Menu Plan Monday ~ March 24th

mpm2.jpg

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a nice Easter. Did anyone else find it impossible to come up with a menu when fully stuffed from a delicious dinner? My word I feel like I never want to look at food again, well until tomorrow anyway LOL. Dinner was so good, but the best part of all was the dessert, Strawberry Banana Trifle. Oh my!

100_9260a.jpg

What was your favorite Easter dish?

Last week on our menu was the Ultimate Grilled Cheese recipe. I loved it and was all over the Miracle Whip gooeyness of it but my husband, not so much. If anyone else tries it out I’d love to know what you think of it.

So on the menu this week:

Monday: Homemade pizza with friends

Tuesday: Cheddar Ham Soup (using up leftover ham)

Wednesday: Marinated BBQ Chicken served with spinach salad

Thursday: Slow-Cooked Spaghetti Sauce

Friday: Black Bean Quesadillas

Saturday: Leftover Buffet

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines here.

The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Comments

65 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ March 24th

Candi says

Yum—sounds like a tasty week! That trifle looks so good!!

Beth says

The cheddar ham soup looks great.

Have a good week!

PlanningQueen says

My favourite Easter Dish was the campfire roast. We went camping with some camping “professionals” who cooked a roast in a camp oven dug into the ground near the fire. It was a leg of lamb with tomato soup, onions and carrots. The flavour was amazing. I am going to try and replicate it at home. Your strawberry banana trifle looked so delicious.

The Happy Housewife says

The trifle looks great. It is one of my favorite summertime desserts. I planned my menu on Saturday because I didn’t think I would have time to do it today. I am glad I did because I can’t even think about eating anything else right now. We did the nontraditional thing and had 5 Guys hamburgers for lunch and tacos for dinner… I am stuffed!

Rose says

I tried the teriyaki chicken recipe you posted a couple of weeks ago. I have now served it twice! For me that is a miracle! Thanks!

Myndie says

That trifle looks de-lish. We are making our quesadillas with black beans too. Enjoy your week!

Nicole says

Oh my goodness! That trifle looks devine! :)

jenn says

I am all over the Black Bean Quesadillas – thank you so much for the link!

Tracy says

Wow. I can’t believe how long it took me to make up my first Menu Plan Monday post, but it was worth it. I printed out the recipes as I went and now I’m all ready to go for the week! I think I’ll start a bit earlier next time though, lol. Well now I’m off to put the plan to action (it’s evening here in Australia).
    Blessings,
    Tracy

orneryswife says

Sorry; the link thingy had my WFMW info in it and I caught the link but not the title. Happy Monday! :-)
    TM

Jodi says

That trifle looks very yummy!! My favorite dish was the ham, my MIL did an awesome job on it!! Mmmmm

You have a yummy week lined up!

Allie says

That trifle looks deliciously amazing! For Easter, I made a pork cumin-rubbed pork roast. It was from Chris Carmichael’s Fitness Cookbook. He was Lance Armstrong’s trainer.

The recipe was surprisingly easy. I mixed a rub of cumin, olive oil, and other spices, rubbed it all over the roast, and threw it in the oven for about 35 minutes. That was it! I was surprised at how moist the roast turned out as well.

See my menu plan and add your sewing posts to my Mr. Linky at http://www.learningtobefrugal.wordpress.com.

Once again, wonderful job on the trifle and good luck on your menu this week!

Heather says

We grilled out with family on Saturday, my stepfather’s banana pudding is out of this world. Since my husband was on shift yesterday was simply a matter of C.O.R.N. (Clean Out Refrigerator Night)

I hope you had a lovely Easter weekend.

Char says

I know the feeling about trying to menu plan after Easter dinner – too hard. My menu this week is light – inspired by the spring Food and Family magazine and Weight Watchers.

Fergie says

Hi There,
    I’ve been lurking for a while, and finally started to meal plan today. Thanks for the inspiration.

Fergie says

Not sure what happened to my link, but here’s another try…HAPPY MONDAY

JJ - Lady Di says

Our favorite Easter dish? The Hot Cross Buns that I tried for the first time. I’ve never had or made them before. Recipe is here: http://view-from-the-stove.blogspot.com/2008/03/hot-cross-bun-review-and-2-movie.html

Hubby ate them all day long, I was good and limited myself to a total of 3 for the day. I can’t wait to use the same dough to make cinnamon rolls!

As for my menu for this week. This time I included some recipes, one is TNT (Tried and true) the other two I haven’t tried yet, but they do look good! And like you, I’m going to be using up some of the Easter ham with other recipes. But that’s what I look forward to. And later on I’ll make Split Pea Soup with the ham bone. My mom looks forward to that, since I use some of the sauce (Brown Sugar & Sherry) that we used to baste the ham with in the pea soup. It gives it a nice flavor – since the ham was cooked in it and I guess not unlike the English tradition of adding sherry to their pea soup. After making the pea soup, Everyone in my family gets some, so I always make a bunch and freeze it for those that don’t live nearby. It’s a way to care for my extended family.

Rona says

Hello Laura,

We went out for Easter lunch. I have to say that the Catfish was my favorite dish, at Landry’s Seafood House.

You have a terrfic week!

Mom24 says

The trifle looks absolutely wonderful–I can’t wait to try it. Thanks for hosting this, it helps me to get organized for my family, and I love seeing what other people are doing.

jennP says

We didn’t actually have any conventional Easter meals. We were visiting my side of the family and they don’t do traditional meals such as ham at Easter or turkey at Christmas. My husbands family is very traditional though.

That strawberry trifle looks absolutely delicious… !!

CanadianSaver says

Oh that looks very yummy!! My favorite dish was a frozen peanut butter pie, an old family favorite.

Serena says

Sounds yummy!!! :)

Jenn M says

I made the same trifle recipe, I threw the raw vegan out the window for the day…LOL, and it was WONDERFUL!!! Everyone loved it. Thanks for sharing!

Jenn

Kari says

Your menu looks great! My favorite easter food is the ham (or is it the potatoes, or the deviled eggs, or the fruit salad???) I really can’t decide. Your triffle looks beautiful. I make one like it but I add blueberries. So yummy! Have a great week!

Deanna says

The Ultimate Grilled Cheese recipe sounds wonderful but I would have to use mayonnaise as the recipe calls for rather than Miracle Whip. Icky stuff, although my husband likes it. We have to keep both in our refrigerator.

I like to make homemade tomato bisque soup to go with grilled cheese sandwiches. I’ll have to try this next time soup and grilled cheese are on the menu.

Margaret says

The trifle looks wonderful!

Our favorite Easter dish was the Mee Krob appetizer we ordered at the Thai restaurant where we have our Easter dinner!

kat says

the triffle looks amazing. I loved our whole Easter dinner, spiral cut ham (we just bought a few slices for the two of us), mashed yukon gold potatoes & asparagus, all followed by single serving sour cream peach pies.

Michele says

After following along for a while, I am officially joining in on the fun. You’re menu sounds delish!

Have a wonderful week! :)

Rosanne says

I (secretly) check out your blog quite often…so when I opened your site up this morning, I thought just for a second, “Wait a second, I haven’t posted my pictures yet…” because I made the same trifle recipe too! Thanks for the idea. It was yummy! I’ll have my photo up later. Great site by the way. It’s inspiring me to cook more. I haven’t quite worked my way to planning an entire week of meals, but I’m getting better thanks to your ideas. :)

Nicole says

Thank you so much for doing this. Hopefully this can get me back on track and more organized.

Nicole says

oops I think I accidentlyhit the bottom twice because I am on there twice. Could you please fix it for me.

andi says

That trifle looks awesome. We will definitely be checking it out soon.

Stephanie says

Happy Easter, Laura! Glad your dinner went well! That trifle looks so gosh darn amazing- if I could eat sugar, I would be all over that thing!

Don’t think I mentioned that I tried that dill pot roast that you posted a while back and really enjoyed it- thanks for the recipe!

Wifey says

You have a yummy menu! Thanks for the links. That triffle looks delish!

Lisawa says

Looks great! That truffle looks so good! *Ü* Lisa

Mrs. F says

Your Easter dessert looks delicious!

I am making my menu up completely of things I have in my house. I am not going to the grocery store for even ONE ingredient this week. Just milk.

Susanne says

That picture makes me want to run right out and buy a trifle bowl today!

Marianne says

Do you really set out your leftovers as a buffet? I take everything out of the ‘fridge and set it on the island and tell everyone that it’s “the week in review”. I so desperately need to re-re-reorganize my walk in pantry…please post some ideas!

Kiy says

Oops, I was so pooped last night that I forgot to post here that I did indeed pull off getting my MPM up! That Strawberry Banana Triffle looks divine, might have to make that sometime soon!

Cheers, Kiy

Queen B says

The grilled cheese is planned for tonight…I’ll let you know!!

Rachael Crosby says

We’ll have to try the grilled cheese for lunch this weekend. I think we have all the ingredients on hand. Thanks for all your work in hosting this!

Jena says

thanks for doing this every week!

Sheila King says

Your menu looks great! Have a blessed week!

JennyV says

Thanks for hosting. I’m trying to make a habit of planning a weekly menu. This helps.

Sonshine says

Thanks for hosting! I didn’t want to plan this week but after two days of no plan I could tell my family was “lost”. So I planned!

That dessert looks mouth-watering!

jen says

The dessert looks great. I bookmarked it. We had your herbed tuna sandwiches and they were wonderful I might add. I’m glad you had a good Easter. Do you still have snow?

Melissa@BreathofLife says

The trifle looks delish!

When you get a chance, hop over & see the attic cleaning I’ve done. And I’ll welcome any advice to deal with the old paperwork up there!

Kim says

Hi! Well I finally tried the Deluxe Grilled Cheese sandwiches………to my shock and horror – my kids did not like it. What the potato is up with that? I, for one, LOVED it, and it occured to me…it is really just a cheese ball on a sandwich!! What’s there not to love. And I am so going to use leftover cheese ball this way. In fact, next time I’m going to add ham or tuna, some wort sauce, some green relish and Hello Yummy!! Oh….and I’m going to eat it all by myself! Love ya! K.

Robinznest says

MMM…. I have made that beautiful dessert before, but I totally forgot about that recipe. Thanks for the reminder! I’m going to make it very soon!

Darci says

We made the trifle tonight. Amazing! We put it in wine glasses so that it we could serve it individually. I would recommend doubling the pudding and the bananas.

Comments