Menu Plan Monday ~ Sept 15th

I’m posting a little earlier today to give the easterners a chance to be in the top 100.  I know it’s hard when I post late on Sunday night but I usually am only able to blog once the kids are in bed.  Today my hubbie has taken the kids out to a picnic which is why I’m able to post a little earlier but I really won’t be able to do it on a regular basis.  Sorry!

Recipe highlight:

My favorite recipe from last week was the Baked Chicken and Acorn Squash.

Talk about tasty and the squash didn’t even taste terrible.  I usually don’t like the taste but the squash in this recipe is so well flavored it totally masks the squash flavor :)   I only had chicken thighs on hand so I used all chicken thighs (which I like better) and no drumsticks.  I would definitely serve this pretty dish to company as well accompanied with a side of rice or potatoes.  The best part is that it is gluten, dairy and egg free so it was a recipe the entire family could eat.  Look for it to be added to my Family Favorites Recipe Index soon.

So I hope everyone had a wonderful week.  I’m delighted to see so many newbies join us.  Welcome to all of you.  I am loving the menu planning enthusiasm oh yes I am!

I received a terrific suggestion from Michelle of Life with Three last week and I’d like to run with the idea for next week’s Menu Plan Monday and I do hope you will all join in the fun.  On Monday, September 22nd I will host a special Menu Plan Monday Family Favorites edition.

Photobucket

What I’m looking for is for each participant to include the recipe or recipe link of at least one (but more if you like!) of your family’s favorite meal(s).  That’s it, easy right?!  So start thinking about which recipe you’d like to include and be sure to grab the button above next week to let everyone know you are playing along.

So on to what we’ll be eating this week:

Monday: Fajitas

Tuesday: Sirloin Caesar Salad

Wednesday: Chicken Mozarella

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: Homemade Pizza

Saturday: Beef Stew

Sunday: If you can find it you can eat it!

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections here.

The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Comments

77 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ Sept 15th

Rachel says

Your beef stew recipe sounds awesome!

The Happy Housewife says

Sirloin Caesar salad sounds yummy! The chicken and acorn squash looks appealing, if you can’t taste the squash! Not a big fan, although I am trying to like it!
    Yipee for the East Coast!!!
    Toni

Lori ~ Simple Life says

Thank you!!! It’s so nice not to find myself being number 325! Had I known I’d be number 20, I would have done a better job!!! Keeping us on our toes, huh?

The sirloin caesar salad sounds delicious!

Tina says

Sounds yummy! Thanks for giving us eastern girls a chance this week :)

Amy says

I’m an Eastern Girl but you know what? I always feel bad for those at the end of the line so I start from the bottom up!

Sandra says

Glad you posted it early Laura, this way we get to see a lot of the names that are usually the last on the list. :)

Your menu sounds great, thank you for always hosting.

Hugs,
    Sandra

Justine says

That was thoughtful of you for us Easterners, but you threw me for a loop, I checked in early by chance and couldn’t believe it was already up! I must say though I did get in at #1 one week! :)

Gina says

Thanks for mixing it up this week! I usually stay up waaaaay too late waiting for your post. :)

Joyful Days says

That acorn chicken and squash sounds great!! Your whole week looks like things my guys would love.

Blessings,

Julie

Elaine says

Well somehow when I was posting my link to the Mr. Linky I got it wrong on #52 so if it could be deleted that would be great. My correct link is at #54. Sorry about any confusion that I caused.

mjpuzzlemom says

I am going to like the earlier posting! Your menu looks yummy! Thanks for sharing!

MJ

Tammi says

I love beef stew. I haven’t started making soups yet since the weather here has still been hot and humid. This coming week is supposed to be cooler so I look forward to starting to put soups back on my menu. Now, which one do I start with? lol

Amy @ MomsToolbox says

I am especially thankful for Menu Planning Monday this week! I can’t wait to check out and use everyone else’s great ideas.(All my cookbooks are at home. Without electricity. I’m hoping these posts can make me a great houseguest.)

Nonnie says

I wish I could convince my monsters that carrots weren’t a form of torture. I love beef stew and can’t imagine it without carrots!

Alissa says

Can’t wait for the family favorites edition!

Sharon says

Thanks from an EST person for posting earlier! :)

Have a great week. Looks delicious!

Amy says

The Family Favorites sound like a great idea! I think I’ll try your beef stew recipe next week. It’s getting to be that time of year already! :)

Pamela says

Oops! I forgot to remoce the “I’m new” thing, sorry about that :( I like the favourites idea, though, I’ll have to do some rummaging!!

mom_of2boys says

I’ve never made beef stew or any other kind of soup. But I think I might give your beef stew recipe a try. It sounds good!

Thanks for hosting MPM! Have a great week!

Jen D. says

The chicken dish sounds good. I may have to borrow that recipe and add it to my collection.

Michelle says

So, this is just my second time and you know, life worked sooo well last week doing this. Between being a single parent, student, employee, volunteer, and all around crazy person, I really loved knowing there was food (healthy!) to eat and what I was doing.

Linda Parker says

recipe blog:
    I am not skilled to make banners but I was wondering if you could design one that was more ‘fall’/ holiday?
    It sure would be eye-catching during the upcoming seasons. My friends all say they love that I do it but I can’t seem to convince any of them to do it..How can I make them realize that it is a money saver? They all say it would be too time consuming. I nedd to make their menu and their grocery list and post the recipes for each day. Don’t you think this is crazy???

Organizing Mommy says

I like the earlier posting also!! I don’t like to stay up so late Sunday night. Thanks! Family favorite sounds great, since I’m getting ready to write about; pasties, a traditional food from my homeland (U.P. of Michigan)

savvysuzie says

I love the idea of family favorites! MPM is such a great resource for recipes, but not everything is “tested”…I can already think of a few that I can contribute! Thanks again for all you do!

Michelle says

it sounds like a delicious week. have a great day.

kiy says

Looks yummy, pizza is on our menu too. :)

Cheers, Kiy

Leeann says

Dear Laura,

I want to give you a great big hug, thank you and shout out for remembering my suggestion and putting it into play so soon. That is just marvelous of you and I can see from your comments that it was appreciated. You’re the best!

I was out of town for the last four days so I will be seeing what we have and making up my menu tomorrow. I have the feeling there won’t be much in the house!!

Once again, thank you. You really do rock.

Leeann
    niccofive.blogspot.com

Half Pint Pixie says

Hi, long-time reader but first-time joining in! It’s all very exciting, hope I can keep myself organised now :)

Char says

Yummy looking menus this week. I’m trying some new recipes this week. I have made a deal with the kids that one night a week we try a new recipe and we all help making it.

Angie says

Your menu sounds great this week. I love acorn squash so I’m glad you enjoyed your chicken and squash recipe last week.

Rona says

You’ve got some yummy favorites listing on this week’s menu plan.
    I wish you a terrific week.

Lisa says

Not too exciting this week. Cleaning out the freezer.

Margaret says

I already know what I’m going to post for Family Favorites!

Julie says

I am looking forward to sitting down tonight and reading through some of the menus that have been posted. I love doing that, especially in the fall! I always am energized to cook when the weather cools down. Crockpot meals sound good, so next week I am going to focus on those. Looking forward to Family Favorites edition next week! We are actually eating our family favorite tonight~ my grandfather’s chicken pot pie recipe. Yum!!

kat says

That chicken & squash sure looks good! We’re doing homemade pizza this week too. Great idea for next week, I already know which recipe I’ll do.

Kristen says

Better late then never… the menu is up :)

webbmania says

Family Favorites sounds like a fun idea! I even switched my menus around for this week to save a couple family favorites for next week:) Happy MPM!

Annie says

I love this line in your recipe review:
    “the squash didn’t even taste terrible.”

Heeheehee.
    I’m going to have to give that one a try, though. I actually like squash but I always running out of ways to use it. You can only make so many pureed-squash soups before the family rebels.

Have a great week to all the MPM participants!

Becca says

Thanks for posting this every week! It’s such a great idea!

Courtney says

Great idea for next week, I plan to participate! (hope I remember. lol) Mine for this week is up also.

CM says

Left my first menu today!

Stacee says

Ok – I don’t know why it put first time in there, I was being a lazy dork and went my comp started auto completing the entry I just clicked on it, geez. Ignore that the first time remark, lol :)

You can add us to the homemade pizza this week list also :) YUM!

Your recipe sounds WONDERFUL! I can’t wait to try it!

Blessings~
    Laura

Lisa says

Have you checked to see if your blog will allow future dated posts? Thats what I do on mine sometimes, such as when I’m doing a series of posts (I write up the whole series, then date them when I want them to “go live”). This would help in letting you “blog” at night time, yet want it to “go live” at a different time. I can’t tell what you use, but I use a self hosted wordpress. I believe blogger lets you do this method also. Not sure about typepad.

Yes I use WordPress.org and have done auto posting in the past. The problem seems to be with Mr. Linky. I’m not sure how to include that in an auto post as it is something I turn on after I have published my post.

Anyone know?

Steph says

My first chance to maybe make it in the top 100 and we don’t have power?! ;) sigh…your menu sounds delish!

have a wonderful week, I love the idea for Sept. 22!

The Roost says

I love seeing the Beef Stew on the list! Fall is in the air :)

Kim says

Can you believe it? Two weeks in a row. You need to come to Kansas and help me finish organizing this house so I can blog more often. I’ll feed you while you are here…LOL.

Kari says

This is my first time posting, though not my first time reading. Our menu is a bit boring this week. We are on our first full week of GF/CF dieting for our son’s special dietary needs. So it’s a whole new ball game now and I am trying to get used to playing it. =)

JC says

Not too exciting this week… well, maybe. Ike came through unexpectedly, so our menu has changed from home cooked meals, to energy bars and mcdonalds to whatever you can find in the pantry!

Kim says

Thanks! This is my first time posting as well!!!

Alan says

Your blog is very much worthy of a bookmark. Thank you for the well done post!

Comments