Menu Plan Monday ~ Feb 25th - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ Feb 25th

mpm121.jpg

Welcome to MPM! I’m excited to try four new recipes this week. I love trying out new recipes especially from my Light & Tasty and Simple & Delicious (formerly Quick Cooking) magazines. Today I just randomly grabbed a magazine from the middle of my collection and all four recipes came from this one magazine, the Quick Cooking Jan/Feb 2006 issue. Here’s hoping they turn out great.

Monday: Ground Beef Spiral Bake

Tuesday: Maple Pecan Pork Chops served with Hash Brown Apple Pancake

exps29554_qc943310d68b.jpg

Wednesday: Orient Express Chicken Salad (recipe not yet available online) served with Golden Wheat Bread

exps30958_qc944048d44b.jpg

Thursday: Leftover buffet

Friday: Sausage Spinach Bake

exps30004_qc944048d33c.jpg

Saturday: Anniversary Dinner out ~ 13 years!

Sunday: Dinner at friends and then off to see the Watoto Children’s Choir from Uganda sing

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines here.

Comments

64 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ Feb 25th”
    Dara says:

Happy Anniversary in advance!!!

Candi says:

Happy Anniversary!! It’s a good week!! My baby turns two this week!!

You have a tasty sounding week!!

Lisa D. says:

Your menu looks great! Congratulations on your anniversary. We’ll be married 13 years this July.

13 years – congratulations! Enjoy the choir, I imagine that will be quite special.

Sharon says:

Happy Anniversary! :) How sweet.

I love trying new recipes, too. I look forward to next week to find out how they were. Those hash brown apple pancakes sound GOOD! Thanks for the link.
    Have a great week, Laura! Thanks for hosting, as usual.

Well, happy anniversary! You have a great week ahead, both food and non-food wise.

Perfect recipe for bread; I am on the hunt for a good one right now. I think honey was the missing ingredient. Now why didn’t I think of that? :)

Happy Anniversary! Your meals look yummy as always…

Kim says:

Happy Anniversary! We hit 15 years in May. I still can’t believe we’ve been married that long… can’t believe it in a good way I should add. Have a blast on your night out!

Natalie says:

Happy Anniversary!

Beth says:

This week’s menu looks great. I have sausage leftover from tonights dinner so I might just have to try the sausage spinach bake.

mjpuzzlemom says:

Happy Ammiversary… I am thinking I need to try the sausage spinahc bake with fresh spinach ( maybe saute it with the sausage? ).

Thanks for hosting MPM!

MJ – What A Crock!

Stacy says:

The sausage spinach bake sounds yummy! I’d like to try that one.

Happy Anniversary!

Stacy

I’ve been away for a few weeks as we’ve battled the flu. It’s great to be back cooking again! Thanks for hosting!

Happy Anniversary!! :-)

Cyndi says:

Oh, happy happy anniversary! And enjoy that wonderful Ugandan choir!

Forgetfulone says:

Looks tasty! Congratulations on your 13th anniversary.

Michelle says:

sounds just delicious!!! Happy Anniversary.thanks Laura for hosting..the children’s choir sounds wonderful.

happy anniversary, laura! congrats on thirteen years!

Vivi says:

Joyeux anniversaire de mariage, as they say in these parts! Thanks for hosting, as always. :)

Irene says:

Hi, Thanks for hosting, and a very happy anniversary to you!

Mom Chatter says:

13 years… CONGRATULATIONS and hope you have a great celebration! :)

JJ - Lady Di says:

Happy Anniversary to you! Our 10 year is Thurs. We missed having our wedding on a leap year by one year – something hubby “complains” about every year. My grandparents on my mother’s side got married on a leap year and my grandfather always said he could only get blamed about missing his wedding anniversary every few years (I never got to know him). Enjoy your dinner out. We’ve found that we usually enjoy dinner in since most of time we enjoy my cooking better (the more unusual ethnic foods are the exception).

Heather says:

Laura, as always thank you for hosting. Happy anniversary.

Heather B says:

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you have a good time planned. 4 new recipies. Happy cooking. Hope they turn out great.

That hashbrown sounds yummy!

Andrea says:

Happy anniversary! Your menu looks delicious. Thank you so much for hosting this – it is definitely helping me out.

~Andrea

Your menu looks wonderful as usual! Happy anniversary!!

I am up with two menus (one includes recipes!)this week again.

Lori says:

Happy anniversary!! We just celebrated our 13th on the 11th!!! Blessings to you and your hubby!

Tamy says:

Tuesday sounds YUMMY!

Sandra says:

Great Menu Laura :) I don’t have one up this week, so busy with the move and everything….but I’ll be back next week :)

Lisa wa says:

Mine is up! I have been a slacker the last… many weeks… but Im back in the saddle again!

Lisa

andi says:

sounds yummy as usual. Let us know how they are, I definitely want to try the recipes.

Kim says:

Congrats on your anniversary!

Kim says:

Congratulations on your anniversary.

Beck says:

I do that too – pick a magazine and use it for all of this week’s recipes!
    I’m interested to hear how they turn out.
    Mine’s up.

mandy says:

It all sounds wonderful, especially Buffet night! I will seriously have to try that one.

Wifey says:

Happy Anniversary!

Mrs. F says:

Happy anniversary!

We had a party on Saturday and have tons of leftover taco meat. Hopefully I can use it all up this week. Wish me luck!

Again happy anniversary!

Angela in TN says:

This is my first week! :)

Ashleigh says:

I just LOVE your site!! I feel like we’re kindred spirits!! I just did my first post to MPM!! I’m learning lots!! Haven’t been bloggin’ long! Thanks for everything!!

Jodi W says:

thanks for hosting this each week!

Marsha says:

I’ve decided to put my menu in the sidebar as a permanent reminder for me that I can access without scrolling. Zippee! I can feel the organizedness growing by the minute.

Mrs. Wilson says:

YAY for Mondays! I think it’s my favorite day of the week!

Proverbs31 says:

Early congrats on your anniversary! Hope y’all have a very special date. :)

Julie Monroe says:

Hi. This is my first time posting to Menu Monday. I tried to link to my menu page and not my homepage but couldn’t get it to work. I also haven’t figured out how to link back to your menu page. I’ve got your site posted to give you credit. I hope to have this figured out by next Monday. Thanks for letting me participate!

I’m always so inspired by all the wonderful things on MPM! There’s just not enough time in the world to read them all, much less to try them all! Oh, what a wonderful, delicious predicament :)

Missy says:

Hey sorry about my post (101) Not sure what I did to make it look funky. Happy Anniversary!!

Melanie says:

Happy Anniversary!

kerslyn says:

hi! this sounds interesting! hope I could join. :-)

Barb says:

Happy Anniversary, a little early, Laura.

I’m not participating because it’s hard to plan menus when there’s no one home to cook for during the week. Baloney sandwich, baloney sandwich, baloney sandwich…..well, it would get a little boring I think. LOL But what a huge success your MPM has become!

jen says:

Your menu sounds wonderful. Let me know how the Spinach Sausage Bake goes. It sounds great. I also made home made bread this past week. Happy Anniversary this week…ours is today. No date planned yet….gymnastics tonight…sounds like your weekend will be fantastic…enjoy it. You all deserve it.

Meshellyn says:

I’ve been wanting to hop on this bandwagon for awhile now. We don’t cook just yet, but this is my first step in the process. I have a menu lined out. Maybe I’ll use it this week, maybe next week, maybe next month – it’s a start though! Thank you :)

JoAnn says:

Happy Anniversary!

I hope you Anniversary dinner was awesome!

Can you give the link or the recipe for the Ground Beef Spiral bake? I think it sounds like something my kids would eat.

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. [...] coconut muffin (with coconut flour) this week. Sounds good, yes? The swap is hosted this week by Natalie, the Gluten Free Mommy herself. And of course, I always love to post my menu plans with Org Junkie. Here it [...]

2. [...] over to I’m An Organizing Junkie for more great menus and recipes! [...]

3. [...] And for more menus, check out the organizing junkie! [...]

4. [...] See what’s on the menus of other food bloggers by going to the weekly roundup post here. [...]

5. [...] For more menu plans, visit Organizing Junkie. [...]

6. [...] For more great menu idea visit Laura at the Organizing Junkie. [...]

7. [...] more inspiration, visit Org Junkie today.  And as always, I highly recommend menu planning as an antedote to insanity! share [...]

8. [...] I’m hoping to start taking more food photos, so look forward to that soon (I hope!) For more recipe ideas, head over to Organizing Junkie. [...]

9. [...] more menu plans and recipes with Menu Plan Monday at I’m An Organizing [...]

Comments