Menu Plan Monday ~ March 3rd

mpm8.jpg

Welcome! Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I’m so thankful for all of you that come by here week after week and participate with me. So very cool!

Previous menu highlights:

Buttermilk Wheat Rolls ~ I absolutely loved these buns made in the bread machine. Healthy, easy and delicious!!

Sausage Spinach Bake ~ we enjoyed this recipe, it’s sort of like a quiche casserole. Again though I’d recommend using half the amount of spinach but that might just be me :)

This week I’m trying four new recipes. My friends think I’m crazy for always trying out new recipes, but I just love it and Taste of Home rarely lets me down. That would explain why most of my recipes come from there :)

My menu for this week:

Monday: Taco Crescent Bake (Happy Birthday Mom!!)

exps26590_qc10481d55.jpg

Tuesday: Crockpot Brown Sugar Chicken served with rice and broccoli

Wednesday: Angel hair pasta with garden vegetables (Happy Birthday Bro!!)

exps14643_lt10165c7.jpg

Thursday: Leftover Buffet

Friday: Turkey Burgers and 5 minutes fries

exps1786_th0401c44.jpg

Saturday: Chicken Pizza using homemade pizza dough

exps30800_qc944048d27b.jpg

JOIN US!  WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines here.

The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Comments

69 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ March 3rd

sea says

I am SO EXCITED to be first! yayyyy!

And I personally think life would be boring without new recipes, so enjoy! I hope all your recipes this week turn out well.

-Sea

Jenn says

That Taco Bake looks good!

Celeste says

Great menu :+) I’ve been enjoying your blog for a few weeks. I love getting to share my menu with everyone, too :+)

Beth says

The taco crescent bake looks like something that would be a big hit here!

Have a great week.

sea says

Oops, I’m so sorry- I was so excited to post first that I messed up my first link. My link as entry #9 actually works. *wail of disappointment*

-Sea

PS i couldn’t figure out a way to fix or delete the incorrect entry under #1. If there is a way to do so, just let me know. :)

PlanningQueen says

I heard a chef on the radio last weekend and he suggested that you should cook a new dish at least once a month and then cook it another 3-4 times in a relatively short period, so that you can add it your routine dishes. I think I might give this approach a go. I am not brave enough to try to many new ones at once!

Michelle says

those all sound good!!! we’re also trying new recipes too this week.. thanks as always for hosting every week. you rock!!! ;-)

Forgetfulone says

Angel hair pasta and garden vegetables – mmmm. That sounds delicious as does chicken pizza. I’ll only be eating at home twice this week, so I’m not posting a menu this time.

Sea I can go in and delete your incorrect link for you. Thanks for letting me know.

Karen@FamilyBriefs says

The crockpot brown sugar chicken sounds so easy and yummy – we’ll have to give that a try next time chicken is on sale! Thanks for hosting – everything looks great :)

Jessie says

This is my first time to participate. Hopefully I will find some great new meal ideas to try. Thanks!

Natalie says

That chicken pizza sounds great!

Mama T says

This is my second time to participate. I got so many great ideas last week. Thanks so much for offering this! Oh, the
    crockpot brown sugar chicken looks like something I might like to try. Yum!

Judy says

Taste of Home is on my menu for the whole week just about. I rely on it pretty often. Your menu looks great.

Jen L says

HaHa!! I have it on my menu for tomorrow night my self! I hope you like the Crockpot Brown Sugar Chicken. It reminds me of sweet & sower chicken a little.

Cheryl (Copper'sWife says

Thanks, once again, for setting this up and hosting it! It’s fun for me to be able to share some new recipes and links to some older ones.

Vivi says

I am constantly looking for new recipes – that’s partly why I signed up for MPM! In fact, I’m trying one that I found here last week and can’t wait to try it. Thanks for hosting as always, Laura! :)

Mamma D says

The taco bake looks good… and now that the DH is on acid medicine… I think I will make it next week!!

Sheila King says

Sounds like you have a tasty week planned. I may come back this evening and check out of a few of your recipes listed for this week! They sounded so wonderful!
    Have a blessed week!

Write From Karen says

Morning everyone! What perfect timing! I participated this week to motivate myself to find new recipes – we’re in the recipe slump again. And from the looks of it, there are plenty of new recipes to be had.

LOVE the Menu Plan Monday! *wave*

orneryswife says

Oops. I forgot to put on my first link that it was wheat and sugar free. It’s been a while since I put that on, but I know some people want to know… Thanks again for hosting this every week, Laura.

BTW, I have been thinking about you a lot on this trip. I have seen several organization stores here in W. Palm Beach. I’ll have to go in one and take some pictures if I can get Ornery to stop. We don’t have anything like that in Tulsa that I know of, so it might be fun to just browse!
    Have a good week.
    TM

mjpuzzlemom says

Good MOrning Laura. your menu looks yummy! Thanks for hosting MPM!

MJ

geekyPoet says

Wow, I can’t believe there are so many menus posted already! I’m 112 and it’s not even 8:30 am.

Kelly says

Hi Laura!! I’m new here, and adore all your organization skills!! Thanks for letting me join in!! So many talented sites to check out!
    Blessings!
    Kelly @ Sage Manor

Just Me :) says

YOur menu looks so yummy! I really enjoy Taste of Home too…I save all of my magazines. :)

Margaret says

The pasta looks good!

I generally ask the kids for 2 suggestions each for the coming week and then add 3 of my own ideas. That’s where I put my new recipes and often they soon become favorites as well!

JJ - Lady Di says

We use Taste of Home (and their other magazine recipes) quite often in our house. This week is Leanne Ely (of Saving Dinner) recipes. I’ve always had good luck with her recipes – but the big thing with me is the side dishes. I find that I really don’t plan well on them – actually I usually over plan on them and I get sooooo tired of salads and canned/frozen foods sometimes. So it’s nice not to have to think sometimes. Anyway, you have a great looking menu this week.

I’ve made something almost similiar to the taco bake recipe, except without the corn chips underneath. I will have to try it that way if it’s good.

April says

The taco crescent bake sounds so yummy! I want to try that. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Wifey says

Looks like a yummy menu! My family loves that taco bake.

annie says

Your menu looks yummy!

Melissa says

I’m adding Meal Patterns to my life in hopes of helping my meal planning to not take so looong!! I hope it helps!! :)

jen says

Your menu sounds great. I bookmarked the Sausage Spinach Casserole and the Taco Bake…I make alot of new things…I get bored with the same ole same ole. Hope you are digging out of the snow, and spring is coming your way. And I hope you all are staying well away from sickness this season has been a tough one with the flu. Have a great day!

Shawn says

Newbie reporting for duty! I’m a long time lurker but now I’m a first time poster.

I’ve been doing menu planning for a while now but I’m looking forward to getting new ideas! : )

Linda says

Taco bake is a favorite here in our home!
    Great menu

Michele says

There are so many great ideas here. Thanks! :)

Niki says

I love your blog!

Our family enjoys trying out recipes from Taste of Home as well…they always have good ones.

Julie says

Love seeing all the yummy dinners everyone is planning. I get lots of great ideas from you guys!

Adzele says

I am loving the chicken pizza…I have been talking about making one for weeks…maybe I try one sooon!
    Thanks for sharing.

kat says

what a cool thing, i’ve been posting my menus since January & always though it would be good to share

Charity says

I cannot wait to try the Crockpot Brown Sugar Chicken!

Sharon says

Delicious Menu, Laura! :) I love trying new recipes, too. Thanks for the links. I didn’t post my menu today, since I didn’t have each day planned. So thanks again-I think I’ll try out some of your recipes!

By the way, do you find it takes a while to choose your recipes (the new ones)? When I search online for a new recipe, it seems to always take a good chunk of time. Just curious!
    Have a great week!

Alisha Duhon says

I loooove orgjunkie and I have been wanting to try MPM for a while….decided to bite the bullet and give it a go;) Hopefully I will stay motivated to keep it up~~thanks to to Liz at MommyChef.blogspot.com for the inspiration!

Melanie says

This is really turning out to be such great accountability! Thanks for hosting!

Marsha says

My update is in my sidebar. Tonight’s chicken recipe came from A Year of Crockpotting and was so splendidly simple and delicious that I’m sure it’ll become a standby around here.

Aimee says

I left a link to my blog but when my husband tried to use it it was not listed. Could I have deleted it somehow?

Thanks for having this every week-it is so fun to see what others are having for meals! I have already gotten a few new recipes!

Jen (JenofAvonlea) says

Your menu looks YUMMY! I especially like the sound of brown sugar chicken in the crock pot… mmmmm!
    Jen

Paloma says

Menu planning is saving my sanity!!!!

Queen B says

I love the taco bake!! Can’t wait to try the others!!

Trish #2 MPM says

oh I am so relieved …I posted my menu late and was hoping to find a homemade pizza recipe – AWESOME – you had it all along !
    My second MPM !
    Beautiful ?
    My MPM is up
    My Little Drummer boys

Jessica says

I like Thursday…Leftover Buffet. ;)

Krista says

1st time and a day late! I hope to do better next week. I loved seeing all the other recipes.

Melody Stone says

I guess I am not the only one that thought the taco bake sounded yummy. I made it this evening and my family loved, especially hubby.

Holly says

I really like the pictures of the food — it makes me so hungry!!!

Comments