Surface/Shelf Organizing Round-Up!

roundup

So here we are at the end of another month, hard to believe isn’t it.  Last month we had over 50 people participate by organizing their closets and cupboards which was just awesome to see!   Let’s hope the momentum continues with our surfaces and shelves.

To participate in this month’s organizing round-up all you have to do is link up below to a post on your site telling us about the surface/shelf you organized.  Don’t forget to include your before and after pictures.  Remember to use the direct link to your round-up post and not to your homepage.  That’s helpful for those of us who might not get a chance to take a peek at your post until later.  Also, as a courtesy, if you are going to participate please be kind and link back to this post within your post.

Those that link up before Wednesday, June 3rd at 6:00 pm PST will be eligible to win one of FIVE copies of Gail Blanke’s book Throw Out Fifty Things.  Winners will be chosen at random from the Mr. Linky list below.

throw-out-50-things

**Please note it may take a little while for your link to appear after you’ve entered it**

For extra entries, it’s totally acceptable to link up to more than one post if you’ve worked on multiple surfaces and shelves over the month.

Of course the biggest prize is the newly organized space you’ve just created and the peace of mind that comes with it.  Way to go and congratulations!

Finally, I’m always intrigued to know whether or not there were any lessons learned during the course of the month.  This can be very encouraging and motivating for others to read as well so please feel free to share in the comments the obstacles you battled and won to get the job done.

Next up…..our vehicles.  Join us!

Filed under: Monthly Round-up

Comments

21 Responses to Surface/Shelf Organizing Round-Up!

MemeGRL says

I am totally laughing because I got to exactly two shelves (of five) in one closet and that’s it! Still, it’s been maintained, so that’s something, right?! Hope others had more productive months than I did!

Jennifer says

Thanks so much for hosting this! You motivated me to finally clean the piles off the top of my dryer.

Mrs. Wright says

I’ve always want to participate in these round ups and I’m so excited to finally link up! Thanks for the motivation!

Diana says

Hey! I’m excited for next month, but aren’t we doing vehicles in June? And the makeup and whatnot is in July, right?

Diana you are so right! Yes next up is our vehicles to get us ready for summer holidays. Thanks for catching that!

Laura

CJ says

Hi Laura, I just posted my mini home office project. I have to apologize though for linking twice. My computer was acting up, so I thought my first entry didn’t post. I hope you can delete #10… so sorry!! :S

Lilia says

Excited because due to family visiting I got to clean 2 closets and clean out the kid’s room. Love the reward at the end (cleanliness) and the thought of maybe winning.

Christin says

Oh how exciting! I wish I’d been here earlier in the year to see these challenges!
    I’d love to join in on the next one! My vehicle can definitely use it!!!!

Rebecca says

Darn, I always seem to be “off” with these monthly challenges. I haven’t been blogging or reading blogs as much lately so I keep missing stuff. Or I’ve just finished the task but didn’t think to take pictures. Though, I *cleaned* my car out (vacuum even!) I haven’t *organized* it so maybe there’s hope for me after all!

char says

What a moron! I linked my menu plan :) Can you please delete it?

Elizabeth says

Oops! I linked to my Menu Planning Monday by accident – sorry!

Melody says

Well first time commenting on a blog… In May I cleaned out my kitchen and my bedroom. It feels so good. The only thing I wish I had of taken pictures of before and after. I guess though in my mind the before pictures are burned in my brain. I am a first time blogger and I have finally posted my first post. I want to give a shout out to you, and all the other blogs I have started to read to cheer me on that I can have my life together and in order! Thank you, thank you, thank you! God bless and have a wonderful-organized day!

Amy @ Living Locurto says

Whoops. I added my menu to this Mr. Linky by accident. Sorry. Glad to see I wasn’t the only one:-)

Becky says

I dejunked my computer desk by making sure most papers I don’t look at are gone. (The ones I kept to look at someday!!) Just photos and a few craft instructions kept. Still working at it…desk top is next. I need to work at keeping this paper stuff to a bare minimum, as that’s my downfall!!!

Gina says

Oops–somehow my Meal Plan post ended up here. Please delete it, Laura!

Becky says

I’m new at this but I’ve gotta start somewhere! The table in my craft room actually looks usable now! :)

Peggy says