Menu Plan Monday ~ August 10th

orgjunkiempm1

This week will be a hard one for us in light of the devastating news we received.  Thank you so much for your support and prayers.  I want to be available for my girlfriend as much as possible so with that in mind and knowing I will have company staying with me, it makes planning my meals this week even more critical despite not having the energy to do so.  One of the things I was able to set up for my friend and her husband was to create a meal schedule for them through Food Tidings.

logo

If you are ever in need of wanting to help someone out with arranging meals this is the perfect free tool.  Once the schedule is set up you simply let people know about it and they can sign up for whichever day they choose.  Food Tidings then sends out email reminders to everyone so they don’t forget their scheduled day.  Also, because it asks you to put down what type of meal you are bringing, it alleviates them from receiving the same thing two days in a row.

Before getting into my menu I don’t want to forget to say a very special thank you to Toni from The Happy Housewife for being such an amazing hostess last week.  I really appreciate it!

On our menu:

Monday: Pasta Meatball Soup served with garlic bread

Tuesday: Two-Step Chicken (with picante sauce) served with sweet potato fries and corn on the cob

Wednesday: Leftover buffet

Thursday: Baked Teriyaki Chicken served with rice and broccoli

Friday: Quick Homemade Pizza

Saturday: Hamburgers served with Garden Fresh Pasta Salad

Sunday: Fuss-Free Ravioli and Cheese Bake

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and suggestions are here.

Comments

89 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ August 10th

Shaina says

I’m so sorry to hear about what happened. My heart goes out to you and Company Girl as you go through this.

I’ll check back for Mr. Linky.

Jen@BigBinder says

That Food Tiding things is cool. We’ve used something called Care Pages; it works the same way and it’s great because it’s free.

HeavenlyHomemaker says

Oh the pain you all must be feeling. God bless you with the incredible peace that passes all understanding. I pray that through this you are able to experience God in a whole new way because of the comfort only He can provide.

Hugs to you Laura.

The Meal Planner says

I’m so sorry to hear about your friend’s son Laura. What a deep sadness.

Dddiva says

I’m so sorry for your friends son, Laura, our prayers are with you and of course your friend and the family at this time.

I have a membership to Linky, if you want me to toss one up just let me know.

For now, here’s my menu with recipe links

Dddiva says

I have a membership to Mr. Linky, if you want me to toss one up just let me know.

For now, here’s my menu with recipe links

Tracy says

My little itty bitty meal plan for the week.

(Links directly to my post but I shortened the address since it was so long)

Sorry everyone, I set my post on auto set and then left for the evening to visit my girlfriend and completely forgot about Mr. Linky.

Katrina says

I waited and finally Mr Linky arrived! Don’t stress you had more important things to be doing. I’m back after a long time off blogging, and back into menu planning as well, thanks for hosting

Barbie says

I ache for your friend. You are amazing to keep this going for us. This is my second week of doing menus and I really want to keep it going.

The Happy Housewife says

The teriyaki chicken sounds great. As soon as it cools down I will be trying that one.
    So, so sorry for your friend. It is wonderful that she has friends like you, who can help her through this terrible time.
    Toni

kat says

Sorry to hear your news. Losing someone so young is the hardest.

Shannan Felix says

Yeah – Mr. Linky’s back! Now I am 100 instead of 1 – with a 3 hour time change its hard to make it even on a normal night! I am sorry for your loss and will be keeping your family in our prayers!

Lisa says

Thanks for hosting this. It is helpful to get all of these ideas.

Kim... and Her Coffe says

So glad to have found your site…. particularly having just moved. I’m in need of organization! :) Have a super start to the week!

Kelli says

Laura, I have had fun this morning visiting every 5th site! I have printed some recipes and can’t wait to start working them into my menus in the future :-)

Kelli – 3 Boys & a Dog: homeschooling, recipes, reviews, giveaways, Fave Friday & more!

Jami says

Laura, my prayers are with you and your friend for your loss. I’m so sorry.

With your company, you might be interested in making your pizza into mini pizza’s that everyone can top as they wish. It uses the same dough (that I’ve made since the 80’s from my trusty Betty Crocker Cookbook!)and you can make the crusts up in advance:

Kara says

I’m really glad to be able to participate for the first time!

I’m sorry for your loss.

Tania says

So sorry to hear about your friends son, such a terrible thing to have to go through.

MemeGRL says

I’m so sorry to hear the news. Know that my prayers are with you and your friend and your families.

Steph says

So sorry to hear the news of your friend’s son, my thoughts are with you, his family and friends. Thank you for mentioning Food Tidings, sounds like a fantastic tool.

Hugs,
    Steph

Cheryl says

So sorry about the loss of your friends son.

Deborah says

It’s so funny I used to blog and would come over to your blog all the time…I found a website today in the newspaper of all places and she had your website for dinner planning…I got to thinking, I used to visit this blog all the time..how funny!
    So hello again – from EaglesWings

Jamie says

So sorry to hear about Jacob- something like that just seems to remind us what is truly important in life. Your friends will be in my family’s prayers.

On a lighter note, I’m attempting to smoke a pork shoulder in my crock pot! Care to come see how it turns out?

Becca says

Thanks so much for hosting this! I’m excited to take part. I love seeing what others are doing… it gives me lots of great ideas!

Elaine H says

I’m delayed in posting, as explained in my post, but I got it up.

My heart goes out to you, Laura and your friend and all those who loved this little boy. I know that it isn’t easy to lose someone you love so much and my prayer will be that you all feel the presence of the Lord during this time and that you are able to find comfort and peace.

Nicole says

I’m sorry to see your sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend’s family.

I’m new to MPM. I lurked for a while to see how it works and I think it will really help me plan and shop for our family’s food. Thanks for the awesome idea!

Since I’m new to the Mr. Linky thing, I accidentally took up two spots on the list above,266 & 267. SORRY!

I am having fun and learning lots reading everyone’s blogs. Thanks for sharing!

purple moose says

I’m praying that your week goes smoothly. Take care of yourselves!

brandi says

Praying for yall and your friends.

And I made your 2 step chicken tonight with a salad and green beans. It was so good. thanks for the recipe

debi b says

I am so very sorry to hear about your friend’s son. What a sad sad story and a horrible tragedy.
    I am happy they have a friend like you to count on for help.
    Please know I am keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Julie says

Better late than never! My menu has been posted!

Comments