Menu Plan Monday ~ Sept 1st

Welcome to a brand new week and a brand new month!  Ahh I love a fresh month especially this one as it’s a month of new beginnings with the kids going back to school on Tuesday.

Today I made some delicious cookies and am bestowing the honor of Cookie of the Week to my friend The Queen B.  Oh my heavens, these are not to be missed.  You have just got to try B’s Best Cookies Ever.  The secret ingredient happens to be coconut which I love but Queen B, who isn’t normally a fan of the coconut, says she still loves these little clumps of goodness!  I couldn’t agree more!

Last week I made the Roasted Pepper Ravioli Bake (which was awesome!) and the recipe taught me how to roast peppers.  Who knew it was so easy to do?  So I went back down to the grocery store and bought another bag of peppers (on sale for $3.99 a bag) and will roast up those to put away in the freezer.  After a little googling I found out that you can roast the peppers and then just freeze them whole with their skins still on for future use.  Talk about feeling domesticated…lol.

If you haven’t had a chance yet be sure to check out our Family Favorites Recipe Index.

Here is what we’ll be eating this week:

Monday: Fajitas

Tuesday: Chicken Tetrazzini

Wednesday: Spicy Southwest Bean & Corn Salad

Thursday: Mom’s Best Meatloaf (my hubbie has been whining for meatloaf) served with baby potatoes and broccoli

Friday: Mexican Chicken Soup

Saturday: Pineapple Sirloin Kabobs

Sunday: If you can find it, you can eat it cause this momma ain’t cooking!

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines and banner selections here.

The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Comments

67 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ Sept 1st

Amy @ MomsToolbox says

Those pineapple sirloin kabobs sound scrumptious! Those might be on my menu next week!

PlanningQueen says

Those cookies do sound nice. Will have to add them to my “To Cook” list.

Michelle says

Oh the pineapple sirloin kebabs sound delicious..hmm might have to try them later this week..Thanks for hosting..

Thefrugalmomblog.com says

Your menu sounds yummy. We are having meatloaf also. I am going to bookmark that cookie recipe as I am going to start baking much more now that summer is ending. Have a great day!!

Rachael says

I’ll be checking that family favorites box soon!

Chris says

I have found some wonderful new recipes from your menu plans over the last few weeks.

mjpuzzlemom says

The kabobs look good. Thaks for sharing.

MJ

Angela says

Ha Ha… isn’t it funny when our darling husbands ‘request’ certain meals (AKA: whining)??? They are just like the kids, only bigger and usually louder. ;)

LOL…Angela it’s so true. I do not like meatloaf myself which is why I never make it but I thought I’d be nice this week and give him a little meatloaf surprise :)

Cathy | Strawberries says

I love a new month too! And can you just smell fall coming? Ohhhh it’s getting exciting. :) I posted some recipes to help moms packing lunches for the gluten-free diets.

Heidi says

I make something similar to the ravioli bake- I may have to try adding the peppers next time! Sounds so good!

Lisha says

I found our website last week and have enjoyed reading through all the recipes. I am excited to join in this week!

kiy says

If we were eating cookies (any sweets, really) I’d make those cookies in a heartbeat. But, they look so scrumptious that I saved the recipe. Maybe at Christmastime I can use hubby’s office for an excuse to make some! Your menu looks wonderful, I am a sucker for anything-kabob!

Cheers, Kiy

Tammi says

Seems meatloaf is the hot item for this week! I am making it for supper tonight. Great sounding menu!

Janne says

Posted this week: A vegetarian, mostly make-ahead menu.

Allie says

The meatloaf looks delicious! Have a great week!

Allie
    Learningtobefrugal.com

Janne says

Mmmmmm. I just checked out that ravioli recipe. I may have to file it away for next week. It looks yummy!

Sharon says

Good Morning & Happy Labor Day!

Laura,
    I apologize. When I did the Mr. Linky, my name was in from something I did on Saturday, so it shows “1st time”, which it isn’t. Sorry!

Any way to correct that?

Sherry says

Im’ making the tetrazzini this week, too. LOL! :D

Naomi Does Frugal says

Meatloaf is even yummier when you add a cheese-stick into the middle!

Wendy says

I am adding the Mexican Chicken Soup to next weeks menu. It looks yummy!

Mom24@4evermom says

I’m craving meatloaf too, and I don’t even like it that much! lol. Sounds like a yummy week at your house.

sandy says

Happy September Laura!

I love this month … great menu planning!

Laura Moore says

I love getting new recipes!! The corn and bean salad sounds great. We might try that next week.

Carla says

I can’t wait to check out some other folks’ menus…but alas, I still have packing to do. :( Plus I have to drive to my inlaws to pick up the kiddos today (one hour each way) so that puts me even farther behind on my packing. Anyway…my menu is super simple this week b/c of the moving, but it will work. I dont’ have recipes up yet, but I will get them posted tonight.
    Happy Eating, everyone!

kat says

It is surprising how easy it is to roast peppers though I still wimp out sometimes & buy them in a jar.

savvysuzie says

oh. my. goodness. cookie heaven.

The Mommy says

I love your site! I’d love to participate in MPM, and probably will once I get myself a bit more organized. Thank you so much for all your recipes links. I love to cook for my family!

JJ - Lady Di says

I’m glad the ravioli worked out. I’m starting to want the Fall meals – and it is starting to be a bit cooler. I know enough not to believe it though. :)

Pam says

This is my first time linking up with you on this!! I have been doing this faithfully for three weeks and am excited to get on board with these links!! Thanks!

Belinda says

Well, I have posted mine!! Take a look and let me know what you think. Most are done in the crockpot/slow-cooker, so simple and time saving!!

Steph @ Problem Solvin Mom says

The mexican chicken soup sounds delish, I’m going to have to try it and those fab cookies!! Happy MPM, even though I’m terribly late today…

Tameka says

The spicy southwest bean & corn salad sounds really good!!

Jen D. says

The cookies look so tasty. I love how you always post your recipe links. I am not a lazy poster; I just don’t usually have the recipe link to post. Thank you for hosting this every week. It is the one post I usually do during the week. :)

Louise says

Hi I am looking forward to menus planning with you all and getting lots of inspiration to feed my family.
    Louise x

Courtney says

A day late, but mine is up now. Those cookies look sooo yummy, by the way!

Marcia "HDMac" McFar says

i apologize… i posted the wrong link first!!! The second one has the correct link for this week!!! :( Sorry!!!

Lisa says

Joining in, maybe I’ll get inspired

Kristen says

OK – a day late, but its up!

Heather Walker says

Thank you to all of you who are helping me get organized and become a better mom and wife! I subscribed to listplanits and I have now started planning our meals for a month! I felt so organized at the grocery this past weekend with my list and menu and I will start posting my menus soon also!

The biggest issue I have is that I have a 15 month old who won’t eat alot of things. He is kind of picky about trying new things so it is kind of hard to find things that he can eat. If any of you out there have or have had similar issues, I’d love to hear from you with ideas, recipes, etc.! heatherwalker@cinci.rr.com

Thank you again for providing a place where we can get organized and share!

Love, Heather

Margie says

I’ve been menu planning through this site for awhile now, but am just now joining in. Thank you SO much for inspiring me to plan it out.

M :)

Sherida says

Short week this week for me. I’m a little late posting, since we took yesterday off to relax and visit family.

Susan says

I liked this very much the first week – week 2 will be even better!

Pennies In My Pocket says

Day late here … I’m doing the Cranberry-Chipotle Turkey again this week (link included) – it was FAAAABULOUS last week!!

~melody~

Lisa says

I made those cookies – FABULOUS!! Thanks for the recipe.

liv mac says

Hi,I’ve just started menu planning and have found your website very helpful and full of lots of ideas. I’ve added a link to my menu planning post on my blog but think i’ve put myself on twice oops. can you delete the one that does’nt link to the menu planning post?

liv mac

Jeannie says

I’m soooooooooooooooooooooo shad I missed out this week!!! Being off work on Monday had me lost!!! lol

I will be back on for next week!!!!

weight loss recipe says

I blog often and I truly appreciate your content. This great article has really peaked my interest. I’m going to take a note of your site and keep checking for new information about once per week. I opted in for your RSS feed as well.

Comments