Menu Plan Monday ~ Jan 25th - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ Jan 25th

Welcome to another week of menu planning!  I hope with each passing week menu planning gets easier and easier for you.  Remember it takes a number of weeks to create a habit and menu planning will be no exception.  Hang in there!

Thanks for all the recipe links in the comments last week.  I’m still going through them all but love having new resources to draw from.  Feel free to do that anytime.  If you tried a new recipe that you want to share or even brought back an old stand by that your family loves, let us know.

My recipe highlight last week definitely goes to the Crockpot Maple Ham.  Talk about easy to throw together and the meat was so tender and delicious.  For dessert I also made The Moistest Brownies Ever recipe.  Oh my were they ever yummy!

Oh and I wanted to let you all know about a new resource available for those of you wanting to find frugal blogs in your area to glean information from.  Briana from Bargain Briana has started a new site called Frugal Map to help you find your perfect frugal blog match.  Whether the perfect blog match is by category, store, location, there is a blog out there for your particular style.  If you’re a frugal blogger yourself you can even submit your blog and, if you meet the criteria, get your blog added to the growing list.

On my menu this week:

Monday: Mac & Cheese & Carrots (missed from last week as we had so many leftovers to use up)

Tuesday: Bacon Mushroom Chicken served with perogies and broccoli

Wednesday: Cheese-Stuffed Meatloaf (family favorite!) served with rice and frozen veggies

Thursday: Leftover buffet

Friday: Simply Delicious Italian Beef served over buns

Saturday: Fajitas with leftover beef

Simple Supper Sunday

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections are here.  Join us!

The Flirty Apron giveaway ends on Tuesday, January 26th at 2:00 pm PST.  Enter here!

Comments

50 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ Jan 25th”
    Rita says:

The frugal map is a really nice idea. Have a wonderful week!

Gina says:

I’ve had a lot of questions about meal planning lately, so I put up a Video How-To this week. Hope it helps the newbies!

Thanks again for hosting this meme each week, Laura. It’s such a wonderful resource and I get so many great recipes and ideas. Have a great week!!

Jarnette says:

Laura ~

The stuffed cheese meatloaf and the Italian roast beef both look simple and delicious! Will be keeping this in mind next time I can pick up roast beef on sale…as for the meatloaf, sounds like a great variation I will try with a side of pasta and veggie…yum!

Blessings around your meal table ~

Anna says:

Thanks for the Italian Beef link. Ever since my friend told me about it (she’s from Chicago) I’ve been really wanting to try it. But nobody makes it down here or has even heard of it.

Carrie says:

Last week I didn’t make anything I said I would except for on Monday. And I had a good line-up too! I think I was too ambitious, lesson learned. :) Don’t try too many new things in a week.

I am definitely going to give that brownie recipe a try – looks delicious!

Thanks for hosting another great MPM!
    ~Liz

Gudrun says:

Got a jump on things this week by planning my menu yesterday! Love to be so organized going into Monday.

Hope you have a great week!

I’m learning that I ‘over plan’ but that’s okay, because I’d much rather have too much plan than not enough! It means that if someone were to look through my MPM postings week to week, they would think we repeat some stuff back to back, but really, they are just rollovers that we didn’t get to because of leftovers. :)

Laura

purple moose says:

Another week, another meal plan. This has become quite the habit for me. And such a time saver! Ican’t believe I’ve been doing this for a year almost!!

Jenna says:

I’m new to Menu Plan Monday and just started a blog, so come check it out if you want. I love finding different meal ideas! I am a huge fan of trying out different meals, which I hope to do often and then post reviews of new recipes on my blog. Thanks for hosting!

Jessica says:

Thanks for the Frugal Map link. So cool!

Tamara says:

I am back. I have been holiday and have to say that I missed that fact that I had no menu plan to work from. My camping kitchen was limited buy it would sure have helped to know what I could have made before I had to think about it. My recipes are mostly lite in calories. I hope there is something someone likes. I am off to take a look at some of the other menus.

That ‘Delicious Italian Beef’ looks yummy! I’ve printed that one out to make. Thanks for your great ideas!

Yum, pierogies! Are they homemade? Thanks for this great resource!

Darlene says:

YUM…as always your recipes sound delicious!

Martianne says:

Last week, I had planned my weekly menu in honor of Our Lady of Altagracia and inspired by a book called a Gift of Gracias. I finally got some of the recipes I used for our Our Lady of Altagracia tea up on one of my blogs and thought I would share for those who might be itnerested in Orange SNowball Cookies, Orange Glaze and Orange Muffins – all fairly healthy sicne they are made with w/w flour. The link is http://traininghappyhearts.blogspot.com/2010/01/jammies-school-power-foods-lab-for-our.html. Have a blessed week!

Orneryswife says:

I didn’t mention in my link that my recipes are gluten free, but they are, so if anyone is looking for that come by and visit! Glad to be back in the menu planning saddle again!
    tm

Miller Manor says:

oops, I had the wrong name on there–my menu is at recipes, not thoughts blog… Sorry!
    tm

Bethany says:

Yeah for menu planning! Working on eating from the pantry this week!

That ham sounds delicious!!

Love the new header and look. :) My husband would be so happy if I made him -the moistest brownies ever. We’re on a diet but we have one “free day” so maybe that will be our free day dessert. Thanks!

Krista S. says:

Laura – Thank you for featuring my Moistest Brownies Ever! I am really happy that you liked them. :) I feel very honored to be mentioned in your blog – it was like I won the lottery today :) Hope you have a great week !

Beth says:

I love Menu Plan Monday! I started a Project 365 spinoff (Project 365–Dinner Edition) where I’m noting what I made for dinner each night and when we ate, whether or not my 2 boys ate it, and other notes that I’m hoping will eventually help me to make meal planning effortless. So far it’s been a great motivator to meal plan.

Beth says:

Ugh–I messed up the link. It’s Project 365–Dinner Edition. Thanks!

Dawn says:

The chicken dish looks awesome. I think DH would really enjoy it – and the kids could just take off the mushrooms. My menu plan this week is an extra challenging pantry challenge. Hopefully I can grab some meat on sale later this week and make next week’s menu a bit more exciting. Will have to check out the Frugal Map as well – looks interesting.

Rachel says:

My first time participating in Menu Plan Monday and I couldn’t be happier! Thank you for such a great blog that holds me accountable to actually cook the things I plan out. :) HA! Have a blessed week!

Martianne says:

Thank you for the frugal tip. I can certainly use it, as I keep going over my Eat from the Pantry Challenge budget. And, thank you for continued inspiration to stick with Menu Planning. We are succeeding with it thanks to motivation from Menu Plan Mondays, doing well sticking to our menus for last week’s celebration of Our Lady of Altagracia and moving, this week, into trying to be a bit mroe economical — focusing on ease, economy and mostly from-scratch cooking this week!

your menu’s always look so good!! :)

Angela says:

Thank you for hosting this!

Thanks for the great linkup!

And…I may just have to try that Maple Ham recipe. I bought a ham to roast on Sunday in the oven with a traditional glaze but I sure would love to just throw it in the crockpot and forget about it until dinnertime!

Best to you! ;-)

Stephanie says:

The Cheese-Stuffed Meatloaf and Bacon Mushroom Chicken both look delicious. The meatloaf will definetly be on our dinner table in the very near future!

Sammy says:

Your menu looks very tasty this week! :)

Nothing as weird as my baked sketti moofins this week, but we might test out an alfredo lasagna!

homemade mac and cheese sounds great!

I LOVE that Crockpot Maple Ham recipe. It has become a family favorite to the point that other family members are giving up their old ways of cooking ham and using this one! I do often leave off the glaze though as the taste can be a little overpowering in some leftover dishes.

Also, thanks for sharing the link to the frugal map. looking forward to checking that out.

Dee says:

I’m trying to get back to Meal Planning because we really need to get a schedule going again. I will work on getting my recipes posted with links in the future too.

Thanks for encouraging us with this Link Up to plan better! :)

Marlene says:

What size of ham did you use for the Maple Crockpot Ham? I got a crockpot for Christmas so I am still pretty new to using it…

Megg says:

Just posted my second week of menu planning! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Tia says:

Just posted my first meal plan!!

That meatloaf looks yummy!!!

B.Keefer says:

I didn’t realize I had to change the URL each week in Mr. Linky. I’ve been posting my first week’s menu all month long. LOL Now that I know, I posted my link again. I know, I’m a doofus. :D

Kelly B says:

Wonderful ideas, Laura! I am just in love with Menu Plan Monday. That slow cook maple ham recipe definitely sounds like something I have to make. Ham is on sale this week. I just might have to go pick one up! I’m glad to hear it worked out so well.

I just might have to make the Italian beef next week too!

Have a great day!

Lisa says:

I love your blog! Menu planning is making my life so much easier!

I’m still learning how to do this and I made a mistake when I was linking my menu. Can you please delete my link #441?

thanks!

Lisa

Tiffanee says:

Your menu sounds wonderful just like always! Thanks so much for the link!! It was so sweet! You are the best!!

Megan says:

Last one to post – again. Hope you have a great week!

I love how you call it a “leftover buffet” I have started using that term and it adds some class to plain boring leftovers. Thanks for the idea!

Comments