Free Weekly Menu Planning Template

For quite some time now, I’ve wanted to make available to my readers a menu planning template to assist you with your weekly menu planning (click on the link below).  I’ve had the template done for awhile but was having trouble with the whole conversion to PDF thing.  Now that I’ve finally figured it out, I hope to offer more templates to you on a regular basis.   Let me know what you think and if you have any preferences/ideas for future downloads let me know that too.  Have a happy day everyone :)

Menu Planning Template

daisy

image courtesy of kilobar

Filed under: Menu Plan Monday, Printables
The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Comments

87 Responses to Free Weekly Menu Planning Template

Bonnie says

Well done Laura, it looks simple to use !! A great resource …

Stacey says

Wow this is really neat! I might attempt to try this. Thanks!

Shawn says

You ROCK! Thank you so much for sharing this!!! I just printed it and am gonna make myself some copies!! =)

Marci says

I love the recipe source line! I am always trying new recipes and often forget just where I got them from! Thanks for the “duh” moment! Just write it down…go figure. :)

Rebecca says

Thanks so much for sharing! This is so simple that I think I may actually be able to use it! I’m forever writing both my grocery list and “menu” on scraps of paper and then can never find the two together.

Kysha says

Thanks you! Just what I have been needing. :)

Ally0005 says

Wow!
    This is perfect. Thanks for sharing.

Becky says

This is wonderful! Thank you so much for a wonderful blog!!!

Lucy Marie says

Thank you. This will come in handy.

chupieandjsmama says

Thank you!! I just logged on to print out the one that I use and some how started reading blogs instead (not sure how that happened??) and now have an EVEN BETTER one. Can’t wait to put it to the test later today at the grocery :)

Debi says

Oh Laura, how very generous of you to share! I think it’s wonderful…so wonderful I might even get my disorganized butt back into menu planning. Seriously! :)
    Thank you!

Katie says

That is awesome!!! Thanks so much for sharing this with us Laura!

Tess says

Unreal Banana Peel!
    Thanks for this!

Ahh you gals are so sweet, I’m so glad you like it. You’ve made my day!!!

Laura

Kelli says

I like this one! I also have one on my site as well as a mini-giveaway :-)

Susanne says

This is great Laura! Thanks for all the work!

Sarah says

Am new to this site and am really enjoying it. I love the template, thanks for making it available. One change I might make to it, just to suit my style, is to divide the grocery list section into areas of the store (Produce, Dairy, Middle Aisles, etc.). When i don’t do this, I inevitably end up trucking back over to the produce because my list was all hodge-podge!

Thanks again! I love the site and connect so with your passions for organizing!

Jasmin says

Thank you so much. It will definetely come in handy!

Lisa says

Thanks! It looks great! I’ve always been in the habit of writing the recipe source anyway (otherwise I’d completely forget) but I really like the idea of having the grocery list on the same page. That’s sure to help me with the “Ooh, I forgot ______ for Tuesdays meal” items at the store.

Groovewoman says

I LOVE IT!! Thank you! I’ve been wanting something like this for sometime now. Genius. I appreciate it so much.
    Groovewoman

Mama Kalila says

Thanks! One question though, is it set up that we can adjust it a little? I plan out every meal (I just have too right now) and would have to squeeze to get it all in… I think. Gonna try when the comp comes back tonight (on borrowedtme right now).

Heather says

I like it! Thanks for posting it.

EmmyJMommy says

From the look of it I like it….I’m gonna use it this weekend planning for next week!!!! THANKS!

Tami says

Thank you for sharing. I really like that it has a grocery list area. I needed that.

Elaine H says

That is really great!! I’ll have to print that out here soon and utilize it. I’m so bad about actually writing down my menu that I actually have to open up my blog to remember what I’m serving each day. :roll:

Jenn says

Oh wonderful, how very helpful to have the grocery list right there!

Mama Kalila..you can’t adjust that one but I am working on one that allows for space for all three meals. Hope to get that done soon, stay tuned!

Kayren says

Awesome! The daisy in the bottom corner is a nice touch. :)

Coco says

Love it! Thank you!!

Courtney says

Thanks for the download. It will come in handy.

andi says

Thanks so much. it will make planning that much easier!

Kara says

This is a really fantastic template-easy to read and even easier to use!! I have planned weekly meals for quite some time now but always use scrap paper for my grocery list-this is much more organized:) Thank you for sharing!!!

Dusty says

Oh, I love that! Thanks so much for posting it and making one!

Annie says

Very nice job!!

Shannon H says

That’s great, thanks so much!

Michelle S says

Thanks so much! This will be so helpful!

ClutterCollector says

this is terrific!
    I’ve never quite been satisfied with other templates I’ve seen.
    Usually they’re geared more towards the person who created them (and I am not them!)
    But this one is clean, simple and generic.
    THANKS!

Patti says

Thank you so much. I have actually printed off 15 copies. I am set for several months on planned meals.

Sam says

I appreciate any and all help in the meal planning department. I feel completely inadequate here and am drawn like a moth to the flame to anything that has to do with meal planning. Its my thorn. Aack.

Lori says

Ahhh. That could work! I’m going to have to try it! Thanks!!!

Peggy says

THANK YOU! I just printed and also saved it for future use! You are so sweet!

Peggy

A Sunday In June says

Thank you so much for this form. I keep saying I’m going to start menu planning and the weeks just keep coming and going with me still running around asking “what in the world can I make for dinner tonight”. Printed out your form and I’m in the process of planning next week this morning. I love the way this is done because the grocery list is right there with the menu! Thanks again!

Cheryl says

Love the template! This works for me as I only plan the evening meal. The receipe source reminds to write down where the receipe is so I don’t have to scramble trying to remember where I saw or put that particular receipe. I like to try at least one new one per week so this is perfect.

Kathy says

This is GREAT, Love it!!

Holly says

Thank you so much!

Veggiemomof2 says

I love it! Now before someone eats something out of the pantry, they can check this shopping list on the menu to see if it was bought specifically for a recipe/meal.

I also like the recipe link so you can remember where you got it.

As far as download preferences, I’m cool with whatever, as long as it opens w/a free program.

Alison says

Wonderful–thank you so much!

Might I offer a suggestion?

You might divide the grocery list side into “zones” the way your grocery store is set up, from entrance to checkout.

For example:
    meat, chicken, or fish___________
    __________________________________
    _______________________________
    freezer items___________________
    _______________________________
    _________________________________

That way, you could look at each recipe and what you might need to purchase, and write those items under their proper “zone” on your list.

Hope Cantrall says

THANK YOU!!!!! I love it!!!

Helen says

Great menu planning idea!

How about a grocery shopping template? I have a shopping list based roughly on the organization of the store I typically frequent. In addition to general food categories I listed some brands we prefer based on our health needs / eating style. With specific items listed I don’t have to read labels every time and that expedites my shopping. As we think of items needed on our next grocery trip, the item is highlighted on the pre-printed list. The list also makes it easy for my husband to step in and shop when needed.

Cathy Tibbles says

Hi Laura,
    I have some on my site too! Maybe I could create a new one (scrapbooked?) for download at my site? pretty please? lol

And how DID you figure out the pdf thing?

happy Easter,
    Cathy

Rae says

Wonderful! Thank you!!

EmilyD says

Thanks for sharing!

Don’t know if you’ve heard about it … but there is a website that will convert most documents to pdf for FREE! I’ve used it several times and never had a problem. http://www.pdfonline.com

Christy says

Thanks for making this download available. I really love the recipe reference. That will come in handy when I want to refer back to that recipe later. I usually try to save my weekly plans for future ideas but sometimes can’t remember where that recipe was.

Dawn says

I used it when I did my planning/shopping this week, reaqll easy to use, thanks for sharing.

Thanks

LisaB says

Thanks for sharing, this is neat. If you have time, be sure to check out the printable kitchen substitution chart on my site.

Mrs. Cleaver says

I go shopping every other week. And we eat lunch as a family on the weekends. So I added these things to my template.

Thank you for the ideas and recipes.

For the past couple of years we have been in a rut with 45 planned meals. I can’t wait to try out some of the recipes that you have for your family. I see that you strech that dollar with a large family so feeding my family of 5 is in that same frame of mind. Thank you.

Terry says

I really like this..been trying to come up with one myself. Thanks.

Jessica says

I am new to website – is there somewhere to go and input the great recipes you have to make a shopping list and the actual weekly planner? I’m confused – it could be because it’s 1:30 in the morning too!! LOL Any help would be great
    Thanks!!

Kelly says

I’ll be using this for next week’s plan! Thanks for making me look good!

Angela says

Thanks! I love it and will definitely be using this every week.

marie says

thank you!

Kate says

Thank you for posting this – I just found it while thinking of ways to start organizing my life a little better (child starting school now so it is TIME).
    Peace!

shannon says

THANK YOU!

I could not find a weekly meal planner template that did NOT include sections for breakfast, lunch and snack. All I want to plan are dinners… and this will work PERFECTLY! I’m sorry, but who actually plans snacks?! I was getting so frustrated at not being able to find what I was looking for (and I am not savvy enough to make a template of my own, LOL!)… so again, THANK YOU!

jen brugger says

thank you! this is EXACTLY what i was looking for., a place to put where i found it and what day we are eating it. thank you for sharing.

Robin says

Thank you for making my life easier! This Menu Plan is simple and easy to use and I need easy and simple!

Angela says

Thanks so much for sharing! I really like that you include “recipe source” because I always forget where I found my recipe! I shared a link to this page on my blog today. Thanks again!

www.raspberryketone.pro says

Hello mates, nice paragraph and good arguments commented here, I am really enjoying by these.

Katrena Jeffries says