Menu Plan Monday ~ March 8th - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ March 8th

How is everyone today?  Hope you’ve all had a chance to get your menu plans completed for this week.  My “simplified” menu plan worked beautifully last week for us and so I’m going to keep it up.  Nothing too heavy, lean on the meats, big on flavor, healthy and quick to prepare.  I’m spending a little more time looking for recipes than I normally do but hopefully once I build up my recipe stockpile using this criteria things will speed up a bit.

I have to tell you about two recipes from last week that were absolutely delicious.  I highly recommend the Basil Tortellini Soup and the Pepperoni Pizza Pie.   I brought the Pepperoni Pizza Pie to the church potluck today and it was really good and I loved how quick and easy it was to make.  Next time I would mostly definitely double it.  And no I didn’t make the crust from scratch :)

Helpful Menu Planning Links:

5 Secrets to the Perfect Family Meal Plan @ Raising Healthy Eaters

Menu Planning on a Budget @ Money Saving Mom

So here’s what we’ll be eating this week:

Monday: Dinner at a friend’s house, sweet!

Tuesday: Cinnamonlicious French Toast served with fresh fruit

Wednesday: Teriyaki Salmon in Foil served with perogies

Thursday: Leftover buffet

Friday: Maple Rosemary Chicken served with rice and broccoli

Saturday: Spud Special Soup served with Bread Machine Wheat Bread

Sunday: ~ Church Potluck:  Mushroom Chicken Tetrazzini

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections are here.

Comments

50 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ March 8th”

That pepperoni pie looks like something my mom use to make, but she called it something different. Yours looks delicious!
    Toni

I think I’m stuck on #13! I have been in that slot for 3 weeks now.
    The Cinnamon French Toast sounds yummy! Thanks so much for hosting!
    ~Liz

Lynn says:

Your pepperoni pie looks great! I am so glad you liked it. I also make a crustless version so that it is gluten free, and it works well. Your menu plan for the week looks great.

yum! That Pepperoni Pie looks awesome!

In the Bag says:

I completely missed my menu planning last week due to travel for work and then the attack of the stomach flu. This week I’m really happy to have a guide because without one last week I survived but noticed the difference in my general stress level. I love the idea of simplified menu planning and thanks for sharing those recipes. I know my family would like the pepperoni pie.

Julie says:

Thanks so much for your website ane encouragement. It is a blessing to me (and my family!). : )

Tricia says:

That French toast looks great!

Denise says:

Laura, Laura, Laura, the temptation of that pie just might be too much for me! I might have to play with making a low carb version of that. Oh my, I sooo hate to find new dishes. ;)

Thanks for the mention. I’ll have to start posting my weekly meal plans ; )

Oh I love the look of that Basil Tortellini soup!! I’ll have to keep that in mind for lunch during the week if I can find some ready made tortellini on sale.

Hiptobeme says:

I am trying to be more diligent in my menu planning/scratch cooking. Wish me luck!

tamara says:

I have very simple menu this week. Only a couple of links. Got to do these things when DH is away and I am flying solo.

Mrs. Fuzz says:

the pizza pie looks interesting! I’ll have to give it a try

Martha says:

Great menu plan Laura! Thanks for the additional helpful links. Have a great week! :-)

Kelly says:

Laura,
    The Teriyaki salmon in foil looks like a winner! I’ll have to try that one out next week!

Libby says:

Wow, I can’t wait to check all these out!

Debbie says:

The community you bring together here is fantastic, Laura. Keep up the great work!

Tara says:

@ Debbie ^^ – I agree!

Laura, that pizza pie looks fantabulous and I bet my kiddos would love it (for any meal)! I’ve got it on my menu plan for next week. :-)

Loving the looks of that pie!

And I hope you enjoy the Maple Rosemary Chicken. We had it again this weekend!!!

Erin

Martianne says:

Okay, so the fench toast is a recipe I will have to try next week, This week we are focusing on soaked grain brakfasts as part of our personal no-cereal-for-breakfast challenge.

That salmon looks great! I can always use a new fish recipe:-)

Hannah says:

Hey! Thanks for the great linky and menus again!

I need some yogurt and pita bread recipes and tips from anyone tht makes them!

Also have a giveaway ending tonight and three more! Hope my menu friends will enter!

God bless your week!
    ~Hannah

Marjorie says:

My first week menu planning. I’m so excited! Woohoo!

Alea says:

The pie looks incredible. I will have to add it to our line up when I return from vacation. This week our menu is driven by the need to eat all of the perishables before we go!

That pepperoni pizza pie looks delicious! My kids would go for that!

~~Rhonda says:

I will have to try the pepperoni pie. Here’s a hint for store bought crusts (which I personally like to use for savory pies). When the pie shell is thawed, and before you bake it, go ahead and crimp the edges just as you would a homemade pie crust. Makes it look that much more appealing. :) ~~Rhonda

So glad I found this! I have been trying to get the dinner thing organized for awhile now! lol And your menu looks super yummy! :D

Wanda says:

Gonna be a day late this week with my menu as I been knee deep in wedding plans! My daughter is getting married today! We spent the weekend making her wedding cake – three tiers with fondant icing! My first time with fondant. Will share photos later as we documented the entire endeavor!

Yum—that pepperoni pie is making my tummy grumble for lunch!

I read you post about seasons of life yesterday – beautiful and so true. We can’t plan every moment and sometimes we simply must be in the moment, even the trying ones.

Blessings to you and I LOVE that your kids got so excited about planning their time/schedules! Such an important life lesson to learn!

*~jo~* says:

mmmmm…that pepperoni pizza pie looks divine! great, now i’m hungry!! :) stop by and see what i am giving away in a couple weeks!! :)

Money Funk says:

MPM: Weight Loss Happy

I am making teriyaki salmon this week, too. Going to check out your foil method there. ;)

Still working on this week’s menu. Thanks for the inspiration. The pizza pie looks great. :)

I thought of you as I made this easy dessert for friends yesterday. It took minutes to prepare and then stayed in the fridge for a day to hang out until I was ready to serve. http://melissa-ididit.blogspot.com/2010/03/easy-dessert-banana-cream-dessert.html

I’m not new to menu planning – but this is my first time to post and link up a meal plan! I love your site and hope I can get motivated to become a more consistent meal planner!

Robin says:

I made the Basil Tortellini Soup too, and as much as we love soups around here, we found it to be just “okay”. I made it on Friday, and since we observe Lent, made it with Vegetable Broth instead. Maybe that was the problem? Love many of your meal ideas though! I’ve gotten many new recipes and website favorites from you, Laura. Thanks!

Becky L says:

I’m working on my menu today. I know I’m cooking something with shrimp tonight and sausage soup tomorrow. I hope to get two weeks planned today as I’m bad at this but better when all meals are planned.

I worked on cleaning my computer area more last night. It’s still needs some tweaking to make it better. I’m staying home today and getting caught up on stuff. I’m behind and just need it today!!! Thanks for your inspiration!!

Chalena says:

Thank you for the encouragement to do a weekly menu. I have really enjoyed the hunt for deals and my family loves knowing what is for dinner. They have even stopped asking me over and over and over!

Sammy says:

Trying the tortilini soup Sunday! It looks delicious, thanks for sharing! :)

Petra says:

I am so excited to find your blog. Organization is my focus for the month of March and I was specifically looking for someone who did a Menu Plan Monday! Yay! I look forward to reading your tips and learning some new things. :)

purple moose says:

Wow–I know it’s been said before, but that pepperoni pizza pie looks wonderful!! Maybe we’ll give it a spin.

Better late than never getting my menu planned. Spring allergies stink but I sure am glad I’m still able to pull meals from the freezer to just heat up and serve!

The Pepperoni Pizza Pie looks very tempting! I love your Menu Plan Monday as it helps the readers plan theirs as well.

Sweet blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Many thanks

Comments