Menu Plan Monday ~ Feb 2nd - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ Feb 2nd

mpmpencil

Hi everyone!  Welcome to the beginning of February.  I only wish I was welcoming in February without massive amounts of snow falling outside my window.   I really start to get antsy for spring at this time of the year.

What a fantastic response to Menu Plan Monday we had last week!  Those of you participating for the first time, how did you find it went?  Was it easier or more complicated than you thought it would be?

Unfortunately for my household last week my hubby and I can down with some sort of flu bug so my menu plan went literally out the window.  As a result, a couple of last week’s recipes will be moved to this week instead.  Oh well, I guess it just means my grocery bill will be smaller this week :)

As you can see I’ve got another new banner for you to use on your site.  Isn’t it cute?  It’s another one created by Doodlebug Designs.   Of course I’m totally fine if you’d rather not use any banner at all but I do ask that you please link back to my post within yours if you are participating in MPM.  Thanks!

Also I feel I need to do a Mr. Linky reminder with regards to leaving spaces in the name field as I spent quite a bit of time last week fixing some of them up.   Not leaving spaces causes the columns to go all wonky on me.  So here is how to do it:

When adding your name to Mr. Linky please make sure to include some spaces. Here is an example of the right way: Laura (I’m an Organizing Junkie), and this is an example of the way not to do it: Laura(I’manOrganizingJunkie)

I hope and pray that all of you have a happy and healthy week ahead!

Monday: Pasta Sausage Bake

Tuesday: Asian Pork Tenderloin

Wednesday: Baked Teriyaki Chicken and Rosemary Red Potatoes

Thursday: Leftover buffet

Friday: Spaghetti

Saturday: Tortellini Primavera

Simple Supper Sunday

On my baking list this week:

Whole Grain Banana Bread

Oats ‘n’ Wheat Blueberry Muffins

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections here.

Comments

87 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ Feb 2nd”

Thanks for hosting, Laura! Hope you have a great week.

Danelle Ice / Homemaker Barbi

Christy says:

I am going to have to try that Whole Grain Banana Bread!

Love the rosemary red potatoes! I’ve got oodles of red potatoes to use up this week, so I might try them :)

Have a super week!

Erin

Rebecca says:

I hear you about the snow! We have snow EVERYWHERE right now. And we might get more this week.

Lisha says:

I am loving the new banners. Very cute:) Hope you and your family have a healthy week. Thanks again for hosting MPM!

mjpuzzlemom says:

Baked Teriyaki Chicken and Rosemary Red Potatoes look wonderful. Thanks for hosting MPM!

MJ

I’m putting all my hopes in Punxsatawney Phil tomorrow as I sit here and watch more and more snow fall! Spring can’t get here fast enough!! The baked chicken sounds great – I like the Asian flair.

Dawn says:

My first time to participate in MPM. Looking forward to many more opportunities! Thanks for hosting Laura!

~~Rhonda says:

Last week flew by. This week we have a birthday party planned, volleyball practice, music lessons, etc. Another busy week ahead. Planning the menu ahead of time makes busy weeks easier to handle! ~~Rhonda

Fran says:

Just wanted to drop a note to say I make that Asian pork tenderloin often. It is delicious. I have made it in the oven and in the crock pot, its delish both ways.
    Thanks for hosting MPM.

Have a blessed week
    Fran
    Illinois

Hope you are feeling better this week.

BabyGetGreen says:

Your meal plan looks really good! Thanks for doing this!
    Jamie

Laura, I wanted to post my menu on Mr. Linky, but he’s not showing up in your MPM post.

Thanks for doing this every week for us!

Here’s the link to my menu.

Jill says:

Those Oat and Wheat Blueberry Muffins look wonderful. I’m always looking for more healthy muffin recipes, they are one of my favorite snacks for the kids.

You could send some of that snow my way. I love snow but since I live in Oregon, we don’t get it often enough for my liking.

Jill

Roan says:

I thought I added myself this morning, but I I didn’t see my link so I added it again. Am I doing this wrong?
    Thanks!

Calimomto2 says:

Hi everyone! I’ve really enjoyed reading your menus week after week and finally decided to get my own blog up and running so I could join in!! This is my first week and I hope I did everything right!!
    thanks!! :)

Habbala says:

Totally grateful to have the motivation to get a menu planned each week, its helps so much!

purplemoose says:

Thanks for another week of meal plans. It worked so well last week that I thought I’d give it another shot this week. Who knows, maybe this accountability is what I need to get organized? It certainly helped the 4:30 p.m. “What on earth are we eating tonight?” rush.

~Spider~ says:

I also need to try that banana bread recipe!

Thank you for hosting this, I’ve been reading your blog for months and decided that it’s time to start MPM! I always look forward to seeing new recipes.

Hope you have a great week!

Alicia says:

I’m totally making banana bread this week too!

I was a meal planning virgin last week and I am back. I love it! Makes the whole week brainless:-) I need all the spare brain I can get during the week:-) Thanks for this blog carnival!!

Allie says:

Tortillini Primavera… It sounds so fancy! Thanks for continually inspiring me to have a menu! You keep me organized!

Allie
    Learningtobefrugal.com

Sarah says:

Thanks for hosting MPM. I’ve gotten so many great recipes and it has really inspired me to get organized and provide actual meals for my family.

This is my first time linking. And I heard about MPM through Tanya Dennis and through Frugal Granola.

Rita says:

We also had some colds run through our house, so our Meal Plan last week got a little messed up. But, since this is my 2nd week, it’s much easier and I’m figuring out my own format that I like. Have a great week!

Erika says:

Hmm, well, I’ve been posting for a short while here, but I know I found out about MPM through other blogs that I visit. Not sure which ones though off the top of my head, maybe Sweetnicks?

Angela says:

Looks like another yummy week. I love the new banners (both of them!)

Wendy says:

Sorry to hear you were sick, too. We went from the virus to 4 days without power. Really mixes up the menu plans.

Courtney says:

I might have to try that Asian Pork Tenderloin sometime. Have a great week!

Holli says:

How in the world am I always so late? :)

Thanks again for hosting. I love this!

Holli T.

Lori L. says:

I hope everyone is feeling better now! Was it soup, soup, and more soup last week? :) P.S. Please send your excess snow down to Tennessee, please!!

Love the new MPM button designs. My menu plan is up for the week although it was hard to come up with stuff for this week. Just wasn’t feeling it LOL We’ll play it by ear. Your meals sound yummy though.

Shawn says:

Hope you are feeling better! I just got over the flu so I know how it felt.

kat says:

Yum, we love Asian Pork Tenderloin

Money Funk says:

Love finding new meal ideas cuz I am also searching to find a meal my whole family enjoys!

Sheila says:

Loving it! (And I don’t mean in a mcdonald’s kinda way!)

Susan Rizzo says:

I was new here last week and I am finding it much easier to do then I thought it would except that when I linked this week I did not link to my current post Oooops sorry

My current post

Susan

Angela says:

Thanks for doing this. It helps me to remember to make a menu each week!

The Roost says:

I do hope your home is on the mends with everyone feeling better! I have to say I am dieting this week with eating out almost every meal last week in NY…..It was well worth it though ;)

Betty says:

Thanks for the menu site!

I gave you a blogger award because your blog is inspiring. You can check it out on my blog at http://www.whatjensays.blogspot.com

Laurie Ann says:

I just wanted to stop in and say congratulations for being one of the Internet Cafe’s Top 100 Christian Women’s Blogs of 2008! Your blog truly does bless!

Erica says:

Thanks for hosting. I always get so many ideas from Menu Plan Monday

I am sorry to hear you had a bug last week. I wasn’t feeling to great either! Most of my meals were already in the freezer so it didn’t throw us off too much! Hope you have a better week!
    Toni

Sam says:

The pasta sausage bake sounds so yummy!

Jenny says:

Another huge turnout, nice.

Callina says:

New here, first time with MPM, but I think it’s a great idea! I love reading about what others are eating :)

Sarah H. says:

Great turnout!!

We made homemade calzones over the weekend, using a recipe out of the amazing book “Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day.” I highly recommend the book!!!

Heather says:

WOW–you have quite a following for MPM! That’s great; now I just have to figure out who’s menu to check out. Thanks for hosting.

Wazz Mommy says:

I found your website through The Mother Load. I need all the organization I can get! :)

This might be my favorite banner ever!

I’m making some oat and banana muffins this week, very similar to the recipe you’ve linked to for the banana bread. Last time I used half white flour, and the other half was oatmeal and wheat flour. You couldn’t even tell there was wheat flour or oats in it. The kids gobbled them up. When I make them this week I’m going to increase the oats and wheat flour. After I get the recipe just right I’ll post it. :)

Have a good week!

Lisa says:

I thought I would stop by and say I give God the glory for what you’re doing in Christ being recognized on your blog in the Internet Cafe.

God bless you as you keep your heart close to HIS.

Trish says:

Happy Monday!!

I can not find a Mr. Linky on this post….is anyone else able to share their menus? Am I just missing something?

Tracey says:

Love the term “leftover buffet” sounds so much better than just leftovers! :)

Sarah says:

I’m back for a second week. Thanks for hosting!

Tracy says:

Great new banner, how can I obtain one for the next MPM.

Gina says:

Yeah…I love looking at other peoples menus for ideas. I posted menu plan videos up this week too. Can you tell I got a Flip cam for Christmas?

Maureen says:

Thanks for the menu! I shop on Wednesdays, so this gives me just the right amount of time to plan my meals before I hit the grocery store. I have been in a menu rut lately too!

Deb says:

I just want to thank you for putting these up with the links. I love trying new recipes!

Beth says:

I’m going to try the Pasta Sausage Bake this week. Thanks for the link!

Maria Burke says:

your meal plan looks super yummy! I’ll have to try the rosemary potatos!

Courtney says:

So no menu plan this week! but i’m super excited to get started for next week. I’m cooking for one! and that seems to be something underrepresented… recipes aren’t made for one sadly :( but I’ll “make it work” like Tim Gunn says!

Gina says:

Thanks!I always look forward to this!

It’s a pity you don’t have a donate button! I’d without a doubt donate to this superb blog! I suppose for now i’ll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to new updates and will share this site with my Facebook group. Chat soon!

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. [...] more menu ideas see Org Junkie and Gluten Free Goodness February 1st, 2009 in Food, [...]

2. [...] a great week!  Check out hundreds of other meal plans at Organizing Junkie. Category: Menus, RecipesTags: apple dip > menu plan > red beans and [...]

3. [...] You can find more menu and recipe ideas at Menu Plan Monday. [...]

4. [...] Click HERE to visit I’m an Organizing Junkie’s Menu Plan Monday [...]

5. [...] you want to see what others are having for dinner this week just head on over to The Organizing Junkie and check out the links in Mr. [...]

6. [...] You can find more Menu Plan Monday menus here. [...]

7. [...] I’ll keep you posted on how this new format works for us, and you can find many, many more wonderful menus over at the Organizing Junkie! [...]

8. [...] Head on over to Organizing Junkie for more great menu plans. [...]

9. [...] out all the other entries this week over at I’m An Organizing Junkie for tons of meal planning inspiration. This entry was posted on Monday, February 2nd, 2009 at 6:43 [...]

10. [...] the original Menu Plan Monday for more menu ideas from people all over the country and beyond. February 02nd 2009 Posted to [...]

11. [...] Join us for Menu Plan Monday [...]

12. [...] Enjoy the other menus on this Monday over at org junkie’s site. [...]

13. [...] If you’d like to participate or see more menu plans, be sure to visit I’m an Organizing Junkie! [...]

14. [...] Menu Plan Monday is hosted by the Organizing Junkie. [...]