Menu Plan Monday ~ March 1st

Hi all!  This week is the start of a different sort of menu planning for me.  With my husband away for work for the next four months you’ll notice my recipe selections will probably be a little more on the simpler side with definitely less of a meat focus.  Unlike my hubbie, I’m not a big meat eater and  would like to introduce more seafood and bean (especially black bean!) dishes to our dinner repertoire.  So my recipe hunt is on for easy simple seafood and/or meatless recipes and as always your suggestions are most welcome.

Today I’m planning my weekly menu using my brand new pretty What’s for Dinner? menu planner.

These menu planner notepads include 100 sheets per pad and are created and designed by Cary Collins.  All of her original artwork line of products are so colorful, fun and unique and I love that she incorporates scripture verses on all her products.

I’m excited and honored to carry these terrific dinner planner pads in my store and for this week only you can get 15% off the price by using the discount code menuplan15 at checkout.  Enjoy!

Menu Planning Help ~ a great post over at Tanna’s titled Planning a Menu:  The Next Step to a Healthier You including free printables.

Here’s what we’ll be eating this week:

Monday: Garlic Chicken Pasta with Spinach

Tuesday: Garlic Shrimp over rice

Wednesday: Whole Grain Apple Oatmeal Pancakes

Thursday: Leftover buffet

Friday: Basil Tortellini Soup

Saturday: Black Bean Pita Pockets

Sunday: Church Potluck ~ Pepperoni Pizza Pie

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections are here.

Comments

52 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ March 1st

Rita says

Love the menu planner!

Sheena says

Thanks for sharing all the menu plans! It is fun to see what people eat.

The Happy Housewife says

Your menu looks so delicious. I am coming to your house for dinner this week! Love all the garlic dishes, you can never have too much garlic in my opinion! When my husband is gone we eat less meat too. At least we save a little money!
    Toni

Christine@Money Funk says

Those pancakes look so delish! I was going to make french toast for my daughter this weekend, but I think I am going to need to try out that recipe. Yum!

Tiffany says

I have a Lemon Shrimp Angel hair pasta recipe if you’d like it. It is a Weight Watcher’s recipe but mostly only because of the portion. It is easy and delicious.

I marked a tortellini soup recipe from someone last week, I wonder if it is the same one? I’ll have to check. Have a great week!

Would love it, I love lite pasta dishes!

Liz@HoosierHomemade says

I could easily do without meat, at least red meat. Your menu looks yummy! Love shrimp!
    Thanks for hosting!
    ~Liz

No that wasn’t me so thank you for sharing. Looks delicious!!

Mrs. Fuzz says

I feel so organized! Posted before Monday! :)

Alyssa says

Wow first tim e in a while.

tamara says

I love that fridge planner. My children check whats on the menu daily. I hope that this circumvents that I dont like that whinge I get.

Alea says

My menus change quite a bit when my husband is deployed.

Here is a very flexible meatless dish that is similiar to a vegetable pot pie: http://myyearwithoutspending.blogspot.com/2010/02/meatless-monday-recipe-vegetable-pie.html

If you live near a Trader Joe’s they have a wonderful fish selection, some which are skinned, deboned, and seasoned. I love how fast fish cooks; there’s nothing like being able to put dinner on the table in under 15 minutes and actually serve REAL food!

purple moose says

You are more of a cook than I am! I’m afraid when the daddy is away the mama slacks and doesn’t cook much at all. Still, four months is an awfully long time!! I pray that this time goes quickly and smoothly for your family.

Zom says

What a yummy looking week! Without my husband I would almost be vegan…it must be love that keeps me fryin’ the bacon! Good luck with your temporary smaller household. I bet the time will fly by so quickly and before you know it the move will be complete. As always, thanks for hosting!

Jen@BigBinder says

The menu planner is lovely! I like the idea of including scripture – sometimes it’s very easy to forget why we do what we do. I am with you – I think I’d eat meat once a week tops if my husband would be OK with it!

Andi says

I love black beans! Here are a few simple ideas:
    - Cook canned black beans in salsa, mash, and use instead of a tomato sauce on pizza topped with fresh veggies and cheese (also yummy cold in a wrap with veggies for lunch)
    – Make an easy layer dip (plain thick yogurt or yogurt cheese, canned black beans (well-rinsed of course!), veggies, salsa and cheese) and eat with pita chips (pita bread cut into triangles and baked at 350 until crispy). I often bring this to work for lunch and everyone always comments on how good this looks! If you’ve never made yogurt cheese you can find the instructions here: http://laundryontheline.wordpress.com/2009/11/13/how-to-make-yogurt-cheese/

Susie's Homemade says

My husband is the same way! We need more seafood recipes too!

Martianne says

We are a mostly meatless family. And, though this week we are focusing on No Cereal Breakfastsd, I think one of them might qualify as a great base for your search for easy, meatless dinerrs: Slow Cooker Polenta. Simply make it and then set out small plates of vegetables, savory and fish dishes as a polenta bar. Some sauteed garlic and onions, shrimp tossed in olive oil and parmesan, sauteed or steamed vegetables. Everyone can build their own dinner dish, with variety and yum!

We had the polenta for breakfast this morning with other topping choices: butter, parmasen, nuts, fruit bits, broccoli. Yum!

Marci@OvercomingBusy says

I am looking forward to see you simple, meat free recipes. I am not a big meat eater either. The hubby is, but he can tolerate a couple meatless meals a week!

The menu planner pad is adorable!!!

Rachel says

That is a cute list! I would spring for it, but I have way too many of those “day tablets” to justify buying another one … gotta use those up! :) BTW, this is my first shot at doing the Mr Linky thing, and I definitely need some practice. I’m so confused!

Rachel says

OIC, this is how we do it … (singing a song from my past, lol)

Rena says

I’m impressed that you’re still cooking. I have to admit that when my husband was working out of town for about three months last year, we mainly ate cheap frozen pizzas, chicken nuggets, and sandwiches.

LOL, trust me if it wasn’t for MPM that’s what I’d probably be doing too :)

Char says

I love those planner pages! Too cute.

My slow cooker is getting a workout this week. It may be the key to keeping my sanity, too.

Have a great week.

Denise@Cottagesisters says

I have a lot of meatless recipes…..that is all we do! The avocado and black bean recipe I’m making this week is wonderful in a burrito too. Have a wonderful day! Denise

Lynn says

I hope you enjoy the pepp. pizza pie. My kids love it.

Amber says

I’m a first timer, I hope I did this right!! :)

Michelle says

I just made some Tuna Burritos last night. It might sound gross, but they are really good. Just uses basic ingredients like cream of mushroom soup, alfredo sauce, tune, french fried onions, and cheese. I’ll post it if you’d like. I don’t have a link, so I’d have to email it.

Allison says

Oh Wow that garlic chicken pasta looks soooo yummy.

Teri says

That menu planner is perfect…

*~jo~* says

mmmmmm shrimp!! :) lovin’ the menu this week!! :)

Pary Moppins says

I love having a menu all planned out so that we don’t have that what’s-for-dinner kerflufel at rush hour here at the Little Pink House.

Rachel says

That basil tortellini soup recipe looks so good! :) You’ll have to let me know how your family enjoys it.

rona says

I really do enjoy MPM. I can get lots of recipe ideas, visit new bloggers and spread the word that menu planning is healthy and economical.

Kara says

Thanks so much for linking to my Garlic Chicken Pasta recipe. I sure hope your family likes it as much as mine! :)

Jessica says

Just linked up my first MPM! Hope I did it right.

Have a great week everyone :)

Sonja says

New to the menu plan thing, but think it should be fun! Thanks for the info!!

Rhoni says

Love this idea! Participating for the first time this week.

Lisa says

I love black beans and using them in our meals….next week I am going to be doing some meatless meals, I will email you some recipies! Hope things go well while your husband is out of town.
    Blessings,
    Lisa

Becky L says

Shrimp is definitely a favorite of mine. I use it in soups and once in awhile salads. It’s on sale this week so gonna get some cuz I get paid today. Now if I can just get my tired body across town I’ll be ok. (Breathing issues diminished my sleep so I just want to go take a nap, which maybe I will.) It is my day off but will be behind again. Am way behind on last month’s challenge as well, arg! I will be praying for your family as you are separated due to work. But am happy your hubby has a job. Are you moving to where he’s working? Take care!!

I just posted my own creation of Vegetables with Linguine recipe in my Notes on my Facebook Fan Page at http://tiny.cc/XhpaE. Great for those that want a meatless, yet filling, meal!! Enjoy!

Ruthie says

I know what you mean by less meat! I will do the same when my hubby goes to Africa for 2 weeks! I love the idea of using more bean recipes – this would definitely help the budget.

LB says

12 mins past… oh well lol

Ranee @ Arabian Knits says

I’d advise you to look at the Lenten menu plans here for ideas, as well. Most people eat meatless at least once a week, some the whole week.

Swan says

I can say he has gotten more receptive.

Comments