Menu Plan Monday ~ Feb 18th + Herbed Tuna Sandwiches

mpm121.jpg

Hello! Last week I had to change my menu around a bit because I forgot about including the special Valentine’s dinner I like to make for my family. One of my favorite wedding presents 13 years ago was a heart shaped waffle maker. I just love it and nothing says I love you like heart shaped waffles on Valentine’s Day served with strawberries and whip cream :) Yummy!

100_9201a.jpg

So cute! I also made gluten free ones for my son along with a heart shaped gluten free, dairy free, egg free chocolate cake for dessert. My son who is the pickiest eater EVER gobbled it all up! I will post the recipe for both over the next couple of days as I know I have quite a few readers who are also gluten free.

Another recipe highlight from last week would have to be the Chicken in Pesto Sauce. A delicious garlicky cream sauce that is low in fat AND easy to make. It just doesn’t get any better than that! I got the recipe from a site called Eat Just One More and it looks like they have quite a selection of healthier recipes.

This week we are eating:

Monday: Fajitas

Tuesday: Herbed Tuna Sandwiches (recipe below) with Tomato Soup

Wednesday: Pesto Salmon with caesar salad (can you tell I love garlic!)

exps27238_cft854088d59b.jpg

1/4 cup minced fresh chives
2 tsp minced fresh parsley
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp onion powder
8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese

In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place four slices of toast on an ungreased baking sheet; top with the tuna mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-4 inches from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with remaining toast.

Printable Grocery List

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU?

Menu Plan Monday guidelines here.

Comments

78 Responses to Menu Plan Monday ~ Feb 18th + Herbed Tuna Sandwiches

Natalie says

Those waffles are so cute and they look tasty!

Jenny says

I have never made homemade waffles. My boys would faint with excitement if I did, I’m sure!
    I am going to try that Chicken in Pesto next week for sure. Especially that it is low in fat.
    Great menu!
    Thanks for hosting this every week! I look forward to see what everyone is eating and getting new recipes!

Lori says

WOOHOO! I finally remembered to do this. I’m new so I hope I did everything right, if not please let me know:)

PlanningQueen says

As always thanks for hosting Laura. You have great variety in you meal plans. I love garlic too!! Enjoy your week.

Leeann says

Hi Laura,

As always, thanks for posting! It makes my week so much easier to get the menu planned AND see other people’s ideas!

Make it a great week!
    Leeann

Michelle says

oh the waffles look good.I must try the chicken in garlicky cream sauce..Have a great week and thank you for hosting..

Sandra says

Those waffles look so good :)

You had me at garlic sauce though LOL I Love Garlic, so I’ll have to take a look at that chicken recipe.

Hugs,
    Sandra

Betsy says

Great menu this week!

Lora says

I made heart-shaped waffles for my family, too. They loved them!…Your herbed tuna looks great, I think I’ve got to try that!

Linda says

This is going so well for my hubby and me. He appreciates knowing ahead what to expect and I don’t have to hear that question every day! He even asks for special plan ahead things. Thanx Laura

tiffany says

LOL One of my favorite wedding gifts 14 years ago was also a sweetheart waffler!! Must have been the gift of the early 90’s. A couple years ago I bought a fancy schmancy belgium waffler like the hotels have and it didnt even make it a year but that cute sweetheart one is still making delicious waffles! :)

Vivi says

Hi Laura! Those waffles are adorable! Thank you so much for hosting – this is my first time! :)

Bonnie says

How cute … heart shaped waffles !!

I love the look of the pesto salmon !! gonna have to try that one out !!

Misslionheart says

I’m garlic mad too. I put it into most dishes!

Have a great week in the kitchen…

PlanningQueen says

Hi Laura, Sorry about the no spaces. Thanks for fixing it up for me and I will program it in to my memory banks for future links.

Becky says

Love the heart-shaped waffles! What a special thing to do for Valentine’s Day! Your pesto recipes and the tuna sandwiches look delicious, too.

Thanks for hosting!

Wifey says

Those waffles are too cute! I’m sure they make a wonderful Valentine’s Day dinner. Have a great week!

mjpuzzlemom says

Looks like a great week. We love salmon here, so I stole the Pesto Salmon recipe. Thanks for sharing and for hosting MPM!

MJ

The Happy Housewife says

Those waffles look good, we are making waffles as I type this.
    More pantry meals for us, we are still trying to eat down our pantry!
    Blessings~

Karen@FamilyBriefs says

Those waffles look great! You always come up with such neat meal ideas! Thanks for hosting as usual!

Jen@BigBinder says

Thank you so much for hosting this every week. I really enjoy putting my menu up, and enjoy reading everyone else’s even more.

The tuna looks really good. By the end of Lent my family is so sick of tuna noodle casserole they are ready to scream.

Sharon says

Aw! Love the heart-shaped waffles. Cute. :) I’ll have to remember that for next year.
    I also like hoe simple the Italian Chicken recipe is. I need more simple recipes. ;)
    Thanks for hosting. Have a great week!

jen says

Thank you for posting the Tuna recipe…..yum….that is good for an easy lunch or easy dinner. Your menu sounds great.

Christy says

This is my second time, but I read a lot of these posts! I love MPM. And those waffles looked great!

Leni says

I used to have one of those waffle makers when my kids were young. We wore it right out!

Trisha says

Those waffles look so yummy! This is my first time posting my menu here, can’t wait to go through everyone else’s!

sheri says

great recipes and cute idea for Valentines day,,sheri

Amy P says

The waffles look amazing! I think I will try the herbed tuna sandwiches next week. Thanks for the recipe!

April says

Mmm…the Chicken in Pesto Sauce sounds delish! I’m going to try that next week! Thanks for sharing.

Twisted Cinderella says

Wow those waffles look yummy!

I have TWO menu plans this week with recipes included. My families Meat loving menu plan and my vegetarian one. Have a great week!

Alexis says

Those waffles are fabulous! I think I’ll have to try the pesto salmon, too. This is my first time trying a weekly menu, so hopefully it goes well!

mandy says

I am so motivated by you guys. Thanks for all your wonderful ideas. (I also organized my daughter’s closet-and feel GREAT about it)

wesleyjeanne says

I LOVE pesto! The more garlicky the better!
    Great menu and, as always, thanks for hosting.

Jasmine31 says

Those heart shaped waffles are cute!

Mikki says

Those waffle’s look so yummy!

Stephanie says

Those waffles are adorable- what a great idea!

And the pesto salmon sounds delicious! Good choice!

Thanks for hosting! :)

Nicole says

Cute idea for Valentine’s Day :) I’ve bookmarked the chicken pesto. It sounds sooo good. I love garlic too!

Jen L says

As all my friends know I have been doing this for a while now. I love the idea of sharing my menu plan!! Now I have an outlet for it!!! I will try to find pictures for my recipes or links. I do my menu plan Sunday -Saturday. I go shopping on Fridays for the following week. Thanks!!

Susanne says

Strawberry waffles. Yummy! I really need to break out my waffle maker!

We looooove tuna sandwiches around here. I’ll have to try this one.

CC says

This is my 1st week participating!

emily says

Thanks for the inspiration! I love getting meal ideas. First-timer here…lmk if I did anything wrong!

Beverly says

Those waffles look yummy!

kylydia says

Found a new planning tool! Check it out!

Mrs. F says

How adorable are those heart-shaped waffles???? Super adorable. Love ‘em!

Happy Monday to ya’!

La Rêveuse says

Did you know in France waffles are not considered a meal, they are something you order for dessert? They’re called gaufres (f). Pronounced like “gopher”, sort of. ;) You can often buy them from street vendors, warm, to eat out of hand on a cold day while shopping for Christmas presents. Yours are darling!

Michele says

Hi Laura – I accidentally put first time on my post (#174) – it was in the browser. Sorry! Michele

Aimee says

LOVE The waffles! I really need to get a waffle maker!!!

Sister Brenda says

This is my first week wish me luck..
    BLessing Sister Brenda

JJ - Lady Di says

Ok, this is a loose plan since I’m not sure exactly WHEN we’ll be eating the dishes, just WHAT we’ll be eating this week. Recipes for Salmon and Sauerbraten posted.

Melanie says

This is my second time doing this! I’m having fun! I think I might have to give those tuna sandwiches a try!

Kiy says

Late commenting, but my menu is up! :)

Melissa says

Ya-hooo! I got it in on time! I shared a favorite recipe too. I’m gettin’ with the program–slowly, but surely!! :)

Aidan says

I am in love with your site. It is so much fun to read. Though I am sure you would have a heart attack if you happened to come across my home. It is so cluttered and unorganized. – we did just move and I have many great ideas planned for organization and de-cluttering!

The Menu Plan Monday sounds awesome. I am going to have to do that. Not only will it save me financially, but it will help me out in just feeling less stressed at Dinner time!

My kids just love waffles but we go with eggo’s. Yours looks so yummy. Put up my menu plan for last week and the upcoming week as I forgot to post mine this week. It’s hard to get back into the swing of things when you go on a vacation.

Celeste says

So great to find other people who share my views…. having a menu planned and the grocery shopping done just makes the whole world seem more bearable sometimes.

I’m hoping to remember to keep up with posting my menu to you every week :)

Great space you have here!!!!

gina says

Your salmon looks fantastic!

PlanningQueen says

Hi Laura, I linked in again, as my first listing actually now links back to you again! Not sure if this was the right thing to do. Please let me know if this is not ok. Thanks.

sea says

Er… what happened to everybody’s menus? I’m so confused… I wanted to visit some other menus and now they don’t seem to be visible anymore…

-Sea

Lisa at Day by Day says

Love how many comments you get here!

I stopped by to see what you were up to, an low and behold I found the recipe for Italian Chicken on your menu. Thanks for sharing that one.

I just purchased a bunch of chicken breasts on sale and was stumped on what to do with them. I know – it shouldn’t be a difficult thing. So thanks so much for the quick idea. We love Italian seasonings.

Your blog is a blessing. Thanks for all the work you put into it. Sharing your passion…

killlashandra says

The plain ole simple and basic Italian chicken totally works for our house. Sprinkle with some Italian vinaigrette before baking then some Parmesan and you’re good to go. :)

andi says

Your menu looks great. I have one question that I am sure has been asked already, but what are perogies? I missed this week of MPM, because we were out of town and I could feel it today when I had no idea what to make for dinner. Thanks for being on top of things.

Shilah says

I’m new to Menu Plan Monday, but I’m not new to planning. I’ve been doing it for awhile. I love planning menus for the week. Sometimes I do a couple weeks in advance. My 7 year old daughter likes to help me plan also. Then she looks forward to helping me cook and eat the dinners.

Michael@NoFlourNoSugarDiet says

I’m a big fan of waffles, too- don’t believe I’ve ever had a heart-shaped one…
    meanwhile, the ‘gluten free, dairy free, egg free chocolate cake’ sounds like a great addition to the gluten-free vegan cake niche!

Where is that posted?