Menu Plan Monday ~ June 8th - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ June 8th

mpmpencil

Hello everyone!  Welcome to a new week :)

So I pretty much goofed on last week’s menu.  That will teach me for not consulting with the weather network before planning my menu won’t it.  It turned out to be a really hot week for us here which in all fairness rarely happens so I wasn’t expecting it.  Needless to say I didn’t really feel like turning my oven on at all so I had to play the menu shuffle game a little bit to re-adjust or adapt things for the stove top or grill.  It all worked out in the end though but you’ll notice this week that I’ve gotten much smarter and am including many lighter dishes that are quicker to make and don’t require me to heat up the house during our big heat wave…ha ha…it’s still probably considered cold to what many of you are experiencing :)

One of the meals I did still make was the Cheesy Chicken Vermicelli.  Super easy to whip together and my hubbie gave it a 9 out of 10 which is a pretty good rating coming from him.

Also my cookie of the week last week was courtesy of Toni (from her most excellent blog The Happy Housewife) and they were yummy yummy!  Check out her recipe for Chocolate Chip Whole Wheat Oatmeal Cookies!

Reminder:  The Kid Kaddy giveaway ends today!

So here’s what’s on our menu this week:

Monday: 5-Minute Southwest Layered Salad served with baguette (one of my favorite salad recipes!)

Tuesday: Cold Chicken Satay Noodles (I’ll cook a whole chicken in the slow cooker to use)

Wednesday: Crockpot Italian Meatballs for sub sandwiches

Thursday: Leftover buffet

Friday: Thai Pork with Savoy Cabbage

Saturday: Zesty Corn Quesadillas served with Mandarin Spinach Salad

Simple Supper Sunday (which is a really nice way of saying fend for yourself :) )

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections can be found here.

I’ve been working with Mr. Linky today and have switched to their new server.  Keep your fingers crossed that all goes well!

Comments

51 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ June 8th”
    Rita says:

I need to try that southwest layered salad really soon. Our family loves to try different salad recipes!

Off to check out this Layered Southwest Salad! Have a great week!!!

Erin

Kayren says:

Your Monday salad looks very good, but I haven’t heard of the ‘Ranchers’ dressing. Is that the Canadian was of saying ‘Ranch’ dressing, or have I just not noticed it on our shelves?

Kayren says:

I should have had you check out my No-Bake Cookies I made and posted the recipe for last week. I’m not sure if you can have everything that’s in them since you have the one child with allergies, and they certainly are not as healthy as Toni’s, but they do have chocolate.

Your menu looks great, as always. And thanks again for the book!
    ~Liz

mjpuzzlemom says:

Factoringn weather is important. Looks like a good week! Thanks for hosting!

MJ

Laura says:

Kayren, yes Ranchers is the same as Ranch. I would love the link to your cookie recipe!

Kara says:

That is one tasty looking menu. I’m thinking my boys would love the corn quesadillas, I’m putting them in my “to try” file. Yum!

Laura says:

Kara that recipe is another family favorite of ours….mmmmmmmm.

Ooh, it’s been a while since I’ve made that Southewestern salad – I should do that!
    The corn quesadillas look good too… wonder if I can get my kids to eat them?? :)

Chrissy says:

Another great menu! Have a great week.

~~Rhonda says:

I changed a few meals last week due to hot weather, too. Happens. It’s good when you can adjust! :) ~~Rhonda

Laura says:

Hey Amber, my youngest usually just eats his quesadillas with the corn and cheese. He’s not too fond of the salsa but I’m working on him LOL. Salsa is one of my favorite foods :)

Kerri says:

The recipe sounds good (and cheap) but when you say ‘turkey meatballs’, do you mean raw or cooked? Thanks!

I may have to adjust my menu to try the Southwest Salad!!!

Krisi says:

Everything sounds YUMMY!

Christine says:

Just posted for 2nd time. I am loving this. You have quite a few recipes I can’t wait to try!
    Thanks again!

I missed last week but now, it’s good to be back:-)

Rebecca says:

I don’t usually like Rachel Ray but that satay noodles recipe sounds great! I’m trying to decide something to bring to a potluck lunch Saturday so I was thinking of maybe making a peanut chicken noodle dish; I might try that.

that cheesy chicken vermicelli may be my pasta night recipe@! sounds great.

Megan says:

opps I doubled. #137 and #139

Please delete on of them.

Sorry about that!

Sharon says:

LOL. So how hot is hot?
    We’ve been cooler than usual here, but I don’t mind it one bit.

The recipes look delicious. Thanks for sharing & hosting!

kat says:

Chicken Satay Noodles sound great

Funny, the same thing happened to me last week. I had a grill meal planned on a night we had a terrible storm! Then my oven broke on a night we were supposed to have baked chicken, lol! We did some switching around too. Glad you liked the cookies, I am getting hungry for them already and it is only 8 am!
    Toni

Jenny says:

Sounds like a great plan!

Kayren says:

Hey, Laura…here’s the link for the No-
    Bake Cookies:

Hope you can try them!

Megan says:

Thanks for hosting again. Your menu looks awfully tasty!

niki says:

That 5 minute salad and corn quesdailla thingy sounds great!

Bookmarked!

WendyGK says:

That Thai Pork recipe might make an appearance on my menu next week with turkey tenderloins instead of pork. Great bunch of dinner ideas this week Laura. The Chicken Satay noodles thingy sounds like a good summer lunch to use up leftover chicken.

Beth Rossana says:

I am getting so many good recipes from here! And the shopping list really came in handy this past week when we went for a monthly trip, I was so organized it felt great! Thanks for sharing that.

Angela says:

Laura, thanks for all your hard work in hosting every week… it is so fun being able to peruse all these menus – it helps keep me inspired.
    Italian sub sandwiches were a fave around here when my big boys were at home. That layered salad looks like one we may have to try as temps here are soaring into the 90s!

Angela says:

thanks, as always for hosting this. I can’t wait to get the kids out of school and out of the extra activities so I can catch up on the reading of your blog too!

Have a great week!

Steph says:

Can’t wait to check out those first two links! I absolutely love cooking whole chickens in the crockpot and am always looking for new ideas for what to do with the meat.

I have a fun and kid friendly cookie recipe posted this week if you’re interested!

Krystal says:

I’m feeling pretty disorganized today, and this is slowing getting me into a structure. It’s pouring outside and I really just want to lay in bed :) I posted my plan on confessionsofacheapskate.blogspot.com

Trixie says:

Hello,

Won’t we all be so excited when Mr. Linky is up and running again! Yea!

Here’s the link to my menu for the week:

I won’t be home until late one night this week — you can read all about my strategy for avoiding take out on that night and what we will be eating instead.

Love Saytay Noodle recipe –sounds so yummy!

Take Care,

Trixie

Xavierism says:

I do look forward to Menu Plan Mondays! So many options and delish recipes from so many great folks. Thank you for hosting and sharing!

*CHEERS* to you!

Amanda says:

Thanks for this great site ~ I was introduced to it last week and have been waiting for this post with bated breath!

Alisa says:

Thanks for the great ideas. I’m gonna try that layered salad.

I couldn’t find the Mr. Linky link so here’s my post.

Christa says:

The crock pot Italian meatballs sound interesting. I live in texas so it is hot, hot here, and the slow cooker is a great way to get dinner on the table with out having to heat up the whole house.

Laura says:

Sharon, a hot day for us is about 25 degrees celcius. A really hot day is 30 degree celcius but that doesn’t happen too often around these parts. LOL

Candi says:

I think we’re going to have to try the Thai Pork …I have a bunch of the Catalina Dressing’s in my stockpile. I usually use it for Joan’s Taco Salad. I can’t wait to try this!

Tami says:

Thanks for the terrific menu! I’m running out of ideas and energy for this laid back Summer!

Trish says:

Happy Monday!!

Melissa Hauf says:

i agree raw meatballs or prepackaged in the freezer isle? i would love to make this for tomorrow…sounds good!!! tia!!

Laura says:

For this sub sandwich recipe I will use uncooked frozen chicken meatballs from the freezer isle to make it.

Pamela says:

Loved my first week of menu planning! Was a little ambitious about the amount of prep I had to do, so keeping some of the dishes more simple this week :)

debi b says:

Wow. I am just awful this week and SO not organized! (I need some of your fairy dust spread my way while trying to move my family & keep it together…haha!)
    Anyway, finally have my menu plan up!

Denise says:

Your “Simple Sunday Supper” reminded me of what I sometimes put on our menu – Y.O.Y.O. (You’re On Your Own!)

Megan says:

Thanks for linking to the corn quesadillas – I think fresh corn was on sale just about everywhere this week, and this is a great recipe to pilot it. I’ll add it to the file. Have a tasty week!

Kyle Bullock says:

I believe this web site has some really fantastic information for everyone. “Only the little people pay taxes.” by Leona Helmsly.

Comments