Menu Plan Monday ~ Feb 23rd

mpmpencil

Last week, when my laptop died, I lost the majority of the recipes I had bookmarked so I’m looking forward to checking out the MPM links to re-build my collection.  Thanks to a reader, I’ve now been introduced to Foxmarks so I shouldn’t ever lose my Bookmarks again.

Some of you ask questions in the comments on Menu Plan Monday posts and I just wanted to let you know that I find it easier to answer your questions right in the comments on Mondays.  I’m not sure if you knew that or not so please be sure to check back in the comments if you’ve left a question.  Just didn’t want you to miss it or think I was ignoring you.

My favorite recipe last week was definitely the Hearty Pasta Tomato Soup.   I’d even make it for company it was that good and the recipe makes quite a bit too.

Alrighty I’m keeping this short and sweet because I have a sick little boy that wants to cuddle and watch Thomas together.

Monday: Hoison & Honey Pork Tenderloin (missed from last week) served with rice and broccoli

Tuesday: Teriyaki Chicken served with perogies and frozen veggies

Wednesday: Oriental Chicken Wraps using up leftover chicken

Thursday: Spaghetti served with Mexican Spaghetti Sauce (minus the ground beef)

Friday: Quick & Easy Homemade Pizza (this recipe also works great gluten free if you sub in a gluten free flour mix – link includes my favorite tried and true gluten free flour blend)

Saturday: Ground Beef Shepherd’s Pie

Simple Supper Sunday

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU THIS WEEK?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections are here.

Comments

89 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ Feb 23rd

Barbara says

The Oriental Chicken Wraps look delicious… they may have to make an appearance on Saturday for lunch!

Homemaker Barbi says

Congratulations to Vanessa on winning the year’s worth of menus! What a treat!

Danelle Ice / Homemaker Barbi

Whitney says

I’m going to have to try that Teriyaki Chicken. Yummy!!

Sarah (GenMom) says

This is great! I’ll be back in the AM when I am more awake and check out more sites.

Tracey says

I Love Asian food. You have a talent for making all your dishes sound like royal feasts!

Tracey, I’m not sure about that LOL but I do have a thing for asian foods. Yummy!! I’d be so lost in the kitchen without my recipes.

ter says

trying again to get back to menu planning… it’s so hard cooking for one when I’m used to cooking for two. :(

Kaycee says

Your menu looks great, I’m trying a few new dishes this week as well. Thanks again for hosting.

April says

Thanks for hosting. Can not wait to check out other menus. I think this weekend will bring asian food to my house!

Please check my link (#83). If it is incorrect please let me know what I do wrong VERY WEEK!

Thanks again

purplemoose says

Another good and tasty week! Thanks!

creative triplet mom says

I too lost all my bookmarks for recipes. Anyway while using the kids computer this week I noticed my e-mail account (yahoo) has a notepad feature that hey I never knew existed until my computer crashed and I lost everything. Now, I’ve been adding recipes to that and even putting them in different folders so I can quickly click on crockpot chicken and find a recipe for that category. I’ve been using yahoo mail for years now and really didn’t realize that it had notepad until now go figure!

Dianne says

This is my first time sharing! I forgot to link it directly to my post though. Oops! Newbie mistake! I love looking at everyone’s meal plans and blogs. Great sharing!

Joelle Folian says

Thanks for hosting, I can’t wait to check out the other great menu’s.

Sharon says

Aw, sorry you lost some of your recipes! I always try to link to as many as possibly from my blog in case that happens. I have still lost some, though, due to the linked site’s changes, etc. I hope your new system works well!

Shepherd’s Pie is one of our favorites. Enjoy! I think I’ll be adding that on to next week’s plan. Thanks!

Erin says

Strictly speaking. . . if it’s made with ground beef it’s cottage pie not shepherd’s pie. . . My Brit hubby also reminds me of this. . . =)

Heidi @ GGIP says

Your menu looks wonderful. Thanks so much for hosting!

ToyLady says

I’m thrilled to have found this site! Thanks for the great ideas!

Country Lady says

My week runs odd and I don’t start my menu until Thursday, but I love reading everyone’s menus early so I can have new ideas for mine by Thursday.

Jenny says

We are making the same thing this week. :-)

Angie (Losing It and Loving It) says

Ohh the oriental chicken wrap sounds good minus the mandarin oranges LOL Hubs might like them though.

Happy Monday! Hope your little one gets better soon.

The Happy Housewife says

The honey pork tenderloin sounds delicious! We don’t eat much pork around here, but I might have to make an exception!
    Toni

kat says

That pork sounds tasty

Sharon says

Hi this is actually my second menu plan monday but I forgot to note first time last time.

Thanks for these.

Sarah H. says

Sorry about your laptop! :( Good thing you bookmark recipes via MPM.

Erica Brooks says

Looking forward to all of the great recipes this week.

Wendy says

Thanks again Laura. I’m ading that Pasta Tomato Soup to my menu next week.

Betty says

Thanks for the kool website!

Casey says

Your menu looks wonderful. I might have to try the oriental chicken for my Mystery Meal!!! Thanks for sharing.

Beth T says

Thanks for hosting Menu Plan Monday!

Melissa says

I have to say that my hubby and just dicovered Hoisin Sauce and it is delicious, I encourage everyone to try that recipe

Holli says

Hey-hey!!!!!!!! I’m in under 300 this week!

Thanks again for hosting. It is now how I start my week. Sometimes on Tuesday, but it is how I think of starting my week now. :)

Holli T.

faith says

I got a couple of ideas from the other MPM-ers. I love having menus planned for the entire week!

Elizabeth says

My doctor has me on the Alli plan. My meal plan for this week is approx. 1500 calories and 15% calories from fat, a day. I have 5 breakfasts, 5 lunches, and 5 dinners. Stop by and see how yummy and healthy the food is!

Elizabeth says

Could you please delete #321 in the Linky? It auto-filled in the URL and it goes to the wrong blog, I corrected it in the next link. Thanks!!

Lady in a Smalltown says

del.icio.us is also a very good bookmark saving site. You can tag every bookmark and then find them by tag.

Denise says

I haven’t done MPM in awhile and haven’t blogged much lately due to life biting me in the hiney. However, I’m baaaaaack! Missed reading all the great recipes. :)

Jodi says

Wow! I am so happy to find this. I’m always looking for new ideas for my family’s menus! Can’t wait to visit all the sites!

Steph says

I have a pork tenderloin in my freezer – your Monday meal sounds fabulous! Can’t wait to hear how you like it.

I am having a hard time menu planning while morning sick, would love some advice if you have any to give…

Happy MPM, have a great week!
    Steph

dawn godek says

Thanks for the pizza dough recipe. Still loving menu planning!!

melissa says

I am really enjoying reading all of the recipes that people place on the menu planning Mondays. I was starting to get stuck in a rut for cooking and thankfully saw this on a friends blog and decided to jump over here and see what it was about. Thanks again

Trish says

The Oriental Chicken Wraps sound good. Thanks for sharing!

Jami says

This is my first time and I, too, forgot to put it in my link – sorry! I love all the menus and wanted to be a part of this- Thanks!

Carey says

Mexican Spaghetti Sauce? I’ve always considered myself a very adventurous eater, and pretty well educated in the world of food, but you always are able to lead me to new things I haven’t heard of. I’ll have to try it!

Misty says

I’m just wondering what brand of Hoison sauce you use. I tried it in a recipe and it stunk to high heaven and tasted just like it smelled! I love oriental food and a lot of recipes call for Hoison and I’m a little gun shy now…Thanks!

Susanne says

Mmmm, the recipes you posted sound delish!

Misty I use Lee Kum Kee Hoison Sauce and it’s really delicious. The tenderloin and sauce tonight was awesome, I would definitely make it again.

Laura

The Roost says

Just wanted to say Hi Laura! Love that Shepherd Pie on Saturday! :)

Chrissy says

There are a ton of great recipes. I cannot wait to try them out.

Elaine H says

I’m not sure what is happening with Mr Linky but I did post my link here last night (I write down what number I am after posting) at #130 but for some reason my link is not showing up though the trackback for the link I posted in my blog is here. I’m getting tired of this happening each week.

jen says

WOW Laura! You are almost to 500! I’m so proud and excited for you! i know this excites you. I’m here every week getting food ideas….thanks for hosting this.

Chrissy says

I am new. Not to menu planning, but to your MPM. Fantastic Idea. I have actually done “menu plan monday” but not here. Thanks for hosting it. Cant wait to get tons of great ideas!

Comments