Menu Plan Monday ~ March 29th Easter Week - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ March 29th Easter Week

I have been so very excited for this week to arrive and have been counting down the sleeps thinking it was never going to get here.  On Friday not only does my hubbie come home for Easter but my brother and sister (plus two little nieces!) arrive as well all the way from Ontario!   I’m so thrilled to have so many people I love all in one place, such a treat for me and to have two little ones running around again, ahhh let the spoiling begin :)

So I’ve got a few more days to get organized and pull it all together.  I’m also planning for my daughter’s 13th birthday next week (rock star party) so I have a lot going on.  Thank goodness for lists starting with my menu plan list!   I do not want to waste any time while my family is here worrying about what’s for dinner.  Bring on the elastic waist pants!!

Monday: Black Bean Quesadillas

Tuesday: Shrimp, Tortellini & Spinach

Wednesday: Hearty Chicken Pesto Pizzas

Thursday: Leftover buffet

Friday: Everyone arrives!  To keep it simple I’ll be making Slow Cooker Meat Sauce served over pasta and alongside Bread Machine Garlic Bread.  Dessert will be Apple and Pear Crisp Fake-Out.

Saturday:

Breakfast ~  Cinnamon Roll Muffins

Lunch ~  Grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup

Dinner ~  Coconut Chicken served with Rosemary Rice and broccoli

Easter Sunday:

Breakfast ~  Baked Apple Pie Oatmeal

Lunch ~  Egg Salad Sandwiches

Dinner ~  Slow-Cooked Ham, Special Twice Baked Potatoes, Creamy Vegetable Casserole, Coconut Angel Squares, and my girlfriend is bringing buns and salad.

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections are here.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

Comments

54 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ March 29th Easter Week”
    Sharon says:

I’ve never been first! LOL. Wow. I like the time change. ;)

I hope you have a wonderful Easter. I can tell you’re excited. Enjoy the time with your family! :)
    And Happy Birthday to your daughter, in advance!

Kerri says:

I have that same family plate!

Sounds like you’re going to have a really blessed week. Enjoy every second.

So happy for you to see your husband!! And for Easter no less- yea for you!!

Thanks for this great blog- we all love it!

SnoWhite says:

what a great looking week! I love twice-baked potatoes :)

Happy Easter!

Those Cinnamon Rolls Muffins look like a MUST try! Hope you have a great time/Easter with your family!

In the Bag says:

Wow – it sounds like you have a very busy week coming up. My Christmas holidays are a lot like yours and I couldn’t survive them without some serious menu planning.

I just wanted to say “Thank You!” for helping us all stay motivated to plan our menus, even at the most hectic of times, and for giving us a great place to share them.

Happy Easter!

Cynthia Matzat says:

I goofed when I posted today. I posted from my school computer which had some old info saved. I tried to repost, but it wouldn’t let me. It should have said What’s for Dinner (recipes w/photos), not What’s for Dinner (Golden Mushroom Pork Chops). Just in case anyone cares. :)

Christi says:

Happy Monday, everyone! I looked at some of the MPM’s from last week when I was planning my menu for this week, and got some great ideas!

Valerie says:

Hi everyone! You may be wondering why the switch of blogs from my usual website url?? I know I usually post Menu Plan Mondays on my family blogsite, but I have started another blog for moms BY moms called Village of Moms. I will be posting all of my recipes and menu plans from now on at that new blog (villageofmoms.blogspot.com), but I will still be updating my other family blog as usual. Thanks for bearing with me! I look forward to seeing everyone’s menus this week . Happy Easter to those who celebrate it! :)

Melinda says:

I was going to make mashed potatoes for Easter dinner but after seeing the picture of your twice baked ones I may have to try a new recipe.
    Thanks for sharing!

Lisa says:

I hope you have a wonderful week! I looked at your coconut chicken, I will have to try that next week! Enjoy your family, and your husband coming home! SO excited for you this week! Oh, and hope planning goes well for the birthday party!
    Blessings,
    Lisa

Dawn says:

I’d like to try the Bread Machine Garlic bread this week instead of the regular bread I was planning for our spaghetti and meatball night.

Enjoy having all your loved ones with you!

MMmm..that all sounds so good! You sure are going to have your hands full with all your company!

Here is what is on my meal plan for the week:
    Sunday was Lasagna with garlic bread
    Monday- Farmhouse chicken with carrots and rice
    Tuesday- Salsibury steak, roasted potatoes, corn
    Wednesday- Zesty chicken tortilla bake
    Thursday- Homemade wings and fries
    Friday- Pizza (homemade dough)

Beth says:

Those twice baked potatoes cook delicious! Have a great holiday!

Dusty says:

Mmm…those potatoes look delicious! Happy Passover!

Looks like a great Easter week that you have planned!!

*~jo~* says:

twice baked potatoes for Easter?? what a great idea!! and i love anything with black beans so your Quesadillas sound yummy!! :) thnx for the links!!

Rachel says:

Twice baked potatoes are one of my favorite things! Yours look just like the way my Granny makes them :)

Stephanie says:

I hope you get a chance to enjoy your family and have a great Easter! Those potatoes look awesome!

Rita says:

Your menu looks wonderful as usual. May you have a wonderful celebration of the Lord’s resurrection this Sunday!

Nikki says:

Love the twiced baked potatoes. Thanks

Those potatoes look so yummy!

Letti says:

I too am getting ready for a birthday party. It will be in April but I need to come up with a theme still. Thanks for doing this too.

Char says:

Happy Easter! Looks like we have just about the same thing on tonight’s menu!

MemeGRL says:

I giggled at your “Easter week” header followed by meat sauce on Good Friday! We had to juggle one of our Friday obligations this Lent, too.
    This is a very lazy week for me dinnerwise so we can prepare for the holiday…I know you all will have an unusual one this year but I hope it is wonderful!

Hoppy Easter to All! I’m trying the cinn bun muffins for sure. We are packing up to go celebrate Easter in Nova Scotia. A true easter egg hunt outdoors at the farm. Enjoy your holiday with the family.
    Becki

Oh your menu is to die for this week. I am going to bookmark this post so I can refer back to it in a few weeks. I think Tuesday’s dinner and Saturday’s dinner will be on my menu real soon.

Thanks for hosting and sharing!
    ~Cate

Opps, my computer has a mind of it’s own. You can delete #206. It went out before I was finished typing.

Love menu planning!

RobMonroe says:

My first time participating… thanks for a wonderful way to find new ideas!

Melissa says:

Hope you have a wonderful week! Chicken pesto pizza sounds delicious to me!

Jill says:

Can’t wait to get back on track in the month of April with home-cooking!!!! Thanks for the kick in the rear!!

I also love the looks of those twice baked potatoes. Delicious! Have a wonderful Easter.

Honey says:

I just need to tell you how much I love Menu Plan Monday. It is helping me so much. Your menu for this weeks sounds delicious. I am checking out loads of the recipes you included. Thank you so much.

Happy Easter!

Blessings
    Honey

~~Rhonda says:

Mmmm…I love tortellini and shrimp. Will have to try that recipe soon. Thanks for the links! I also bookmarked the pear/apple crisp. So easy and sounds so delicious. I might add the smallest grating of fresh nutmeg for an added layer of flavor. Thanks for all the work you do to maintain MPM and your other blogging efforts. ~~Rhonda :)

What a great plan! I am thinking about my own version of that tortellini for my menu next week – I’ve got tortellini in the cupboard and spinach in the garden. I think I can make it work!

Your Easter sounds like it will be very special. Have a very happy week!

Irene says:

A blessed, meaningful, renewing and joyful Easter to you and your loved ones.

Rebecca says:

Your menu sounds great and it sounds like you will have a wonderful holiday weekend!

You are going to love the Cinnamon Roll Muffins that I posted! We devour them each and every time I make them! My mouth is watering just thinking about them!

Ginger says:

I hope that you have a wonderful Easter! The cinnamon roll muffins sound really good. I might just have to make them!

LOL – gotta have the elastic waist pants! Me, too: 3 birthday celebrations and Easter all in one week. Like you, I’m so thrilled to see my parents, my sister, 4 nieces and one nephew. It’s going to be great week. Enjoy!

mrs spock says:

Lots of good recipes to try on your list this week- thanks!

Angela says:

I’m going to try your bread machine garlic bread. Looks like a marvelous week, and boy, do you have some great reasons to celebrate – HAPPY EASTER!!

Pip says:

Happy Easter! Keep your fingers crossed for <+10 weather!

SilverMoon says:

Heh, great minds! We made Cinnamon Scrolls for Kids Cooking Thursday last week. I, too, had a giggle at the meat sauce on Good Friday. I recently read a recipe where you make a pizza, and then roll it up like a swiss roll, and bake in the slow cooker. That recipe had pepperoni, but could easily be turned into vegetarian pizza for a meatless slow cooker meal.

I’m so glad you will have some time all together with your family! Happy Easter!

Rona says:

I had no idea that Easter was this weekend. I that tired and that busy.
    You have a terrific Easter and a Happy Birthday to your daughter.
    Gotta get back to “Law and Order” on TNT!

Charla says:

Laura, what a great site! This is my first time here. I like your emphasis on family. My family is such a blessing in my life! :)

Nat says:

Hi Laura,

We had twice baked potatoes for dinner last night, we call them blood and guts potatoes (eeewww I know) because they are topped with tomato sauce (or ketchup as you guys probably say). I’m going to try post them on my blog today.

And again another great menu, glad to be part of MPM.!!

Nat says:

Oh and PS…I’ve just printed out the recipe for the baked apple pie oatmeal!!

Guess what we’re having for breakfast Easter Sunday!!!!

Mrs. Fuzz says:

I love this.

Happy Easter!

Pam says:

What a great idea…keeps me motivated to keep at it. Thank you!

Just a quick and easy menu plan this week-nothing too exciting actually. I just like doing them because it forces me into some accountability :)

Not cooking too much this week as we travel to our family for the holidays (so I won’t be doing all the cooking!). I’ve added a breakfast plan too though this week in an attempt to get more exciting starts to our days!

Sharon says:

We just enjoyed our Easter dinner and the twice baked potatoes and the Coconut Angel Squares were an absolute favorite! Thanks Laura for such great ideas!

Comments