An Organizing Poem Just for You

Here’s a little something I wrote to provide a little kick in the pants motivation as you near the end of the challenge :)  Don’t quit on me now!

The Big Push

by Org Junkie

From this junkie to you
Please don’t be blue
When I cut to the chase
And get into your face

Listen to my urging
It’s time to get purging
You have too much stuff
Way more than enough

It’s taking over your life
And causing too much strife
Remember you are the boss
Time to kick out the chaos

Think about a buying freeze
Please, please, please
No more, no more
Coming in the door

What’s holding you back
Don’t give me any flack
Stop your muttering
And get decluttering

I want you to see
What doesn’t have to be
It’s time to be aware
Of the clutter everywhere

You don’t have to have a fit
About getting rid of it
You only have so much space
To put everything in place

Don’t quit on me now
And don’t have a cow
All you have to fear
Is my kick in your rear

Peace and harmony
Is how it should be
Isn’t that the key
To a happy family

This challenge you’re on
Is just about gone
The end is almost near
You’d better get it in gear

Try to have some fun
While getting it all done
Happy organizing today
That’s all I have to say! :)

If that isn’t motivation enough (ha ha!) be sure to check out the awesome prizes up for grabs.  Two of these prizes include:

A fantastic sample pack of Clearly Organized Bags ~ I love these bags and am so happy they are back!

Organize Your Home in 12 Weeks ecourse by my friend Marcia of Take Charge Solutions

Filed under: Motivation-Encouragement, Organizational Challenge

Comments

8 Responses to An Organizing Poem Just for You

Devon says

LOL good stuff. I’m still hanging in there!!

Joyce @ Keeping Up With The Moys says

Very nice!! =)

And just when I was about to throw in the towel. I don’t think I’ll make it to organizing the room before the end of the month because my sickness is lingering. Being recovering after having my baby, I have not felt like this in years. Me, how made perfect attendance from middle school to college. We are still going to finish the project, but probably not by the month’s end. =p

I’m still looking forward to seeing how everyone else did!! Bring on the transformations!

Rana says

Laura you are crazy! Cute poem. I’m almost done just putting finishing touches on. This has been a great challenge. I’m going to do this every month through out my home. Thank you for the kick in the rear:)

Susanne says

Ahhhh, you’re a poet, a very organized poet! :v)

Annie says

Oh did this bring you back to our “Ode to ….” days!!!

Tanya says

Cute poem…..it made me smile……and want to go throw out some junk. :)

The Saved Quarter says

I’ve been cleaning and organizing and painting, oh my, and now I’m working on my “after” post and need to know what kind of process questions you want answered for official entrants. I’ve gone through a process, let me tell you, and I want to make sure my post says what you need it to say, because my “before” and “after” are pretty dramatic and I want to win! Ha!

Nancy says

I was looking for an organizing poem and stumbled onto your site. I am a work in progress. I joined the organizing business not because I’m a professional organizer, but because I need to get organized. Please check out Clever Containers at http://www.mycleverbiz.com/nancyburton. Our products are functional, quite clever and very affordable. We are a ground floor company with just over 1600 consultants. Come and check us out. ~ Happy organizing!

Comments