Menu Plan Monday ~ May 25th

Happy Memorial Day to those of you in the US!  I understand that this is a big BBQ weekend for all of you so hopefully we’ll see some yummy BBQ recipes showing up on MPM this week :)

We had a really nice sunny warm day today (and by warm I mean 19 degrees C) and so we were able to get some yard work done in the backyard.  We’d like to build a new deck this summer but are having trouble agreeing on how we want it to look.   It’s hard for me because I’m such a visual person and staring at drawings on a piece of paper really does nothing for me.  I don’t know how people build their own homes, I’d be a basket case LOL.

Last week’s recipe highlight definitely goes to the Healthified Mexican Pasta Skillet.  This dish was so delicious but of course that could be because my husband made it and not me!  My cooking attempts, as many of you saw last week, don’t always turn out :)

Mr. Linky has been behaving badly the last couple of weeks and it is causing my site to load pretty slowly.  I’m hoping that’s all been fixed now but keep me posted if you have any problems.

Okay here is what we’ll be eating this week:

Monday: Chicken Caesar Wraps

Tuesday: Slow Cooker Teriyaki Ribs served with rice and broccoli

Wednesday: Fiesta Meatloaf served with fries and frozen veggies

Thursday: Leftover buffet

Friday: Crispy Baked Chicken served with spinach salad

Saturday: Mashed Potato Sausage Bake

Simple Supper Sunday

Have a wonderful week everybody!

Menu Plan Monday banner selections and guidelines are here.

49 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ May 25th

Okay weird, sometimes Mr. Linky is there (and I see some of you have managed to link up) and then it’s gone again. I had to remove some header script thing as per their instructions which I did and it’s still acting up. So frustrating!!!!

Cynthia says

Sorry I ended up posting twice – Mr. Linky is being wacky!

Liz@HoosierHomemade says

And I posted on #11, and it disappeared, then when I did link, it linked the wrong one, sorry. I think it’s fixed, not sure.

PlanningQueen says

BBQ season is well and truly over here in the southern hemisphere. Hope you enjoy yours though!

Susanne says

The Mashed Potato Sausage bake sounds awesome! Good for you for expanding your boundaries, if you know what I mean! :v)

Amy says

Good luck with your backyard planning! It sounds like it’ll be rewarding once it’s done. We’re still working on ours, but I have fantasies of cook-outs and movie nights.

purple moose says

Well, Mr Linky is working for me, I guess you got the kinks worked out ok!

debi b says

I did post one favorite of my kids at our normal bbqs in the summer… Ambrosia salad.
    Hope you enjoy!

SheilaG says

Today I’m thinking about what to do when you have your menu plan, but the kids are held up at soccer, or you’re running late! I have emergency strategies to avoid McDonald’s!

Visit To Love, Honor and Vacuum today!

Mel says

I don’t have a blog, but I have been reading your blog for a couple of years, and guess what? I FINALLY MENU PLANNED for the first time last week. It was fantastic!!! So we did it again this week. I can’t believe I haven’t been doing this!

Bethany says

Yum yum! I am getting back in menu planning after a disorganized and rather expensive hiatus. :)

Kristina says

Hey Laura, ’bout that deck…check into some sort of 3D drawing software, such as Punch!
    If you are decently good with computers, you can play around and see what you want, with one of the cheaper versions ($50 or less), and you’ll be able to relay your ideas to your husband, and vise versa. Oh, and if you find that you don’t work too great with the program, pick your favourite computer-savvy teenager and see if they’ll do it for you.

jsprik says

sounds heavenly!! im coming to your house friday!! what time is dinner?? ill be there at 5:30 kthnx! ;)

Sara says

This is my first time officially menu planning and posting it on my blog! Thanks for the inspiration!

Peggy says

Oh, gosh. The menu sounds good but both my husband and I have a head cold with stuffed up noses and neither of us feel like cooking. So far our menu has been popcorn, chinese take out and soup. Anything we don’t have to cook!

I’ll be back when we feel better. Ugh……….

Susan says

Posting late! With the long weekend, I totally forgot that yesterday was Monday! :)

Rebekah @Mundane Mus says

Still no Mr. Linky for me. *sigh* Guess I’ll have to do this the old fashioned way and actually leave a comment.

Need some serious ideas for “picnic dinners” now that ballgames are starting 5 nights a week. HELP!