohh Yummy! We are trying some new recipes this week too! N is a little hesitate but I LOVE trying new things. Actually my asparagus stuffed chicken in the oven as we speak!

Julianna says:

So happy to have found this site! I’ve been menu planning for a couple of years but I’m always looking for new ideas!

Hope says:

Love seeing all the menus! I posted mine tonight for the first time and then saw this on a friends’ site. :)

Lara says:

I’m loving your site! I’m just curious, is there a way to edit my entry? I accidentally forgot to change the title on the McKlinky from an entry I made on another site (the link is correct). If not, no big deal.

I can’t wait to try fried polenta this week. :) I hope it is as good as I have imagined it to be.

Charla says:

We have salmon cakes (patties) two or three times a month. I’ll have to try putting corn in them. That sounds good.

Lora says:

Laura,
    So glad you’re trying the Garlic & Lime Chicken! I know you’ll love it! Thanks for linking:)

Lora says:

P.S. We are also having salmon patties this week and I love the idea of adding corn~think I’m going to try that! Glad you *suggested* it!

Lauren says:

This is such a great resource and I’m so glad I stumbled upon it.

tamara says:

Love you menu this week. Hope you have a great week.

Libby says:

The salmon cakes looks like something I’d love to adapt for my son’s allergies. Thanks for the Makover Mom link!

Adrianne says:

Thank you so much for hosting this every week I get so many ideas from it that it makes me actually want to spend a little bit of time in my kitchen!!

Michelle says:

Hey Laura –

Thanks for linking up our meal plans, @ScatteredMom does a great job every week!

Cheers –
    Michelle

Your site is such an inspiration. I really helps motivate me to take that extra bit of time each week to plan a menu plan. I have always been glad I did!

laura says:

I linked but accidently used the wrong name!! no slow cooker chicken taco soup on my menu plan – sorry!

Erica says:

Very late submission, but here I am again, and happy to be MPM-ing!

Just wanted to share with you that I made a Pretty Floral Menu Planner form posted on my blog that anyone is welcome to download and use. I like my things to be pretty & floral if I can help it. :o)

Thanks again Laura! MPM is helping my home SOOO much!

Lisa says: