Menu Plan Monday ~ January 7th - %%sitetitle%%

Menu Plan Monday ~ January 7th

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Welcome to a brand new week!

Somehow over the holidays I wound up with an abundance of food in my freezer so over the next couple of weeks I’ll be trying to use up what I’ve got on hand. Not only will be this be great for my grocery bill but also for my freezer so I can think about doing the defrosting that is needing to be done!

Also you’ll notice that starting with this week I am going to start including Saturday in my menu planning. I didn’t traditionally plan for the weekends due to wanting to leave room for some flexibility in the weekly plan but I’ll still have Sunday open for that. Saturdays have become busy family days and having a menu plan for that day will allow us to spend more time together. Sundays are typically leftover days or soup and sandwich days. Just simple and easy. No fuss, no muss.

It seems I have collected an abundance of recipe links in my Favorites from when I do my MPM crawl each week. I’ve just been adding these recipe links to a folder I simply titled Recipes. However I got frustrated today while trying to search all these links for a particular recipe so right there and then I had to stop what I was doing to create myself some sub-folders titled chicken, pork, beef, meatless, desserts and drinks. Hopefully this will save me some time in the long run.

So my menu plan for this week:

Monday: Ground Beef Spiral Bake (Simple & Delicious Jan/Feb 08 ~ not yet listed on website) ~ this recipe makes enough for two casseroles so one can be frozen for later

Tuesday: Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice

Wednesday: Slow Cooked Ribs (Simple & Delicious Jan/Feb 08 ~ not yet listed on website) served with Garlic New Potatoes

Thursday: Leftover buffet

Friday: Pizza Night (I’ve been using my bread maker for the crust and it tastes terrific)

Saturday: Turkey burgers with fries

Sunday: Anything goes

WHAT’S ON YOUR MENU?

Comments

61 Responses to “Menu Plan Monday ~ January 7th”
    Vickie says:

Hey Laura,
    Looks good. My week is very easy. I hope to have a huge Once a Month Cooking session next Saturday to replinsh my freezer.
    Blessings!
    Vickie

Tiany says:

Once again we are at a similar place as i too am using some stuff from the freezer that was left over from Christmas! I love that! :-)

Great idea to organize your links into subfolders too! I usually end up with a nice headache after searching for recipes! LOL

Have a great week and thanks for hosting!

Leeann says:

Your menu sounds great. There are several of your meals that I would like to make sometime in the future, especially if you like them. Thanks for hosting MPM, it is one of the highlights of my week and a really helpful part of my life.

You’re the best!

Leeann
    niccofive.blogspot.com

Cherie says:

I would love to get your pizza dough recipe for your bread maker. We love homemade pizzas! Plus, I really need to use my breadmaker more often (I think I used it last 3 years ago) or I really need to get rid of it!

Eden says:

Your menu looks great Laura! Thank you so much for hosting MPM! I’ve posted mine too.

Sheryl says:

Great menu. I need to organize my computer recipes files, too. One more thing on my Jan. to-do list :)

Michelle says:

it’s all sounding delicous…especially the ribs ;-)thanks for hosting every week.

Candi says:

Yep–my grocery list is short this week….
    milk, kale, brown rice. I, too, am using what I have on hand!!

That’s a great idea to create sub-folders. I need to better organize all the recipes I am finding through this clever little thing called MPM, too!! :-)

Bonnie says:

Great Minds Think Alike ! I’ve just done my Menu Plan Monday and it’s all about using up what we’ve got !!!

Jena says:

Hi Laura,
    We always have to plan for Sat. and Sunday: Five growing kids and a crazy schedule–usually I don’t have leftovers either. I guess that’s what happens with teenagers!

Crystal says:

Thanks for hosting! I love, love, LOVE Menu Plan Monday!

Nic says:

Making dough for pizza bases is all I use my bread maker for now!

it’s been a number of weeks since i posted a Menu Plan Monday, and it’s nice to be back. thanks, Laura, for continuing to host it – i find it very helpful! have a great week!

Becky says:

I’m glad the freezer will make life easier for you this week. The menu looks delicious!

My dh husband would be thrilled if I were fixing ribs this week! lol!! maybe I’ll add them next week….

Connie says:

What a great idea! I have a freezer full of meat and just keep buying more! Looks a good week to inventory my freezer.

Have a great week!

blessinghill says:

Your menu looks great this week. It’s so great to be able to clean that freezer out!

Char says:

It looks like the slow cookers are getting a workout this week – it must be winter!

Zoe says:

Anything that combines garlic and potatoes sounds good to me.

Amy says:

Mine’s up! Thanks for hosting!

Kerry says:

Please share your pizza recipe! I used to use my bread maker for dough, but was never really happy with it. I’d love to give a new recipe a try.

Marla says:

Looks yummy Laura! Happy New Year!

Kari Fischer says:

Thanks for hosting MPM! I’m new (this is my 2nd week) and I love getting on to see what everyone else is having and getting new recipes to try! Thanks again! It helps keep me on track!

Have a wonderful Menu plan Monday!! Mine is up for today.

Renee' says:

Great menu. Hope you had a wonderful holiday! Thanks for hosting this.

Susanne says:

Everything sounds good. Have you made the chicken crockpot dish before?

I’m so behind right now, that my menu will probably not be up for a little while but I do know for tonight it will “Bev’s Chicken Casserole” from Company’s Coming Casseroles book.

jen says:

Your menu sounds really good. I would like to know about you Spiral Beef thing your making tonight. It sounds really good. I did the freezer meal over Christmas Break since I was so sick. It helped alot…I think I have one more left. I’m going to the Dr today so I can get rid of the stuff I have. AGHHH!

Stacy says:

Another yummy week!
    I love the link organizing idea.
    Have a great week,
    Stacy

Emily says:

Looks great- thanks!

Shana says:

Sorry, I left the wrong blog link above. I reposted the right one. :)

So you are part of my new years resolution this year. I am going to do better about planning and sticking to my plan for my families meals. I have joined in twice on MPM but I hope to become a regular…:o)

Happy New Year!!!

Donetta says:

My ,my Laura look at your list of names here. Goodness your meme has prospered look at the difference your making in community. I am so proud of you for this is a great help to so many.

Suz says:

That ground beef sprial thingie sounds interesting! I used to make pizza dough all the time in my bread machine…back when I had one.

MPM really helped last week and this – so glad I joined in on the fun!

Sandra says:

Great menu Laura, thanks for hosting this every week :)

Jennifer says:

Got my menu up for this week!

Penny says:

Everything on your menu sounds delicious! I am back at posting my weekly plan after a little time off.

Penny
    penny-penn.blogspot.com

mjpuzzlemom says:

Looks like a good week. Thanks for hosting!

MJ

I loved my bread maker for pizza crust, but now I use my large stand mixer for breads and pizza. Great menu!! Mine is up here. Have a wonderful week!

jenni says:

Thanks for always hosting MPM – it’s been great!! I am a lurker on your site, but coming out to ask if you know of a particular poster on your site who focuses on low carb/glycemic index meals. I have gestational diabetes and am having trouble getting my meal planning done. Thanks!!

Laura says:

I’ll try to post my pizza dough recipe this week for you. Thanks!

Laura says:

Jenni I don’t know of anyone offhand but perhaps someone will see your comment and visit to let you know.

Thanks for delurking!

Laura

Jessica says:

Thanks for always hosting!

Crystal says:

I visit your site often but this is my first time actually participating in MPM! :)

sandy says:

Holy cow, girl – look at all those people linking to you – that is awesome! I just wanted to pop in and say hi – hope your JAN is going well. :)

Gina says:

Why am I so resistant to the weekly meal planning thing! Maybe I’ll try it again, but I’ve been able to get around it by doing freezer cooking. It’s been working for us so far, but your linky is really inspiring me!

Khrista says:

This is such a great idea and resource! This is my first week participating! Thanks for hosting!

Alex says:

I love planning out what we are going to eat each week. And I really like that we can come here and see what everyone else is eating, too. Gives me good ideas for upcoming weeks!

Kim says:

Getting the recipes organized is a goal or mine for 2008.

sheri says:

hi, am new to your web site. can u explain to me the purpose of planning a menu. it is just my husband and I. I’am retired and he works long hours. he was always the cook before when kids were home. I used to be a terrific cook, but to tell u the truth have just gotten out of the habit of doing it. I need to plan a grocery list(I do not grocery shop,he does)but I think I should, as he works so hard. I do not know how to plan a grocery list or a weekly menu. I know sounds dumb,right! so if anyone can help me to get started that would be terrific..thnks so much,sheri

Laura says:

Hi Sheri,
    If you click on the Menu Plan Monday tab at the top of the page you’ll find some information about how and why I menu plan as well as instructions for joining. I noticed your link didn’t work.

Feel free to email me and I’ll give you a hand.
    Laura

Laura says:

I am trying this for the first time. I suffer from “What’s for Dinner?” every night. I sure hope this helps the week go more smoothly.

Linda Parker says:

This is the third time -maybe 4th- I have signed up to be a part of this group. My name always appears when I sign up and then when I come back, it’s gone. Am I an outcast or what? I visit other names on this list and wish I could get visitors also….

Linda Parker says:

OK I figured out that I need to link back directly to my most recent MPM. I don’t know how to link back to you though. Do I have to redo this every Monday?????
    I forgot to put first timer–sorry…

Linda Parker says:

DUH! Now I feel so silly. Of course, I have to repost each week. I still need to know how to link back to you. Sorry to be such a pain….

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. ~*Menu Plan Monday*~…

Yaaayyy…it’s back to normal life! I love the holidays…and I also love to see them go :) So it’stime to get back on the weight-loss program andinto our regular daily routines, which means timeto get back into the weekly menu…

2. [...] love the way this little meme is helping me stay organized in the kitchen.  LOVE IT!  Please see all the entries at Organized Junkie for more ideas than you can shake a wooden spoon at, and for those of you [...]

3. [...] Laura to see what’s cookin’ over yonder! Happy [...]

4. [...] has been months since I’ve participated in Menu Plan Monday (hosted by Organizing Junkie). With the new year upon us and the increased instances of dining out [...]

5. [...] wanted to participate in Menu Plan Monday for a while now and the start of the new year is giving me a great reason to start. I usually plan [...]

6. [...] If you want more Menu Plan Monday, head over to Organizing Junkie! [...]

7. [...] here to see others’ menus for this [...]